It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• POREOILYME! I HAVE BF QUESTIONS YOU NEED TO ANSWER!! PLEASE!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-01-2003, 05:55 AM   #1
    froggytoo

froggytoo HB User
    Red face POREOILYME! I HAVE BF QUESTIONS YOU NEED TO ANSWER!! PLEASE!!!

This message is for poreoilyme. You seem to be the veteran on B5 use and I find it appropriate to ask you questions that are lingering on my mind. I have been pondering on whether I should use this treatment or not. Iím looking at purchasing the Acnemiracle powder form with B5 gel. Itís frustrating that their online store is under construction right now, I wonder if its available over the counter. Iím here in the Philippines and Iím just gonna ask my boyfriend to purchase it for me there in USA (and besides I donít have a credit card.). My acne which has worsened after I had hormonal imbalance is stressing me a lot lately. But so are the horror stories that Iíve been reading on the message forums. Based from your personal experience, please answer these questions:

1. What adverse reaction/side effect have you experienced from your B5 treatment especially during the high dose (10g) period? Iím especially concerned on weight and hair loss reported by some of the users. I definitely donít wanna loss any weight, and more so with my hair! My boyfriend always tells me never to change these two things in me. However, my skin is really giving me so much insecurity because he has a flawless skin. :-/ On the other hand, I read in some forums that they experienced the other way around, i.e. they gained weight. Iím really at a loss which is real.
    2. Did you ever feel the side effects reported by some of the people here like fatigue, headaches, nausea, etc?
    3. Exactly what b-complex supplements or other vitamins are you taking? Whatís the brand?
    4. When you say drink tons of water everyday, how much is that? Like how many glasses?
    5. For very, very light acne (which I used to have before), how much maintenance dosage do you recommend?
    6. Acnemiracle has 50mg zinc with it, is this good or bad?
    7. Can you exactly give me the times when you drank your dose during your 10g period? Thatís 2 months right? And is it before or after meals?

Thanks a lot, poreoilyme! I really wish you can answer these questions swiftly! Iím also considering topical medications but Iíve read acnemiracleís site and their report on topical medications (how they can be resistant or ineffective after youíve used them so many times) is discouraging. MORE B5 POWER!!!

froggy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2003, 09:02 PM   #2
    cjay

cjay HB User
    Hi

Here are a few suggestions before you go out and spend needless money, and use products that could be more harm than good.

Wash your face morning and night with hot sudsy water. Do not use expensive soaps, regular soaps like Dial, Zest, Neutragena are fine.

Between washings, use alcohol and/or witch hazel as a toner/astringent.

About the water? At least eight containers a day. Get one of those plastic water bottles and keep it filled with cold water (16 ozs. )

Good Luck

Old 08-06-2003, 08:12 PM   #3
    poreoilyme
    Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
    I don't take over 6 grams a day, and never did l0. Six works well for me and I can get by for a few days with less, but then I start to see some breakouts forming.

I had some slight fatigue (never headaches or nausea) on the Evolution X for a while and I think it may have been allergy-related and not due to the B5. I switched back to TwinLab and have had no problems. It seems to be a better brand.

I drink about l/2 to 3/4 of a two-liter bottle of water a day. I try to take my B5 before meals, but at 6 grams I don't eat THAT often so of course many doses are without food.

I have experienced no change in my weight, nor have I experienced any hair loss.

The first week of B5 can give you some temporary diarrhea, but it disappears.

Good luck and sorry I didn't see your post sooner or I would have replied before now.

I take supplements of Vitamins A & D, C, E, calcium/magnesium/zinc and a B-complex. You probably don't need all of these, but I don't always eat well so these are necessary for me. Each seem to contribute to better skin overall for me--especially the A & D supplement.

[This message has been edited by poreoilyme (edited 08-06-2003).]

Old 08-06-2003, 08:51 PM   #4
    faisaljawed007
    (male)

faisaljawed007 HB User
    WEll, I am also considering on trying this B5 treatment, I am using a herbal product called "Safi" which is a blool detoxifier but it only cleared acne from my forehead. I am currently on 5% BP and oxybalance cleansing pads with nutrogena acne soap. I want to seriously give B5 a try but do i need to continue using B5 to keep acne in control? Also, diareah as a sideffect doesnt seem so bad. I am just concerned about the huge dose which is asked to take for the treatment.

Old 08-07-2003, 06:38 AM   #5
    froggytoo

froggytoo HB User
    Talking

thank you so much to those who replied to this topic, especially to you Poreoilyme! I have been reading most of your messages to enlighten myself about B5. And by the way, the topic title is supposed to be B5 QUESTIONS not BF QUESTIONS.lol. I would have wanted to try Acnemiracle's products but their online transaction is not yet available. Is Twinlabs available over the counter? I'm sorry if i dont know this, this product is not available here so I will have it purchased there while Acnemiracle is still not available.

I'm wondering why you never took the 10g initial megadose? Do you mean you took 6g and stayed on it until now? Where can I get a history of all your messages?

Thanks again. You have been so helpful. I hope you're and ordinary person and not from any of the B5 companies. lol.. just kidding..

Closed Thread