It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

• Newbie needs info on Cellcept please.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-20-2007, 05:38 AM   #1
    Dj1Chickee
    (female)

Dj1Chickee HB User
    Newbie needs info on Cellcept please.

Hello ..I am Chickee and I am new to this board so please be patient as I stumble around and try to figure out how to properly post and reply, etc. This looks like a great lupus message board and I hope to make some friends here and also contribute whatever I possibly can.

I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia. I am really struggling right now with my Lupus. My kidneys are inflammed and I have swelling and inflammation going from my feet up into the ankles and traveling up into my calves. These past recent months I have been very sick and I just seem to keep getting worse. Over the years I have been through a myriad of drugs with no real success.

My doctor is trying me on Cellcept and I am a bit anxious about this drug for some reason. I have just now started it so I have only been on it for a few days now. The doctor has started me at 1000 mg a day.

If any of you are on Cellcept or have taken it in the past, will you please post and share your experience with me. What I would like to know is what dosage you were on and how long did you take Cellcept. Also...did you have side effects or bad reactions? Did it help your lupus? Would you recommend it to someone else? Anything you can tell me will be appreciated.

Thanks so much! Love to All Lupies!
    Chickee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
    marie59
    (female)

marie59 HB User
    Re: Newbie needs info on Cellcept please.

hi i have lupus and fibro also ive been taking cellcept for over a yr now.i has helped to get my lupus under control.i didnt have any side effects.i take 1250mg a day.dont know how long i will be on it.sorry to here your not feeling well.hopefully the cellcept will work as well as it has for me.g ood luck and dont worry.hugs to you.....marie

Old 04-21-2007, 02:35 AM   #3
    Dj1Chickee
    (female)

Dj1Chickee HB User

Hi Marie! Thank you very much for your reply to my post regarding Cellcept. I really appreciate it because I really need any encouraging news about Cellcept that I can get, and you saying it helped you get your Lupus under control and with no side effects is really wonderful to hear! It certainly gives me some hope when I was beginning to lose hope I could get better. I have been in constant pain for so long now and it is hard sometimes to hold on when the pain is relentless and always present. So thank you very much for taking time to reply and for being so nice as to care. Marie..you are a Lupie ! Hugs right back atcha!

I would also like to know if Cellcept has caused anybody to come up with any infections or illnesses that were easily caught because Cellcept lowers the immune system so much. And if it did result in an infection, how did you fight off the infection?

Does anybody else on this board have any comments about Cellcept?

Love to All Lupies,
    Chickee

Old 04-21-2007, 08:15 AM   #4
    jjgriffith
    (female)

jjgriffith HB User

my son age 50 has just received the news that he has lupus discoid and will have to take Plaquenil a biopsy was done this past Wednesday and will know the type for sure in 2 weeks. Would like to hear from other people

June Griffith

Closed Thread