It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board

• 1st period after c-section

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
    manchak99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

manchak99 HB User
    1st period after c-section

is it normal to have a very heavy period after a c-section? i started my first one last week-about 4 weeks after the section...still have....some days hardly anything...others like today, lots of clots! normal? does this 1st one last longer too?

also-have my 6 week checkup next friday.....IF i still am bleeding, will i need to reschedule?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
    Jordyn
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Jordyn HB User
    Re: 1st period after c-section

My first pd after my section didn't come till 4 months post partum (but I am breastfeeding). It was slightly heavier and longer...and crampier. Then I waited another 7.5 weeks for the next one and it was VERY clotty and crampy and heavy and long.
    Not sure about the 6 week check up as I never had one. My OB did a check up on the incision but I had used a midwife and she said that as I had never had abnormal cells I did not need to have an internal done until a year after my last one (which was November and I now have no doctor and can't get an appointment for it...guess I should have gotten one at 6 weeks after all).

Old 01-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #3
    soon2bmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

soon2bmommy HB User

Yes, on average the first period is longer, heavier, and just plain nastier than other periods. Mine was horrible! And I went to my 6 week PP even though I had my period because my incision still needed to be checked. It's not just a pap visit, so I wouldn't reschedule.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #4
    manchak99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

manchak99 HB User

what? do they really do an internal?

i guess i'll call my dr's office tomorrow and ask them what i should do......hopefully by next friday this will be done!

Old 01-12-2007, 08:06 AM   #5
    MellyMel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MellyMel HB User

Yes, I had an internal at my six week check up. She also did either a pap or smear, because she stuck something up there. LOL. It didn't hurt at all, I just didn't know they did that post partum. I just thought she'd look at my incision and let me go, but I guess they feel to make sure things feel right or back in place after delivery? Good luck!

Melly

Old 01-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #6
    xinerevelle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

xinerevelle HB User

Hi Ladies!

I got my first period about 3 days ago and it was much heavier than it was before I got pregnant, so I guess I'm on track with everyone here. Also, I had some eggwhite CM about 6 days before that and that was at the same time as my 6 week checkup (doc did my annual pap smear then). He had to "clear out some mucus" he said in order to do the exam (yuck!). Also, the EWCM was particularly clumpy and heavy... Otherwise there was no other "checking" done (to feel for ovaries or uterus, etc). But, this was not my regular Gyn (my Gyn is not an OB but my OB is a Gyn too... if that makes sense).

Oh, and of course, because of my MRSA infection in the incision site, I've been doing weekly visits with my OB. Incision is almost completely healed now.

Christine

Last edited by xinerevelle; 01-12-2007 at 01:24 PM.

Closed Thread