It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Head Pressure and Ear Pressure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #16
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
    Re: Head Pressure and Ear Pressure

Oh Marsha, I am so sorry to hear! You were doing so well there for a while. No fair!

cappy7, Mike, MarshaI have never had the head pressure but it sounds horrid. I don't know how you guys survive each day with it.

I can't think of anything to suggest ... maybe antihystamines or sinus medicine to lessen pressure? Maybe sweating to make your body lose water? Maybe a heating pad on your scalp to increase circulation of blood? Or a very very gentle scalp massage to get the lymph moving?

I take plaquenil as an anti-inflammatory. For the life of me I can't tell if it works or not. It's a prescription but it's cheap. Maybe you guys can try it?

My LLMD also prescribed a new anti-inflammatory for me called Naproxen.

I have not tried it yet because of the dizziness and drowsiness warnings and I am so tired as it is during the day, I can't risk taking any drowsy inducing drugs while I'm working.

Perhaps that can help lessen the head pressure?

I'm thinking of you all and I'll send up a prayer that relief comes soon.

Hang in there. We're soldiers in a terrible battle for our lives. We'll make it through - one day or one hour at a time.

Peace and health to all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2007, 08:09 PM   #17
    Pearlscale
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pearlscale HB User

Just to update:
    I take diamox for fluid. Was put on it initially for head pain. So yesterday I upped it to 1 am 1pm. Was taking 1 a day. Had taken 2 a day before so thought maybe it would help.

Head pressure is better. Not gone but definitely better. So ANYONE with head problems, you might want to check into it.

Mickie, hope you are doing better. You were not doing to well last I heard. Has it improved. Working, taking care of kids, etc has got to be hard. I tried to do some inventory today and worked for about 2 hrs. Was tough.

Hang in, we'll make it through this. All of us.

Prayers....Marsha

Old 01-09-2007, 12:35 PM   #18
    jillyanna
    (female)

jillyanna HB User

When I began my bout with lyme disease, I was in a very active, healthy, comfortable place in my life. I was bitten by a tick on Easter Sunday as I ran through my parent's beautiful lakeside yard hiding Easter eggs for the children. I found the tiny sucker the next evening. It left a large, odd place, but it didn't look like a bull's eye until almost 3 weeks later, and it had faded considerably. Even though I had told myself to watch out for the rash or illness, by the time I started being Really Sick, about 3 weeks later, I had almost forgotten about the tick bite. I started doxycycline on May 13th, Mother's Day, took it continuously until Sept. 9, have been on azithromycin since then. I have eaten one large, fresh, organic clove of garlic every day since July.(My poor husband has to too, so he can stand it.) I also eat plain yogurt every day, and avoid sugar and white flour. I try to eat healthily, and to exercise when I am able. Exercise makes me feel better, but it is hard not to injure myself. I am still symptomatic. My hip has been hurting for 2 weeks, at times making it almost impossible to get around, then the next day, it is almost fine. Sometimes I lose hope, cry, pray, read scripture, then start again. I'm not gonna let it lick me!!!

I had constant head pressure for from May until August. It made me nauseous. I thought that it was my brain stem or cerebellum, because it was at the base of my head. My doctors paid no heed to my complaints about this particular symptom, but it was one of the things that bothered me the most.

My lyme manifested itself mostly nerologically at first, then came the severe fatigue, the inability to talk on the phone and do anything else, didn't trust myself to drive for almost 3 months, dibilitating pain that would come and go, poor eyesight, poor reading comprehension, "swiss cheese brain", etc.. (I'd like to forget about LYME and remember everything else!)

I have multiple allergies, but had had that under control for years. The only allergy med that I used daily was a cortisone nasal spray. I kept wondering if my two existing conditions (allergies and hemochromatosis) could be affecting my response to the lyme borreliosis. Doctors couldn't say. I decided to go off my nasal spray (since it contains a steriod) , and take an oral allergy med that I only used for extreme times, because it is very drying. It is called AllerX. You take one pill in the am and one in the pm. I started out with the full dose for several days and gradually cut it down.

After the first day, I noticed a marked improvment it my muti-tasking abilities! I noticed that cognitively I was behaving almost normally! I took it for about 3 days, thought that I must be imagining a correlation, so stopped. After about 3 days I found myself thinking,"darn, I guess that I wasn't feeling better". I"m VERY forgetful. Thankfully, I remembered that I was doing an experiement, and resumed taking the AllerX. I haven't gone A DAY without it since. My doctors (allergy, internist, lyme ) have no explanation, and practically no interest.

All this to say, my brain swelling (for lack of a better term) WENT AWAY after I had been on the AllerX for about a week. It was WONDERFUL, and thank the Lord, it has not returned!

For months, I googled " lyme - brain swelling , head pressure, etc," and could never find any mention of this symptom. So, I had to respond to your question. I hope this helps in some way! jillyanna

Old 01-09-2007, 08:28 PM   #19
    Pearlscale
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pearlscale HB User

Jillyanna
    Wanted to welcome you to the board.

Everyone: Just think I figured out why I have been in the downhill spiral. I ran out of augmentin in early December. What I switched to is not in the augmentin family. I went back in my journal and found my best improvement was when I had to go on augmentin for a cat bite infection. I had been on it for several months. I ran out of augmentin and switched to one that I had been on previously.

I have some ammoxicillin from right before I went on the augmentin. I know it is a little different (doesn't have the ?acid) so it is out of your system quicker. I had been on it three times a day before the augmentin. So I just started back on it.

My LLMD is on conditions set by the medical board so I know he cannot give me a rx for augm.

My nausea has been unreal today. I thought it was viral (my daughter and granddaoughter next door have had stomach virus) But now I think from my journal notes and Jillys note that it is tied into the swelling in my head. I will keep on the fluid tabs twice a day. Was so sick this am that I skipped my meds and then noticed my finger so swollen I had to take my rings off?????

It is all coming together in my lyme brain. Sometimes we have to work threw it ourselves like Jilly said.

Don't give up.....work it out....think lyme brain.....we'll win this war yet!!!!! (with the Lords help)

Prayers and didn't mean to write a book. Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 01-09-2007 at 08:30 PM.

Closed Thread