It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Just had Farsighted LASIK

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-02-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
    grog50
    (male)

grog50 HB User
    Cool Just had Farsighted LASIK

I just had Hyperopic or farsighted LASIK last Friday. My pre-LASIK RX was OD +5.25 - 1.25 X 031; OS +5.25 - 1.75 X 145 (Bifocals +2.00). I have worn glasses since I was 7 yrs old. With-out my glasses everything was just a blur. The Dr. used the Alcon LADAR system. My treatment was standard and not custom due to my RX being outside the FDA approved range for custom treatment.
    Once it was over they led me out to the examining room where I waited about 10 minutes for the Dr. The first thing I noticed after a few minutes was that I could see and read the "ALCON" logo on the side of one of the pieces of equipment about 3 feet away. It was a little hazy but clear other than that (it would have been a blur before). The Dr. came in, checked my eyes again with a bright light and gave me my marching orders of what to and not to do for the weekend until I go back in on Monday for my first post-LASIK follow-up exam.
    I've been using all the various drops as directed and the Systaine lubricants about every two hours. My eyes haven't felt abnormally dry but from everything I've read, the more the better on the eye lubricant drops. I can see extremely clear from about a foot to about 10 feet. My distance past that is a little fuzzy to blurry the further you get. I can drive with no problems. Large objects like vehicles, motorcycles are still pretty clear, just not their liscense plates. My night driving is ok too. The headlights have a little glare but then they did with my glasses too. No halos or starbursts yet. I know I have possibly 6 months or longer of healing where my eyes will fluctuate to some degree. So I know it is too soon to say I'm totally satisfied but the beginning is quite amazing to me. If I had to guess where I'm at right now, I'd say 20/40 with just a slight bit of astigmatism left. I'll post again after my check up on Monday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
    grog50
    (male)

grog50 HB User
    Cool Re: Just had Farsighted LASIK

I had my first check up two days ago. The doctor explained that my great close vision will slightly subside and that my distant vision will improve in the near future. I am 50 yrs old and was pretty much fully presbiopic. I have worn bi-focals since I was 32.
    My current Snellen chart vision is blurry 20/20 in the right eye and a blurry 20/30 in the left eye. They have said my astigmatism is aproximately nill. I have no night time driving problem, low light problems, or excessive light sensitivity. The sun does seem a little brighter with out sun glasses though. I'm still using the antibiotic and steroid drops 4 times a day till both run out. I use systaine drops every 2 hours whether I feel dry or not and most of the time they don't.
    There are study results that showed a higher regression for hyperopic patients and it was more pronounced in those with higher prescriptions. I will think positive but understand the possibilities.
    I also know I probably will have fluctuations and changes in my eye sight for the next several months, possibly longer. So with that in mind my "GREAT" description is a little reserved. But it sure is nice to be able to see my tooth brush in the morning when I put tooth paste on it instead of just feeling it and groping around.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
    grog50
    (male)

grog50 HB User
    Re: Just had Farsighted LASIK

Had my one week check-up last Monday. Everything going good so far. Regression minimal at this point. 20/20 right eye and about 20/25 left. I only have problem reading really fine print. Distance vision getting clearer. I am having some dry eye problems. I'm using systaine about every 1.5 to 2 hours. My next check up is in 4 months.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:03 AM   #4
    grog50
    (male)

grog50 HB User
    Cool Re: Just had Farsighted LASIK

It has been a month now. Everything is about the same. I'm still at 20/20 in my right and 20/30 in my left. I need 1.00 reading glasses for small print. My mid-vision is still pretty good and my distant vision is a little better than it was at my last posting. My next appointment is in about 3 months. I still use the regular eye drops about 4 times a day and when I go to bed. My left eye has a constant, very light feeling of my eye lashes dragging across my eye when I blink no matter how much of the eye drops I use. I will get with my doctor to check on that. My right does not have that feeling. My eyes definitely feel tired by the end of the day but I think that may be do to the slightly different Rx in the two eyes. Over all I'm still extremely pleased with the results so far. I still occasionally reach for my glasses when I get up from bed or when I get ready to use the eye drops. 43 years of habit is hard to break.

Closed Thread