It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Addison's Disease Message Board

  • Desperate words of a desperate man

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 01-08-2007, 04:08 AM   #31
    koyla86
    Inactive
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Uxbridge UK
    Posts: 26
    koyla86 HB User
    Re: Desperate words of a desperate man

    You are trying various ways to control your multiple conditions.Welldone for shouting out. The body can control and fight any health condition - it just needs help, and that help is extra breathing to create extra fighter cells in the blood. This is the simple best free control/cure you will come across.
    The Yoga Pranayam (breathing exercises) are:

    Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose.Duration upto 5 minutes.

    Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for upto 20 minutes twice a day.(Max 60 min/day) Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

    Anulom Vilom - Deep Breath-in through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
    then - Breath-out through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
    then -Deep Breath-in through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
    then - Breath-out through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
    and repeat this cycle for upto 20 minutes twice a day(maximum 60 min/day).

    Tips : Breathe into lungs not into stomach. Do not hurry. Do it slowly. Rest whenever needed (in any pranayam).Can be done in sitting position, standing or lying in bed(if bed-bound).Keep tissues handy, as a lot of mucous from lungs will be coming through the nose.Try and do pranayam before meals.
    How does it work:
    Pranayam is about getting more oxygen into the lungs and sending it around the body via blood to aid in body repair. With extra oxygen more platelets and red blood cells are formed to build up the immune system.Extra fat is burned to reduce weight. All this happens naturally without side-effects.People with all types of ailments including incurable ones will benefit. This has been practised by sages, but has been simplified and brought to the masses by Ramdev.

    Tell the medical advisor that you are doing pranayam and also tell others. Only by trying you will discover the benefits and then tell others via this board.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 01-08-2007, 09:27 AM   #32
    WandaB
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 342
    WandaB HB User
    Re: Desperate words of a desperate man

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chrisS81
    No I'm taking 20mg right now. Although I do have problems getting to sleep some nights so what you said may ring true about taking too big of a dose too late.

    My dose is broken down like 10 at 7am, and then 10mg at 4-5pm usually. I'm thinking maybe I should try 10 at 7, 5 at 12, and 5 at 3 and see what happens there. Maybe I'll get to sleep better then. I'm not adding salt to my food, but what if I start drinking some gatorade in the morning and then some in the evening? There is good electrolytes and sodium in that.

    I notice I did feel better this evening after I had some gatorade, or it could have been just me being awake long enough.
    Chris,
    Please do split your doses, 10,5 & 5. Stay with your last dose time so you can tell that it helps to split the dose. You need 2/3 of your total daily dose by about 1pm. Don't know where the docs get there dosing info. They really lack knowledge & many people are "paying dearly" for the bum advice.

    You should be adding a bit of salt to your food. It should help your energy level. Gatorade has allot of sugar, but is used by many with addisons. I would gain weight using it all the time. Protein is also important to help keep us going.

     
    Old 01-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #33
    WandaB
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 342
    WandaB HB User
    Re: Desperate words of a desperate man

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by koyla86
    You are trying various ways to control your multiple conditions.Welldone for shouting out. The body can control and fight any health condition - it just needs help, and that help is extra breathing to create extra fighter cells in the blood. This is the simple best free control/cure you will come across.
    The Yoga Pranayam (breathing exercises) are:

    Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose.Duration upto 5 minutes.

    Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for upto 20 minutes twice a day.(Max 60 min/day) Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

    Anulom Vilom - Deep Breath-in through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
    then - Breath-out through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
    then -Deep Breath-in through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
    then - Breath-out through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
    and repeat this cycle for upto 20 minutes twice a day(maximum 60 min/day).

    Tips : Breathe into lungs not into stomach. Do not hurry. Do it slowly. Rest whenever needed (in any pranayam).Can be done in sitting position, standing or lying in bed(if bed-bound).Keep tissues handy, as a lot of mucous from lungs will be coming through the nose.Try and do pranayam before meals.
    How does it work:
    Pranayam is about getting more oxygen into the lungs and sending it around the body via blood to aid in body repair. With extra oxygen more platelets and red blood cells are formed to build up the immune system.Extra fat is burned to reduce weight. All this happens naturally without side-effects.People with all types of ailments including incurable ones will benefit. This has been practised by sages, but has been simplified and brought to the masses by Ramdev.

    Tell the medical advisor that you are doing pranayam and also tell others. Only by trying you will discover the benefits and then tell others via this board.
    Koyla,
    Thanks for taking the time to post this info. I have printed it & will give it a try. I have asthma & my lungs are never used properly. "Many" of us with addisons have developed asthma since being diagnosed. I have much more trouble with it than the addisons.

     
    Old 01-17-2007, 02:22 PM   #34
    AlwaysTired247
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    AlwaysTired247's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2006
    Posts: 226
    AlwaysTired247 HB User
    Re: Desperate words of a desperate man

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chrisS81 View Post
    Yes my Stim test result was 9 and bumped up to 15(from 11-25 on the 'average' chart).

    He does think they could work again, but then again the last time he tried to take me off was when I was still feeling horrible. Once he saw how I responded even worse he said I definitely need it, so since then we have been very, very slowly increasing the dose, but he seems to not want to increase it too much.. even though I'm still in a very difficult position(no physical activity or I feel horrible, I know it's the cortef as every increase helps a lot).

    I did ask him the likelihood, and he said "50/50 chance" to get my adrenals to work again. Does that mean we shouldn't raise them up to 20mg? Does that mean I should stay on this low dose and feel horrible? That sounds like a really, really tough choice to make and take a chance on..especially if I want to get a house and actually start working again.. plus we are suppose to get married this summer... gahh.. what a nightmare time for all this to happen...

    How wonderful if I could have put this off until I was 40
    Chris,

    I wanted to ask you, before your stim test, did you have any other tests done, like regular blood draw for cortisol, or Urine? And what where you results? Where they in the normal range?
    __________________

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

     
    Old 01-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #35
    chrisS81
    Inactive
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Dec 2006
    Location: indiana
    Posts: 56
    chrisS81 HB User
    Re: Desperate words of a desperate man

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTired247 View Post
    Chris,

    I wanted to ask you, before your stim test, did you have any other tests done, like regular blood draw for cortisol, or Urine? And what where you results? Where they in the normal range?
    I think they were low, at the bottom of 'normal'. Only a stim test was necessary to determine for sure. Fortunately I have some function I guess, although that isn't doing much for my other wide variety of problems. Muscles refusing to recovery are my biggest downfall at this point.. if it weren't for that possibly I could exercise some and that would help with things.

     
    Old 01-18-2007, 02:58 PM   #36
    AlwaysTired247
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    AlwaysTired247's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2006
    Posts: 226
    AlwaysTired247 HB User
    Re: Desperate words of a desperate man

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chrisS81 View Post
    I think they were low, at the bottom of 'normal'. Only a stim test was necessary to determine for sure. Fortunately I have some function I guess, although that isn't doing much for my other wide variety of problems. Muscles refusing to recovery are my biggest downfall at this point.. if it weren't for that possibly I could exercise some and that would help with things.
    Yeah, that sounds like me. However, my Testosterone did show below normal. It was 319 (400-1080 was normal range). Everything else was in range, but on the low/borderline side.

    You might have already mentioned this, but what is your blood pressure? Normal?

    Mine is always in normal range.
    __________________

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    Last edited by AlwaysTired247; 01-18-2007 at 02:59 PM.

     
    Old 01-18-2007, 03:32 PM   #37
    chrisS81
    Inactive
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Dec 2006
    Location: indiana
    Posts: 56
    chrisS81 HB User
    Re: Desperate words of a desperate man

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTired247 View Post
    Yeah, that sounds like me. However, my Testosterone did show below normal. It was 319 (400-1080 was normal range). Everything else was in range, but on the low/borderline side.

    You might have already mentioned this, but what is your blood pressure? Normal?

    Mine is always in normal range.
    My Test is low as well like that, and my blood pressure is pretty average when they take it, although I do have a 90bpm pulse which I'd love to start exercising again and work on.

    By the way did I ask you yet if you ate a lot of tuna in your life or seafood? Or have much mercury exposure? That's what I'll be testing for soon. Just giving you other ideas to go with testing.. doesn't hurt to test anything that can effect adrenals and cause these same symptoms.

    Last edited by chrisS81; 01-18-2007 at 03:33 PM.

     
    Old 01-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #38
    AlwaysTired247
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    AlwaysTired247's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2006
    Posts: 226
    AlwaysTired247 HB User
    Re: Desperate words of a desperate man

    Chris,

    Wow... we're very similar then. I too have a pulse in that range, and my BP as I already said is usually right around 120/70.

    I was eating a can a day for a while..... probably 3-4 months. It was Chunk light however, and not albacore. Albacore contains sometimes twice the amount of mercury as the chunk light. They say some people would need to eat over 4 cans of the chunk light to have a high level of mercury poisoning. I do agree that it needs to be addressed. I'm not how to really test for it though.

    When I was in my "bodybuilding" phase, I was eating 6 meals a day, and 1 can of tuna was one of my sources of protein. What kind of tuna/fish are you eating?

    I did also notice that when I had my alergy testing done almost a year ago, all of my IgG tests were very low. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm going to bring it up to my new PCP.

    Yeah, I think most Endo take a while to get in with (from what I see). I guess everyone has some type of Endo problem... who knows. I would be interested to see what would happen if they try me on some time of replacement for testosterone....?

    Keep me informed on how things go. I too like you, cannot wait to feel great again, and get back in the gym full force (God I miss the sound of iron smacking together....)
    __________________

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    Last edited by AlwaysTired247; 01-18-2007 at 07:18 PM.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    In desperate need of help. Just stopped my diet. asjdwf021 Weight Loss 8 06-21-2010 07:01 PM
    Can't raise arms above my head, Desperate sammyo1 Chronic Pain 4 09-07-2008 03:32 PM
    I am desperate for advice/insight!!!!!!!!! desperate1 Fibromyalgia 29 09-05-2007 08:03 AM
    i am very desperate does anyone know where i can get daugher help MYSISSYGIRLS Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics 28 06-11-2006 02:19 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:03 PM.





    © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!