It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Clomid - Reaction different each month??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
    MonkeeD
    (female)

MonkeeD HB User
    Clomid - Reaction different each month??

Hi ladies- I really need some advice/info about Clomid. Last month was my first time on Clomid (50g). I had spent a year dealing with a pituitary tumor that caused infertility...and then diagnosed with PCOS, so did the Metformin thing. Anyway - last month was the first time I was ready for Clomid. And it went really well. I took 50g on CD5-9, and by CD17, I was ready to trigger with a 26mm follie! We did timed BD, and got a BFN.

This month, I did Clomid 50g again on CD5-9. I went in for u/s and b/w yesterday to check progress (it was CD15). And there were a bunch of follies...but they were sooo small. And my estrodial level was only 44. I am so confused/bummed! How can my body react so differently this month?

I know I must sound naive. But I am new to this Clomid thing. And I guess I thought that after last month's experience....I just had to wait it out until the sperm found the egg! I didn't realize I might have to go back to the drawing board on the Clomid actually helping me to O.

Have any of you had this issue?? Do you think there is still hope for my follies this month to grow? Or is it a wasted month??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2007, 06:19 PM   #2
    lovelygal
    (female)

lovelygal HB User
    Re: Clomid - Reaction different each month??

Hi Monkee,
    I read your post and was laughing my *** out. you are definitely not alone on this, am also a victim. Last month was my first cycle on clomid, at cd 13, I already had 3 matured follies and 1 small one. I triggered and had a timed IUI on cd day 16 followed by a BFN. I started another cycle this month with with same clomid 50mg. On cd 14, I went in for u/s and had 10 bunch of follies all soooooo small to be even called follies. I have another u/s tommorow morning to know if there is still changes of me getting to O this month. My dr said if nothing happens then this month is wasted, we have to wait for af to show and then start another cycle. I don't mean to sound negative to you but just to let you know that yes each month with clomid is a different story depending on your body. My dr did say that there is still chances of me getting to O this month but it only depends on the u/s tommorow. So my dear do not give up hope so fast, hang there and wait for the big O to still show. Goodluck.

Lovely.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #3
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User
    Re: Clomid - Reaction different each month??

Hi girls just wanted to jump in and tell u guys its normal to react differently each month to the meds.I with no IF problems Dh is sterile we are using donor sperm have also reacted differently to clomid first month I did 50 mg had 3 mature follies then the 2nd month had only 1 mature follie 4 altogether but only 1 was big enough.So now this 3rd month I told my RE I was not happy with last months results cause I can give u 1 follicle without meds.So he put me on clomid along with bravelle this month.The bravelle helps the follies mature I was happy with the results I had 4 follies mature for IUI.So dont get so down on urselves even women who dont have IF issues react different.

BTW my 1 st month on clomid I did have a chemical pregnancy.So keep the faith maybe u can ask ur RE about the bravelle I mentioned.Good luck and keep us posted and remember heads up high.As for the co workers I hear u I know its hard I work with men thank god but the girl who works the morning shift has 5 kids 4 boys and 1 girl.Today when I came in and we talked briefly before she left she said to me I want to have another daughter I only have 1.I looked at her and said be thankful for ur kids and dont think that way cause u might get another boy.She also has no DH I think all her kids have different fathers.Crazy I wanted to kick her in the head no joke.She said I am thankful but I want another daughter.Sheesh some people.So just try to share in their happiness I know its hard but I try to stay positive and not get hurt every time I see a pregnant women or a women with a baby.I always try to look at the baby and smile.I know everyone is different and what u are feeling is human.

Mapia

Closed Thread