It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Face in pictures look oily!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
    qwerty3
    (female)

qwerty3 HB User
    Face in pictures look oily!

So I have noticed that in pictures my face looks somewhat oily..theres always a sort of glare (sort of like im sweating a bit) on my face. The thing is, before I go out and when I look into the mirror it doesn't really look that oily! Sometimes it does a bit..what can I do for this? Is there a wash, some sort of pads to cleanse my face with..or any tips? I hate looking greasy in pictures! argh!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2006, 06:56 PM   #2
    MoonLight0
    Inactive
    (female)

MoonLight0 HB User
    Re: Face in pictures look oily!

Try using a toner after you wash your face. It's supposed to help control oil. I use one, but don't see a difference since I don't have oily skin in the first place. I just like to use it because toners are pretty good for removing oil and refreshing skin.

I've also heard from a lot of people that those Clea&Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets help with soaking up the oil while leaving your makeup intact (if you wear makeup, that is). I've never tried those personally (I don't have to), but I've heard countless times that they work great.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #3
    Bev92
    (female)

Bev92 HB User

Try a mask with Milk of Magnesia (the original unflavored kind) by Philips. Leave it on for 10 or more minutes and rinse. Do this after cleansing. It's a miracle for oily skin, it also leaves it soft and smooth.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #4
    WanderingSoul
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WanderingSoul HB User

I use Neutrogene pressed powder foundation in the morning, and then I carry it around with me all day. Every few hours I reapply a little bit to my nose (and sometimes chin and forehead; the main places I get oily) to get rid of the shine. It works great!

Old 12-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #5
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Those Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets ARE pretty good to have for oil or combo skin. They work better than blotting papers in my opinion. I used to have very oily skin and used to ALWAYS carry them around with me. There is a blue blotting powder also but I didn't like it at all.

I would also recommend to carry along a pressed powder for touchups.. sometimes even just a slightly dewy face that doesn't look oily can look oily in pictures. It's usually because of the flash or the lighting. I find that when I don't use the flash on my camera, I never get the oily look on my face. I totally know how that is though b/c it happens to me too and my skin is normal now.

There are also mattifying lotions, along with toner, as suggested.. but it sounds like you are only worried about it for the pictures. I would try touching up the powder definitely and using the sheets if you think you would need it for that! Good luck!

Old 12-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #6
    qwerty3
    (female)

qwerty3 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bev92
    Try a mask with Milk of Magnesia (the original unflavored kind) by Philips. Leave it on for 10 or more minutes and rinse. Do this after cleansing. It's a miracle for oily skin, it also leaves it soft and smooth.

Where can I get these masks?
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

Old 12-16-2006, 03:49 AM   #7
    Bev92
    (female)

Bev92 HB User

You can just buy the bottle at any grocery store usually in the medicine isle. It's in a dark blue bottle and it's the Philips brand. Just make sure it's the plain kind. It's cheap and lasts quite a long time, and works like a charm!!

Old 12-16-2006, 06:29 AM   #8
    ambb106
    (female)

ambb106 HB User

or biore shine control it goes on like a gel but makes your skin feel silky smooth and cuts the oil and shine!

Old 12-19-2006, 05:17 PM   #9
    qwerty3
    (female)

qwerty3 HB User

So what isle are these products one, cosmetics, medicines? Like the toner, mattifying lotions clean and clear absorbing sheets, biore shine control...thanks inadvance

Old 12-23-2006, 06:18 PM   #10
    qwerty3
    (female)

qwerty3 HB User

I tried looking for that milk of magnesia stuff...but i couldnt find it...i wasnt sure where to look - i looked in the meds and face stuff...

I picked up Biore Shine Control Moisterizer and the green face mask stuff (shine control face mask) ....has anyone tried that?

Also, what are "mattifying lotions"..?

Old 12-23-2006, 09:13 PM   #11
    Bev92
    (female)

Bev92 HB User

Well, it will most likely be in the medicine isle like where the asprin and cough meds are. It's a laxative. If you still really want to try it, just ask one of the workers there. All stores have it.

Old 12-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #12
    greeneyedgirl18
    (female)

greeneyedgirl18 HB User

qwerty3 - let me know how that lotion works out for you. I had it in my hands just this morning but I decided to check here to see if anybody has had any luck with it.

Mattifying lotions just take the shine out of your face so it's not all oily. Most of those products claim to have some "time release" thingie in it that controls oil or "soaks it up" for a good portion of the day. I normally never have any luck with that stuff, which is why I want to hear how that Biore worked out for you!

Old 12-24-2006, 07:30 PM   #13
    BluEyez1031
    Veteran
    (female)

BluEyez1031 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by qwerty3
    I tried looking for that milk of magnesia stuff...but i couldnt find it...i wasnt sure where to look - i looked in the meds and face stuff...

I picked up Biore Shine Control Moisterizer and the green face mask stuff (shine control face mask) ....has anyone tried that?

Also, what are "mattifying lotions"..?

I used to use the Biore Shine Control Moisturizer and I really liked it. However, I wouldn't say that it controlled oil all day long. It was just a nice, oil-free, very light moisturizer that I would recommend using during the summer.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:49 AM   #14
    pink crush
    (female)

pink crush HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bev92
    VERY interesting! I'm always open to trying stuff like this. =)

Closed Thread