It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• A lot of shaking in chest and numbness and pins and needles in hands

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
    Blueeyes
    (female)

Blueeyes HB User
    A lot of shaking in chest and numbness and pins and needles in hands

hey everyone im 22 female on psychiatric medications. I stopped one cold turkey and developed shaking and a lot of strong pain in my chest area. took an echocariogram all negative for heart problems. Another thing is my head always spinning and Im always feeling dizzy. Also, I get numbness in my hands and pins and needles is this all from going off my psychiatric medication cold turkey. What did i develop wrong with me? Please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
    studey
    (female)

studey HB User
    Re: A lot of shaking in chest and numbness and pins and needles in hands

you are going through withdraw..from your meds,,not taking them...it is a horrible feeling..When I did that..I felt like electric shocks was going from the top of my head to my my toes....even if i just moved my eyes,,it was horrible,,the only thing that stopped it was getting back on the pills and telling doc,,and tapering off slowly...cindy

Old 01-15-2007, 11:27 PM   #3
    PearlDoves
    Veteran
    (female)

PearlDoves HB User

I did this once as well and it was a horrible ordeal. One should NEVER quit a med like that cold turkey. The best way to help yourself is to take them and wean off slowly, otherwise you could really hurt youself as you are seeing, in some cases it could be much worse. You can call your doc and tell him you stopped your med and see what he says as well as far as med management at this point. I hope you feel better soon, Many blessings!

Old 01-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #4
    Blueeyes
    (female)

Blueeyes HB User

but this happened two years ago im still having side effects pins and needles in my hands numbness head spinning and always dizzy. and i feel like there is something moving through my body and my chest is always tight. what doctor do i go see for help witn this?

Old 01-20-2007, 09:21 AM   #5
    motherof7
    (female)

motherof7 HB User

Did the symptoms start when you stopped your meds?

If so it could be withdrawal.

Psy mens are "blood level " drugs. So they leave your system a little at a time not on the day you stop them.

If the symptoms preceded you going off of them then they could be a side effect of the meds or it could be a different problem all together.

It is never wise to stop taking any med cold turkey without your doctor knowing.

I would advise you to call the doctor that put you on the meds and see him.

He should be able to point you in the right direction more than a message board

Good Luck

Old 02-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #6
    Blueeyes
    (female)

Blueeyes HB User

This problem is an ongoing problem been happening over 2years now. i probably damaged my body going cold turkey off my psychiatric meds. i also get these weird sensations like something dripping from my head than going into my chest thn down my leg is this a nerve or what. i get a lot of tightness in my chest too i always feel faint

Old 02-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #7
    PearlDoves
    Veteran
    (female)

PearlDoves HB User

I would recommend seeing a neurologist as this could have something to do with the Central Nervous System (CNS). I would also talk to your Primary doc as well in case he would like to rule out any other problems. Good luck and many blessings, hopefully its nothing serious.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #8
    Blueeyes
    (female)

Blueeyes HB User

having head spinning a lot and sensations going down my back.i dont feel aligned my body something is not 100%. im always dizzy and always feel like im going to collapse. what is this from

Closed Thread