It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• knee pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-03-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
    lourash
    Inactive
    (female)

lourash HB User
    knee pain

I posted once about my knee hurting when I straightened out my leg. But now it is hurting all the time even when I keep it straight. It still hurts the most when I kneel or squat or bend my leg. It didn't swell and isn't red. It keeps making a squeeking sound when I bend it and the knee cap seems a little looser than my other one. I had been having hip pain on the same side to the doc xrayed my hip about 3 weeks ago and didn't bother to xray my knee. he blamed the knee pain on the hip , but the hip dosen't hurt all the time and they don't hurt at the same time. i finally got an appointment to see the orthopedic doctor but that isn't for a month meantime its hurting to walk on it. any ideas of what else to do or try or if your hip can make your knee hurt like crazy?? I have tried heat packs and they put me on 15mg of mobic per day and it did nopt help at all. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
    stick2013
    Inactive
    (female)

stick2013 HB User
    Re: knee pain

Hi,

Welcome to the world of knee pain. It's not a good place to be. I too have it, but mine is in both knees. I have arthritis, and the last Dr told me that my right knee is wearing down to the bone...OH JOY!!!

I am a little surprised that the Mobic hasn't helped you. It helps me somewhat. I don't take it everyday. Only when the pain is about to drive me over the edge.

Have you tried Glucosamine with MSM????? I have been on it for a yr. Took about 4 months before some of the pain subsided.

I have heard also that if your hip and knee aren't lined up perfectly that it can cause uneven pressure on your knee and ankle. So it might be the hip that is causing the knee pain... Who knows. Try sleeping with a pillow under your knee it will help.....

Sid

Old 05-04-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
    lourash
    Inactive
    (female)

lourash HB User

i got an appointment due to someone cancelling and saw the ortho doc yesterday. He did not xray my knee and said its probably from overuse , I don't see how I don't work outside the home and only power walk. He told me to rest the knee and see if it gets better if not I wil have an xray. He said my hip is bursitis but hasn't read the xrays yet. When he pushed on the side on my right hip ouch did that hurt. He said I need a cortisone shot , but I heard they hurt and son't always work. Has anyone out there tried with success a cortisone shot and how painful are they??? thanks

Old 05-05-2007, 01:57 AM   #4
    stick2013
    Inactive
    (female)

stick2013 HB User

Hi lourash,

Well glad to hear that it's nothing serious... As to the cortisone injections. I have had several. Many years ago in one of my knees, and a couple of years ago in my foot. Yes they do hurt. But they also help, at least mine did. I guess everyone is different so who knows.

Good luck

Sid

Closed Thread