It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• What is the BEST moisturizer?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
    Danielle05
    (female)

Danielle05 HB User
    Unhappy What is the BEST moisturizer?

All day I'll put on Olay's sensitive moisturizer, then at night, I always put on the firming cream to try to reduce some of the wrinkles I have under my eyes.
    Well, every morning when I wake up, my face is so stiff feeling and try, does anybody have any recommendations on a moisturizer that doesn't break the skin out and you'd swear by it because it actually works? any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2007, 02:08 PM   #2
    lovepinkkx17
    (female)

lovepinkkx17 HB User
    Re: What is the BEST moisturizer?

i use NeutrogenaŽ Oil-Free Moisture for Comination Skin. it does actually moisturize, and you can deffinently see a big difference if you put a lot on the next day. its gentle, theres no side affects, it does what its supposed to do, and it doesnt make you break out at all. But depending on what kind of skin you have, you can either buy NeutrogenaŽ Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin, or NeutrogenaŽ Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin.
    good luck!

Old 02-12-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
    Alagaesia
    Veteran
    (female)

Alagaesia HB User

Lotions and moisturizers from health stores are really good. I use nature's gate lotion, the oatmeal kind. It works really well. From time to time I also use a moisturizer by a brand called derma e. I use the vitamin e version. That works well too but it has a kind of fruity perfume smell so I don't use it that often.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:51 AM   #4
    ICC
    Inactive
    (female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

I use emu oil and alot of their products.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:49 AM   #5
    saphire82
    Veteran
    (female)

saphire82 HB User

I have skin prone to breakouts, and so far Ive had no problems with complex 15 and cetaphil. I use the complex 15 during the summer months when the air is more humid, then in winter now Im currently using cetaphil because I realized the complex 15 didnt moisturize my skin enough due to the below zero temps out so basically no humidity in the air. I dont use the cetaphil in the warm months because I think it just made my skin too oily the one time I tried it. But basically they both are fragrance free and non-comodegenic and I think hypoallergenic, AND recommended by derms. They do not however have any antiwrinkle properties besides just keeping your skin moisturized, but they are great for acne prone skin.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #6
    blackvera
    (female)

blackvera HB User

Try Decleor Rose D'orient Baume Nuit and Rose D'orient Oil Concentrate. Use only at night cause you will look like you have butter on face(shiny). But when you wake up you will have smooth,moisturized,rested skin. This line is for very sensitive and dry skin wit redness but Decleor have similiar creams and oils for other types of skin ie oily, dry, mature etc.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #7
    kathryn+2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

I SWEAR by Patricia Wexler products. You can find them at Bath & Body Works or maybe online. Patricia Wexler is a dermatogolgist. I use the night cream and the daytime moisturizer. I'm 55, and my skin just seems to be getting better and better.

Closed Thread