It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• started the prometrium pills last night

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-25-2007, 08:43 AM   #1
    susan7522
    Inactive
    (female)

susan7522 HB User
    started the prometrium pills last night

So I got the call from the nurse yesterday saying I can go from 2 to 1 with my shots of progesterone and I am thrilled about that! Well I was told to start that last night and also take 2 pills of the prometrium at night and 2 in the morning. Last night I didnt really notice anything but this morning I took them at 8:30 and by 9:30 I felt like I had taken demerol! I remember last time be having to have a nap time but whew I am double tired this time! ANyone else taking them and feeling like this too? I have 3 kids at home, I work full time, go to school part time and I am a moderator for a yahoo pregnancy group which I have been doing for 2 years now so I am not ready to give that up yet. WOW!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
    Amy 333
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Amy 333 HB User
    Re: started the prometrium pills last night

Wow apart from being soooooo altruistic you are a busy lady. Sorry don t know much about prometrium etc. Though do try to take it easy.
    When s your next appt due? Praying for your little ones...

AMy

Old 04-25-2007, 10:15 AM   #3
    deluka96
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

deluka96 HB User

Susan,

It sounds like you are busy girl!! I too have not taken PIO shots just the pills. I hope you can catch up on some rest soon!!

kathy

Old 04-25-2007, 10:41 AM   #4
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User

Wow Susan talk about a busy bee girl.I take my hat off to u you must be such a great women.I take prometrium vaginally RE says there are less side effects that way.I take it 2 times a day and started it today.Good luck and maybe u can ask RE about taking it vaginally.

Mapia

Old 04-25-2007, 11:05 AM   #5
    JAM82
    Veteran
    (female)

JAM82 HB User

Susan,

really wish i could help however you all might as well be talking in a foreign language but whatever it is i hope you get it sorted outand fast.
    x

Last edited by JAM82; 04-25-2007 at 11:05 AM.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
    susan7522
    Inactive
    (female)

susan7522 HB User

Ohhh I am not that busy~! LOL You ladies are funny. I do my school work online and do homework when I have down time at work which is just about the whole day. I work in a tanning salon and wait on 20 people during my shift. I also check my email alot for the group on my down time at work. Then when I am home I am with my family, so see not that busy.

I have a question about the vaginal med. Do you do them every night? I would hate that but thats just me. I am hoping to get used to these pills soon. My RE's RN said that this summer they are coming out with suppositries but I have heard of them from a few years ago.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:19 PM   #7
    deluka96
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

deluka96 HB User

Yup Susan we do have to do it every night. Not fun especially the next day when it starts spewing out. YUCK! But next time I think I am getting the shots but I hurt more than any of the other injectibles so I am not looking forward to that!!

Last edited by deluka96; 04-25-2007 at 05:20 PM.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #8
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User

Susan I take them vaginally like I mentioned but I have to do it 2 times a day.I dont have many side effects except for bloating but dont all the meds do that.Its the same pill that is taken orally the little yellow pill.It is a little yucky like Deluka said but when I see the discharge I am so glad I dont have to take that orally.Well good luck and let us know.

Oh can u hook us up with some tanning cause I am white as a ghost.lol.

Mapia

Old 04-29-2007, 05:44 AM   #9
    jennaf
    (female)

jennaf HB User

I am TTC, and just started Prometrium (the pills) yesterday morning. I take them morning and night. I haven't experienced any real side effects. My stomach has started hurting though, I don't know if that is because of the pills or not but it is real uncomfortable. I remember having a crampy feeling with other pregnancies (ended in M/C's), but I dont' think that this is that. ?

Are you TTC or pregnant?

Old 04-29-2007, 03:01 PM   #10
    susan7522
    Inactive
    (female)

susan7522 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jennaf View Post
    I am TTC, and just started Prometrium (the pills) yesterday morning. I take them morning and night. I haven't experienced any real side effects. My stomach has started hurting though, I don't know if that is because of the pills or not but it is real uncomfortable. I remember having a crampy feeling with other pregnancies (ended in M/C's), but I dont' think that this is that. ?

Are you TTC or pregnant?
    Hi there, I am 7 weeks pregnant today. You havent gotten tired yet? I take the 2 pills in the morning and then 2 at night along with my progestrone shot at night and within 30 min of taking the pills I am sleepy as ever. Yesterday I let myself sleep all day. Today is a chore to stay awake.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:43 AM   #11
    jennaf
    (female)

jennaf HB User

OMG! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I thought I was a narcoleptic or something! I sleep ALL day long! I don't get up until 10:30, only to make breakfast for my son (step son) and then I go back to bed! Then I wake up to make him lunch, then stay up for a couple of hours, then usually fall asleep on the couch while he is playing. Today is my first day back to work since on the meds, and I cannot stay awake!!! I came in at 6 this moring and stay til 6 tonight! I'm never gonna make it!
    Question though- yesterday I started getting like a crampy or pressure feeling. Is that normal? I know that I feel that when you get pregnant, but we would have only conceived last weekend. And I think that is too early. Does the prometrium make you feel that?

Thanks for your reply's!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 04:18 PM   #12
    susan7522
    Inactive
    (female)

susan7522 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jennaf View Post
    OMG! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I thought I was a narcoleptic or something! I sleep ALL day long! I don't get up until 10:30, only to make breakfast for my son (step son) and then I go back to bed! Then I wake up to make him lunch, then stay up for a couple of hours, then usually fall asleep on the couch while he is playing. Today is my first day back to work since on the meds, and I cannot stay awake!!! I came in at 6 this moring and stay til 6 tonight! I'm never gonna make it!
    Question though- yesterday I started getting like a crampy or pressure feeling. Is that normal? I know that I feel that when you get pregnant, but we would have only conceived last weekend. And I think that is too early. Does the prometrium make you feel that?

Thanks for your reply's!!!
    I have had cramps with all of my pregnancies. There would be times when I thought I was getting my period because I cramped so bad. I have also heard too that the prometrium can make you cramp. Hope this helps! I slept pretty much all day too today!

Last edited by susan7522; 05-03-2007 at 04:18 PM.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:43 AM   #13
    jennaf
    (female)

jennaf HB User

yeah, I've had cramps/uncomfortable feeling for three days now, and everyday it seems to get a little more noticable. I work with a doctor so I asked him yesterday if this was normal (and the fatigue), he AND the doctor that prescribed it to me said that the fatigue is not a side affect.?? I don't know. But I don't about these cramps either. I wouldn't feel 'pregnancy cramps' this early. It would only be one week since I would have conceived.

Thoughts?

Old 05-11-2007, 06:00 AM   #14
    jennaf
    (female)

jennaf HB User

So it has been almost 3 weeks now since I've been on the Prometrium and I'm still feeling tired and dull pelvic pain, and don't know what the deal is! I talked to my doc last night about it and she says to come in on tuesday to get a pregnancy test. I hope I actually NEED to because I'm missed my period though!!!!

*keeping my fingers crossed*

Old 05-11-2007, 06:28 AM   #15
    TryN2BMommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Jenn, I will keep my fingers crossed for you too! Good luck!! So sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling your best though. I hope it is because you're preggo.

Holly

Closed Thread