It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Frozen Embryo Transfer!!!!!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-22-2007, 02:29 PM   #16
    ASPROUSEY05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User
    Re: Frozen Embryo Transfer!!!!!!!!

wow sunflower that is great news!! it is a little early but the embryos were blasts right, so if they were put back last frday today would be 11dpo, right?? thats not too early.. ive heard as early as 8dpo you can get a positive.. im too scared to take one.. lol.. too many let downs before, and golds i understand the feeling of wanting to give up because i too had failed fresh, but im hopng this frozen is the one.. i still am in shock sunflower, but ectatic for you. and you only put back 1!!!!!!!!!! i hope your numebrs are super high on monday!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #17
    cmarie313
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmarie313 HB User

OMG!!!! How exciting!!!! I am definitely getting the "itch" to test My girlfriend got a BFP 7 days after her transfer so I think I will start testing then too ( which is Saturday). My beta is on Thursday!!! Can't wait to hear your beta results! Congrats girl
    cmarie
    *Olivia Grace born 10/23/07...our little miracle!

Old 03-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #18
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User

Congrats Sunflower that is such amazing news.I hope all is well on Monday and wishing u a happy healthy 9 months.Cmarie good luck keep us posted.I will be praying for u all.

Mapia

Old 03-22-2007, 04:26 PM   #19
    lahc1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lahc1 HB User

April, Congratulations!!!! I'm praying you have HUGE numbers on Monday. I'm so happy for you! Have a blissful 9 months

Lori

Old 03-23-2007, 09:10 PM   #20
    sunflower74554
    (female)

sunflower74554 HB User

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all the support, I just cant believe it. We did only transfer one,I was sceptical about only transferring one, but I was scared that I would have twins again. I had some complications with my twin pregnancy,one of the placentas was over my cervix,I was continueously bleeding and was put on bed rest at 5 months and I ended up having them 10 weeks early.They were so tiny and stayed in the hospital for 6 weeks. I know the chances of that happening again is slim. But I feel alot more at ease just having one this time. I thank God every day that the little embryo emplanted. And yes the embryo was a day 5 blastocysts,but the transfer was done on last Friday the embryo shouldnt of emplanted until late that evening or the next day and HCG would not be sucreted until it started implanting no matter what day ovulation would of been. My cycle was different.

Well thank you girls for all your support,I pray all you girl get your BFP too!!! I will let you know how my beta goes.Asprousey and I cant remember the other girls name that was waiting let me know how your betas go....

I will be praying for you. April

Old 03-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #21
    Golds
    Veteran
    (female)

Golds HB User

Good luck April for your Beta on Monday !
    I am so excited as if its my Beta - I am feeling butterflies in my tummy.
    Hows CMarie's bubbies doing?
    Sending Baby Dust & lots of luck !
    Golds

Old 03-24-2007, 08:18 PM   #22
    dianeg1028
    (female)

dianeg1028 HB User

april congrats havent been on in awhile but im happy for you.diane

Old 03-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #23
    sunflower74554
    (female)

sunflower74554 HB User

Hi Ladies,

I am definitely feeling the side effect of pregnancy. Yesterday I was so light headed on and off with a little headache all day and a little bit light headed today. I cant stop yawning.LOL! And just this evening I feel a lot more pressure on my bladder. I feel like I have to go every 15 to 30 minutes. Lets see how many times I get up tonight,oh gee. I also cannot sleep at night without a comfortable cotton bra on. There aint nothing like those covers dragging accross your n*****s ouch! Cant wait tell monday,I wish they were doing an ultrasound too. I would like see how it looks.

Well thanks again for all the support.I will be praying for all!

April

Old 03-25-2007, 09:53 AM   #24
    Viktorria
    Inactive
    (female)

Viktorria HB User

Hi April,

I'm new to this message board, but your post gave me some hope. I have a son from a fresh IVF/ICSI cycle in 2002 and in January started using my frozen embryos. We transferred 2 unsuccessfully, and are scheduled to transfer our remaining embryos (up to 3, depending on how many are viable) on 4/13.

I saw that you had twins from a fresh cycle in 2002 also - are your frozen embryos from that cycle? I've been really concerned that this might be pointless b/c of how much time has passed. My doctor says that there is no proven "shelf life" (what a horrible term for a baby!) but that the younger the embryos, the more chance of success. Hoping everything will work out ok this time around, b/c my son also really wants a sister and it's awful to think that he might not get a sibling.

Good luck to you!

Old 03-25-2007, 08:22 PM   #25
    sunflower74554
    (female)

sunflower74554 HB User

Hi Vi ctoria,

The embryo they transferred was from my IVF cycle in 2002. I had 4 embryos left over from then. They were all day 5 blastocysts. Their grade 4 being the highest was two 4's,a 3 and a 2.5. In 2002 we transferred two 4's. This time we decided we only wanted to have one so I asked my doctor if we could thaw one at a time,if there was anything wrong with the first then they would continue to thaw the next and so on if there was any problems. The first embryo they thawed was in excellent condition after almost 5 years. I was really suprised. I did some research before we decided to go through with this and I found some information that would give you some hope. I read about an some embryos that were froze for 10 years and was successful. It was really encouraging. I think the major factors in a successful FET is the age you were when your eggs were harvested, the stage the embryos were froze at,the quality of the embryos,how successful your fresh cycle was and if the lining is just right before the transfer. I know its a lot to think about and believe me I have contemplated everything but It sounds like you do have a good chance if you did have a succesful pregnancy with your fresh cycle. What day was your embryos froze on and do you know the grades. Well god bless, and I hope it all works for you. I know it is so frustrating. Hang in there. Sorry if i was babbleing I tend to do that. LOL!

April

Old 03-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #26
    Viktorria
    Inactive
    (female)

Viktorria HB User

Thanks for your comments, I feel better. I was very young (24) with my first IVF, but I'm not sure what the egg quality was. I'll have to ask my RE. They were frozen as 5 day blasts. When I had the FET in January, my RE commented that they didn't look as "full" as he'd like, but that they did start multiplying right out of the gate, so he wanted to use them. Hopefully the next 3 are "fuller".

Did you have your test today?

Old 03-28-2007, 06:07 AM   #27
    cmarie313
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmarie313 HB User

Hi April!

I was just checking in to see how your beta went on Monday! I hope your numbers were nice and high Please post when you get a chance, we're thinking about you!
    cmarie

Old 03-28-2007, 07:48 AM   #28
    Golds
    Veteran
    (female)

Golds HB User

Hi there !
    I was wondering too that why everyone has been so quiet. Hope all are doing good.

April - sweety, hope you are fine and healthy.
    Aimee / CMarie - good luck ladies for your Beta this week, praying for BFPs and sending baby dust
    Lori / Mapia - how are you both doing ? I guess you both have time for your Beta.
    Carisa - how did your retrieval go Hun ? How many eggs and how many are you planning to transfer ? Hope you are okay and not having any hyperstimulation symptoms. Keep drinking Gatorade and stay away from water.

Sorry, if I missed anyone.
    Have been thinking of you all and just can't keep my hands off the Board.
    Lots of luck and wishes
    Golds

Last edited by Golds; 03-28-2007 at 11:29 AM.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #29
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User

Hi Golds thanks for thinking of me I am fine still early in my 2ww.How are u doing heard u are going to accupuncture.That is great.Let me know how that goes.

Viktorria welcome I see u are from MD as well wow we are getting a few women from MD on the boards.I live in the College Park area and I have been going to Shady Grove fertility clinic in Columbia and Rockville.I really pray ur embies will stick.When is ur transfer?

Mapia

Old 03-28-2007, 02:06 PM   #30
    cmarie313
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cmarie313 HB User

Hi Golds!

Thanks so much for thinking about me! Aimee and I have our betas tomorrow!!!! I have never been so nervous in all my life!

How are you doing? How long have you been doing accupuncture? I have been going since we started the lupron. I did a session right before the transfer and right after it. I really hope it helped! I'd love to hear how you are doing with your cycle.

cmarie

Closed Thread