It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

• Sweats/Chills

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2003, 08:57 PM   #1
    sltanner

sltanner HB User
    Question Sweats/Chills

I see there are a lot of others that experience the sweats. Does anyone else also get the chills? The primary reason I don't sleep well is I'm constantly in a state of sweating/chilling. It can be 68 in the house and I will be so cold that my teeth chatter, 63 in the house and I'm sweating. This goes on day and night. Sound familiar to anyone else? - Shelley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2003, 07:22 AM   #2
    cattys
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cattys HB User
    Hi Shelley;

I also get the chills and I also sweat alot. One minute I will be cold and the next I am burning up and my face turns really red.

You are not alone. My body temp is so messed up.

Take care and I hope you have a great day.
    cattys

Old 05-10-2003, 08:54 AM   #3
    stickgirl
    Inactive

stickgirl HB User
    Shelley, My body Temp is the same. It drives me crazy at times, I can be so cold and wrap up them bamm I am throwing off the blankets and sweating. I told my Dr last week I want to scream, it's driving me crazy. He said, Well here (as he closed the door) Scream all you want.

Your not alone, unforgently. I wish they made a pill for this.

Does anyone who take Neurontin feel that it make you even hotter about an hour after you take it?

Not sure, but I feel even more sweats about an hr after I take mine. Maybe its just normal sweats, not sure.

Stickgirl

Old 05-10-2003, 11:43 AM   #4
    Soxy
    Veteran

Soxy HB User
    All I can say to my fellow RSD'rs is DITTO!
    Soxy

I have to add that it drives my husband crazy!

------------------
    Believe in Miracles!!

Dianne

Old 05-10-2003, 03:41 PM   #5
    sltanner

sltanner HB User
    Hey you guys, thanks for your replies! It really helps to know I'm not alone - Shelley

Old 05-25-2003, 01:50 AM   #6
    daregreatly

daregreatly HB User
    Almost everyone I know has the sweats and chills periodically. Some have hot flashes and some have both. Some have them all the time and some off and on. Ask your doctor about it being related to RSD. Always ask the doc. Just because ours is RSD related, yours may not be.

Old 05-25-2003, 09:46 AM   #7
    Norine

Norine HB User
    I don't know if I have RSD yet or not, but I've been dealing with being too hot and too cold also. I didn't get much sleep last night. As soon as I'd throw the covers off, I'd be cold and have to put them right back on again.

Norine

Old 05-25-2003, 10:43 AM   #8
    Soxy
    Veteran

Soxy HB User
    I checked with my doc and it is RSD related. Also, the rashes that I get periodically are RSD related. My skin is very sensitive now and trust me when I say I am over 21!!!!!

------------------
    Believe in Miracles!!

Dianne

Old 05-25-2003, 12:24 PM   #9
    stickgirl
    Inactive

stickgirl HB User
    Talking

Like Soxy I deal with the skin sensitivity also. The Chils, Sweats and the rashes I get are all related to RSD. My Dr's give me a Stronger Hydrocortizone cream for my rash plus the Aveno skin care line helps me with the itchies all over. I hate the sweats/chills the worst. I am past menopaus. had that done many yrs back in my 30"s and take meds for hot flashes. This associated with RSD is much worse the normal hot flashes. I try to wear cool clothes so that when I have the chills I can grab a sweater/jacket/blanket then throw it off when the hots come back. They sure come back with a vengence sometimes don't they. I have more problems with pain waking me up then chills/sweats.

I wish us all a nice calm day with a low pain day

Angels do exist, there all around watching us all.

Stickgirl

Old 06-08-2003, 12:27 AM   #10
    scriptor

scriptor HB User
    It's not fair! I'm 20 years old and I'm going through HOT FLASHES!!!!!! One second boiling hot. The next I'm fressing! But that was one of the RARE side affects of Topomax.

Old 12-15-2006, 11:09 PM   #11
    neverenough915
    (female)

neverenough915 HB User
    Re: Sweats/Chills

Does anyone get like really bad cold sweats? like ill get really cold and put on like five blankets but ill be shivering and sweating like crazy.

Old 12-15-2006, 11:16 PM   #12
    neverenough915
    (female)

neverenough915 HB User

stickgirl...like what kind of rashes are they? im not trying to be weird or anything but i my skin gets like all spotchey and my dr says she has no idea what it is.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:43 AM   #13
    MissVanessa
    (female)

MissVanessa HB User
    Red face Re: Sweats/Chills

My hands are constantly sweating from the RSD.

I am constantly feeling like my arms, hands, shoulders are burning up (while on the outside my skin is freezing cold). I get really warm/ flushed quite a bit and then all of a sudden I'll be freezing!

Tempature changes are part of RSD/ CRPS... it is like your body's tempature is way reset... Example: When I feel 70 degree water with my right arm it feels warm, while on my left arm it feels warm!

About the skin sensitivity: I also experience that. If someone just brushes by me the pain is AWFUL and I sometimes scream/ cry from the lightest touch. I know what that's like and I am working hard on desensitization for that.

Last edited by MissVanessa; 12-24-2006 at 09:46 AM.

Old 12-26-2006, 09:49 PM   #14
    Skooze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Skooze HB User

Hi everyone

Boy someone did some research. This post was started in 2003!! I was looking through some of the names, and I guess this was way before my time.

I think we all have sweats and chills. I remember after my neck surgery, when I started going back to physical therapy, I would litterally soak the sheets in a matter of minutes. That's when I was first dx'd with RSD. I also read some earlier posts about sweating so bad like you feel like you were getting ill. This used to happen to me alot at first. That happens when you are in so much pain, that is a good sign that your meds need an adjustment. My feet will feel like they are on fire on the top, but on the bottom they feel ice cold, and my doctor when examining me said it was the opposite. It's just the central nervous system misfiring.

I guess the best way to combat this, is by dressing in layers. I know it's hard to find the right fabrics that don't irritate the skin. Splothcy skin is a sign of RSD as well. It's called motteling. And I hate the sweating part too! Does anyone else go through alot of lotion? I drink plenty of water, but I think from sweating so much it dries the skin out. Just curious! Aloha Skooze

Old 01-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #15
    fedup05
    (female)

fedup05 HB User

ill go like one min ill be warm and walking around my house in a tank top and jeans and the next im pileing on like 3 layers on it is not even funny. i get the chills like every hour and then im hott. so i know what you are going threw.

Closed Thread