It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Tummy Tuck

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #46
    marie72
    (female)

marie72 HB User
    Re: Tummy Tuck

Hi River525,
    It's been 8 days since my surgery and I feel great. I'm up and about, doing laundry, going to my sons baseball games, even went shopping for bras at Chico's Soma. Tummy's still swollen and sutures still covered with tape, but I have no problem moving at all, only coughing and sneezing hurts my upper abdomen. The breast already feel like they're mine. I didn't go big at all, my surgeon just added 275cc and 285cc to even out my breast, so I look the same as if I have my Victoria's Secret 34c bra on, but at least they're up and not hanging down to my belly button (I'm exaggrating a lil' bit)! I'm happy with the size, she was going to go bigger, but I said when you try the sizer out I want to look natural, at 5'4 and 115 lbs, I don't need a huge bust, I would look short and fat on top,lol! I like lean and curvy!!! So far so good, doing all the massage exercises to avoid the capsular thing from happening. I went with the saline, I weighed the cc's on my scale today and it only added one pound to each breast, so not too heavy. Thank you for all your support and concern! Still don't know if I have a job yet when I get back!! Hopefully things will settle at work, I've been there 12 years and like everyone but the boss's girlfriend, no one likes her, but she is soooo jealous of me for no reason at all because I had 12 years where something could of happened and it never has, mixing work and relationships just don't work if thing go sour. Hope you write back when you can!!! Ciao Baby!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #47
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

You lucky dog....sounds like you are a having a great recovery. Maybe mine was tougher b/c I had a complete hysterectomy too? who knows but I'm glad you're up and about.

I love Chico's Sonoma!! That is where I picked up some of my first bras too! In fact I wear one the one without underwire every single night to sleep in.

I guess I never realized (or I forgot) but you and I are the same exact size height, weight, and bra size....no wonder we get along so well, maybe we are long lost sisters, . I had the same size implants as you too!! Don't you feel like you have a more defined waist now and/or feel taller? After my breasts were lifted and off my stomach I was amazed at how just that made me look thinner - gotta love that!!

Keep me posted and I'm so glad to hear all is going so well and that you are happy with the results - just imagine how you'll look when all the swelling is gone - watch out world take care and don't forget to keep me posted

Old 05-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #48
    marie72
    (female)

marie72 HB User

Hi River525,

My long lost sister. I really hope the breasts don't shrink too much more, they're perfect right now. Can you tell me which bra you have from Soma, the sales rep recommended the sports bra which is very comfortable, but it's not good with a low cut shirt, which one do you have that you love so much?
    And, your right the hysterectomy must have been a tough one to recover from.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #49
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

oops Soma - guess I'm wishing I was in Sonoma, lol.......anyway the bra I bought is one I don't wear "out" I just wear it to sleep in. It is the travelers agnes - the weekend bra - no underwire. I also sleep sometimes in a Spanx top.

The bra I wear all the time (except when I work out) is Victoria Secret's IPEX without underwire. I am not a huge fan of sports bras, never have been. I hate the uni boob look it gives me . So when I work out I wear the Barely There underwire bras BUT it took a good 3-4 months before I felt comfortable wearing underwire again after my surgery especially working out. The scars for me under my breast took the longest to fully heal so wearing underwire would just irritate the scars too much. I've gone brain dead did you have the full anchor lift like me?

Sounds like you are used to your implant size. I felt the same way you did and there are some days I wish I had gone with a just a tiny bit larger implant (not to mention my husband wishing it too ) But then I put on a tight shirt and realize I made the right decision. Plus I don't want to be known as the hoochie mom by my teenage son's friends, lol.

stay in touch!

Old 05-10-2007, 04:08 AM   #50
    marie72
    (female)

marie72 HB User

Hi River525,

I went and got the Soma travel bra, but I think I keep buying the wrong sizes they feel comfortable in the dressing room, but when I get home and wear them around the house for a while I think they're too small. I also never liked the uni-boob, I buy sport's bra with soft cups. Do you know if sqishing them, the breasts, into a bra change the shape of the outcome, this is my biggest concern? at the moment with the bra thing.

I had vertical or lollipop lift. I still have the tape on the scars, so I don't know when that will come off or if the tape needs to fall off on their own. I want to see the scars so I will feel more comfortable about how they will heal, same thing with the tummy tuck.

I also have teenage sons on the young side, and know what you mean about the 'hoochie mamma' thing. I already have problems with the women in my small town, they think their husbands drool when they see me and I don't even do anything to even look at them ( the men ). Not my type of guys. Be happy your married, it not fun being alone. And with the boob size, I heard the bigger you get the better chance they will sag at some point when you get older. That's why I didn't want to go too big also.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #51
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

squishing them I don't think it changes the cup size BUT since you are still healing you have to remember the internal scars and you don't want the implants to "bump" up against them.....possibly allowing the implants to move towards the middle of the chest. I know this is the absolute worst case scenario with this and it rarely happens but just something to consider. One thing I did when I got the go ahead to sleep on my side was roll a wash cloth up and put it in my cleavage to keep them separate. My husband just about died when I did that the first time - sexy, huh,

I think that is why they tell you to sleep on your back to avoid having that uniboob permanent look. I hope how I'm descibing this makes sense - there is a word for what i'm talking about symmansia or something like that. I just know I was ultra paranoid about every little thing that could happen so that is why I'm mentioning it to you. Gotta keep our cleavage looking good

The steri tape for me just fell off on its time. I remember them saying not to pull on it, etc. Eventually the nurses did switch some of the tape to cleaner tape so it didn't look so yucky. Main thing is have some silicone scar sheets (CVS or Walgreens brands work just as good as the name brands) BUT do not use it till you are completely healed, no scabs, etc. (infact ask the nurses when you can start using them to be on the safe side) or it will pull off those scabs and cause worse scarring. My scars are hardly noticeable now and I used it for a long time - I just cut it to just barely cover the scars and it stayed on great through showers, etc. The silicone sheets really helped keep the scars smooth. And definitely keep your scars covered if you are tanning or they will darken - I just keep my bra on in the tanning bed now.

As far as bras - it took me a long time to feel comfortable in any "normal" bras. I would think I found one that worked and after wearing them for a day I thought I made a mistake buying it. Remember you are still healing so you will swell as the day goes one and those scars will feel irritated inside and out, not to mention the nerves regenerating - ugh

Remember you literally had three different surgeries (tummy, one breast, one breast). The nerves coming back to life was the hardest part for me. Are you experiencing any of those out of the blue sharp stabbing pains? I still get them occassionally and funny thing is I can be just walking in the mall with my husband or whoever and they will say "quit grabbing your boobs". I don't even realize I'm doing this b/c I do it so much at the house to keep the implants "free" in the pockets and oops I forget and just look like an idiot grabbing them out in public,

Sounds like you are doing great! And don't worry what those wives think, they are just jealous - take care and keep me posted - I wish there was a way to communicate and not tie up the message boards, lol, but I guess everyone is enjoying our conversation

Old 05-10-2007, 12:35 PM   #52
    marie72
    (female)

marie72 HB User

I was thinking the same thing. I guess we have an intersting thread, that keeps going and going. I haven't had the sharp pains yet. That's funny about the towel, because before the surgery I would put a pillow between my boobs, its always felt so comfortable when I slept on my side. I already have the Neosporin silcone sheets, just waiting until I can use them, the tape is on pretty solid at this time.

I just found out that I did lose my job today, I couldn't take it anymore and went into work to find out, after 12 years there, the girlfriend of 2 years got her way. His lost, I already am interview for better positions, being a single Mom and unemployed does't sit well with me, I need my money.

I wish there was a way I could contact you privately. Your keeping my spirits up, you have no idea!!!!

Last edited by marie72; 05-17-2007 at 03:47 PM.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:50 PM   #53
    marie72
    (female)

marie72 HB User

Hi River525,

Just to let you know that a piece of the tape fell off in the middle of my incision and you can't even see where the surgeon cut. I'm so excited I had to tell you! Do you think that the scar will stay that way or will it begin to get larger or discolored? Right now it looks like my belly.

Last edited by marie72; 05-17-2007 at 03:50 PM.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:03 PM   #54
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

Sounds like good news to me........I honestly can't remember but I would bet if your scar isn't a different color now it should stay that way -- just don't get in a tanning bed or lay in the sun without the scar covered with major sunscreen....

Glad to hear your doing so well - how's everything else going?

Old 05-18-2007, 06:29 PM   #55
    marie72
    (female)

marie72 HB User

Well I'm still in shock about the whole job thing, I start interviewing on Monday, wish me luck. Did you massage your implants? I read somewhere that too much massaging makes them too soft. Mine are soft and I think they dropped pretty much immediately, at least I hope they don't drop anymore, they're at the right spot now. I went to get my hair done today, and the women there couldn't believe I had any surgery, they were amazed. One of the women was in so much pain for weeks and couldn't stand up straight. I must have had a very special surgeon. I give her alot of the credit for my speedy recovery. I'm happy that you're still responding to my posts.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:55 PM   #56
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

How's the interviewing going? Yes I massaged my implants - I never heard of them becoming too soft (don't see how that could happen). My PS even said to lay flat on my stomach/chest and let the weight of my own body mush them - scary thought, huh? The strangest thing since I've had mine is that I find myself waking up in the morning on my stomach - I NEVER slept on my stomach before I had the surgery - I always slept and woke up on my side - go figure...............

You obviously had the Queen of surgeons b/c I am also in shock how quickly you recovered and had little pain - either that or your a freak of nature, ha ha........

Have a great holiday weekend and stay in touch

Old 05-22-2007, 01:51 PM   #57
    marie72
    (female)

marie72 HB User

I am interviewing, but have a problem... summer's coming and all the positions require full time 40 hrs weekly, great pay, great benefits,but..... I use to cut back on my hours during the months of July and August for my sons, I don't know what to do about them being off all summer. One's too old for camp and too young to work, the other can go to camp, but camp doesn't start until 10am, and I have to leave by 8am, and I think they just cut the busing for the camp, that means I would have to drive him, and there is no one I know that's going to the camp. I'm contemplating taking it easy this summer doing some odd and end work, and then going full blast in September, I've never had a summer off. Don't even know if I can afford to do this, ....dreaming.....

I don't think I'm a 'freak of nature', but the whole losing my job thing got my adrenaline going so maybe that's what did it, the 'beast' in me came out, lol!!!

I'm thrilled with the surgery, I have a follow up in June. I just have itchy boobs and alot of strange tingling pain, especially in my right breast. I have to ask the PS about the stomach and booby smushing thing. I'm afraid to lay on mine, I still sleep on my back elevated, I fear that they will heal lopsided if I sleep on my side, I know, I'm being silly, but I do fear that!!

Enjoy the long weekend!!! We're finally having some great weather here in NY!!

Old 05-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #58
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

just real quick about the tingling -- that is normal it is your nerves coming back alive......and hate to say but it lasts awhile but don't worry it will be over eventually.............

I hear ya about the time issues with work/kids.........maybe a part time job during the summer? can't remember what you said you did/do but what about a hospital...I worked at one here and the hours seemed better suited for taking care of my kiddo. My girlfriend does a job share with another mom at a bank here and that has been a great solution for her. Just some ideas.

ta ta --- off to do laundry - YUCKKKKKK

Old 06-06-2007, 02:28 AM   #59
    desireangel
    (female)

desireangel HB User

Hi,
    So how much does it usually cost? Thanks Rosy

Old 06-06-2007, 02:33 AM   #60
    desireangel
    (female)

desireangel HB User