It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• depersonalization/derealization

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2007, 07:33 PM   #46
    tony_m
    (male)

tony_m HB User
    Question Re: depersonalization/derealization

I have read all the post on this thread and noticed every one talks mainly about treating dp/dr with meds and alsothe lindel program.I have suffered from dp/dr for about 7 years(also have GAD, socaial anxiety, and possably ADD), then started taking xanax and it helped tremendusly for a couple of months. I had to keep uping my dosage and now taking 6mg a day. For me the xanax alone was not enough for me to live a productive life, I was still having all my symptoms, just not as bad. About 2 months ago I started taking adderall and have found this combination the best after trying ssri's and other meds for 6 years. Still not wear I want to be in my treatment. I was wondering if I'm Going to have to take meds for the rest of my life, or is there anyone who has overcame this with any kind of program and-or therapy, without meds.

Have ben considering a private mental health instatution with out meds.and dont know where to go with my treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2007, 12:27 AM   #47
    tweeny456
    (female)

tweeny456 HB User
    Re: depersonalization/derealization

Hi everyone , i feel in a dream for 15 months mine never goes away its there 24/7 , and nobodys really putting a name to what it is , i dont feel like myself anymore , and cant do alot in a day but cry, dont feel like ive lived for 16 months its just a dream no matter what i do it never goes away , and im not sure if mine is depersonalization, because mines 24/7 and no bodys telling me that.and mine came on when i started seroxat again , im not getting no answers doctors tell me ive got to live like this , but i cant.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:22 AM   #48
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User

I have it 24/7 and mine is derealization. You need to start focusing your thoughts on something else. It is really hard but you must try. You may want to think about getting on another medication to get you over the hump. Have you tried some sort of meditation? It is wonderful.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:07 AM   #49
    tweeny456
    (female)

tweeny456 HB User

HI ,J2006 , THANKS for your reply i still cant get it in my head it is this because , when ive asked doctors and psychiatrist, they said they not sure and the last psychiatrist said it was not that, so i said i want to know what it is then , he said was not sure until he checks my blood , but still waiting for my form to come for blood test so i can go up for go to hospital to have them checked , i cant sto thinking about it its driving me crazy i dont know who i am anymorelike ive lost my identity , i feel totally exhausted with it and i feel my baby doesn,t know the real me, i cry everyday and feel like im going to have this thing for life or im dying . have you seen that book on here imgoing to buy that about that man who had depersonalizationon here got a book about it and how he got better. thanks for your reply it gives me hope that oneday we all can be well and happy if we all fight it together , thanks.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:36 PM   #50
    antonedbone
    (male)

antonedbone HB User

Hi tweeny. I have read MANY of your posts on this forum. I have read of lots of advice people have given you. Have you been following any of this advice? Have you heard anything more from that College?
    I have noticed that almost all of your posts say the same thing. You mention that you feel like you are struggling to be a good parent. You say you are in a dream state 24/7. You say nothing is working. You say you are losing hope. etc. etc.
    How can you get any better if all you do is behave so negatively? I don't want to sound harsh, but if you keep telling US all these negative things over and over, I can only imagine what you are telling YOURSELF.
    Do you have a TV? You mentioned in 1 of your posts that all you do is stare out the window and watch the people walk by and wish you had a normal life like they have. You need to get your mind retrained. When you think negatively and talk negatively, all you do is feed the negativity. Do you pray? Please tweeny, try getting your mind on the right track. Stop thinking about it. If all you do is sit around thinking about how aweful you feel, how is it going to stop? If all I did was look at pictures of flowers all day, all I would be able to think about was flowers. You have to feed your brain with other thoughts. You can watch TV, you can listen to talk radio, you can play video games, you can draw pictures, you can read stories on the internet about just about any subject. What kind of things are you interested in? Maybe you have been suffering with this so long that you don't even know the answer to that question! I guarantee u this: the feelings that you feel are NOT going to just go away. You have to make them go away. You have spent so long training your brain to operate in this negative way. You have to start RIGHT NOW to retrain it. If you have questions please reply to this. Please do not reply to this with your negative statements because that is the mistake you have been making all along. I want to help you and others like you. I am suffering myself and I KNOW that we can all help each other. But negative thoughts and negative statements are not going to help you or anyone else. Please reply tweeny....but not with negative statements, I want to hear some possitive from you! Go for it!

Old 01-31-2007, 05:37 AM   #51
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User

Tweeny...I feel the same way as you. I have hit rock bottom and pretty much cry everyday. I have to force myself out of the house and it's not easy. I take meds but can't seem to find the right combo. Do yout ake any meds?
    I do watch tv more then I used to and hate it, but sometimes it just keeps me from going stir crazy. I wish there was a magic pill we can all take.
    Just know I feel the same way, I have 2 kids and feel so bad that I feel so emotionless around them. I can never get happy.
    We have to fight it, I don't know how , but we do!

Closed Thread