It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Frozen Embryo Transfer!!!!!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #76
    Golds
    Veteran
    (female)

Golds HB User
    Re: Frozen Embryo Transfer!!!!!!!!

Great April , I was thinking of you this morning as I had an appoint with RE too. Good luck girl, yes they do make you start proges. shots 5 days prior to the transfer. Hoping to see some good news soon.

Now my update for today is that my doc is still very optimistic and wants us to go for another FET cycle as we still have 4 frozen bubbies. But I am taking a break of 2 months before i start another one.
    I continue praying for a BFP.
    Best wishes
    Golds

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #77
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User

April that is awesome girl.... So glad to hear u are on ur way.I am really excited for u I hope this is it I will pray for u.

Mapia

Old 05-10-2007, 06:14 PM   #78
    TryN2BMommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

April, great news!!! Wishing you all the luck in the world and sending you tons of sticky dust in advance.

Holly

Old 05-10-2007, 08:25 PM   #79
    GeorgiaPeachie
    (female)

GeorgiaPeachie HB User

Ohh how exciting! I can't wait to read the updates.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:41 AM   #80
    deluka96
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

deluka96 HB User

Hi April!!

Sorry I am a little late to reply but just wanted to say what great news and I hope all goes perfectly for a BFP for you and DH!!!!

kathy

Old 05-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #81
    Viktorria
    Inactive
    (female)

Viktorria HB User

Congrats April!! So glad that things went well and you can move forward! Keep us posted! I'll be thinking about you. I think your frozen embries are from 2002 also right? Apparently it can work - I'm now 6 weeks 5days with an embryo from Sept 2002.

We all struggle with infertility and IVF, but the truth is that at least there is hope for us. If this were our grandmothers or even our mother's, they would have had no choice but to accept that they were not going to have a child. Although I hate the struggle, I'm so grateful for the technology. It's funny though, for me the fear of losing my son has never really gone away. April, do you have that with your twins? I some how feel like I cheated mother nature by having him and that she'll be around to take him away at some point.

Golds, I don't blame you for taking some time off. I had decided that if this FET cycle didn't work I was taking the summer off too. I live close to the water and we do lots of boating and swimming and I just didn't want to have to worry about going through the process during our fun season. Enjoy your summer, relax and be ready for a fresh start when you are ready.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #82
    sunflower74554
    (female)

sunflower74554 HB User

Hi Viktorria,

Congrats on the great news and thanks for all the encouragement. It really helps to hear some positive news from someone that has simular embryo age. So how many did you transfer?? And is the pregnancy a singleton or more??
    I think we all carry that fear of losing our children and I dont think you have to worry more of losing a child that was born from Invitro. I know that they are so called "test tube babies" but I have never heard of a higher mortality rates with these children. So dont worry yourself!! And if you think about it you really didnt cheat fate. You were destined to have this child. If it was fate for you not to have a child,then you wouldnt of no matter what you did to have one. So it is a blessing!!!

Well I have three days left until my FET. Its on Wednesday 16th. I can't wait!! We are transferring two. I hope it works. Keep everything crossed for me. Well I will let you girls know how it goes!!!

I have a question,do you think its ok to take a shower the morning of the FET,or do you think the soap would be harmful. Well any insite would be helpful. I will call and ask my doctor tommarrow and she what she says..

Best wishes, April

Old 05-14-2007, 10:10 AM   #83
    ASPROUSEY05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

wow april 3 days and you will have another transfer.. that seemed to go by real fast.. did your re let you start right after your chemical pregnancy?? i had my miscarriage on the 11th of april but i still have to wait until this period to "start" meaning bcp then lupron.. etc etc.. so e/r e/t end of june beginning of july i believe!!! i hope this works for you so you can give a sibling to your twins good luck and please keep us updated, you have been in my prayers.. im happy you dont have to wait months to try again. i go crazy waiting.. anyway.. let us know how the 2ww goes.. ttys <3 aimee

Old 05-17-2007, 07:30 AM   #84
    Golds
    Veteran
    (female)

Golds HB User

Hi April
    How are you doing girl? I thought of you yesterday and prayed hard for a BFP. Hope the transfer went smoothly and now those two little embryos must be looking for a warm place to stay for next 9 months.
    Good luck and lots of sticky baby dust.
    Golds

Old 05-17-2007, 12:27 PM   #85
    sunflower74554
    (female)

sunflower74554 HB User

Thanks Golds, everything did go smoothly. They ended up having to thaw the third embryo because one of the two that was froze together degenerated,but I was kinda glad because it was the lesser quality one of the three,so 4 being the best,they transferred a 4 and a 3. I was hoping to get to transfer the highest quality embryos I had left and even though one embryo degenerated I was thankful for getting to transfer the two better of the three. My beta is on the 28th. I hope I can hold out on any HPT this time. Maybe one before my beta,not shure yet. I would kinda like to have some warning. I cant wait to find out. ONE,TWO,or NONE!! Im nervous. I am trying to keep my mind off of it though. Me and my twins have been doing little crafts today,me on my backside of course but we still have been having a good time. I also bought lots of fast fixing foods,like chicken nuggets,fish fingers and some frozen pizzas and microwave dinners. I know its not the same as a good home cooked meal,but I dont have to be on my feet to long. Last transfer I had was on a Friday,so my husband was here to do all that. So I had to prepare ahead of time. Well Im gonna go read some more posts thanks for the warm wishes.

Best Wishes, April

Old 05-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #86
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User

Hi April glad to hear all went well.I cant imagine how hard it is doing IVF and having one child at home let alone 2.Well good luck to u and hope u get ur BFP.

Mapia

Old 05-17-2007, 03:33 PM   #87
    rubynz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rubynz HB User

Good luck April, I'm thinking of you!

Old 05-17-2007, 11:40 PM   #88
    SHARON74
    (female)

SHARON74 HB User

hi april, wishing you all the best, I had my first transfer (frozen) on 15/5/07. Lets hope its a BFP for both of us. This is my first post, and it is good to know others are going through the same thing, although I don't have any existing kids to contend with!?!?

Take care of U, rest (as much as possible) ,....... good luck!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:15 AM   #89
    Viktorria
    Inactive
    (female)

Viktorria HB User

April, the 2ww must be driving you crazy! Hang in there, girl, you'll get good news soon!

I transferred 2 embryos and one of them took. I'll be 8 weeks on Sunday and everything looks great. When they were frozen, they were all graded top (5AA) or very good (5AB) quality, but when we thawed most of them my RE told us they didn't look so good during my first failed cycle. The second time, we could see a huge difference in the embryo pictures and he was really excited about one of them. It just literally looked like it was busting out of the shell. The other one we had left over looked just like the previous two that didn't make it, kind of shrunken and shriveled. But it only takes one and we're pretty sure that the big one made it.

Have you told your twins? We told my son b/c he walked in while I was getting my PIO shot and got a little upset. What a strange conversation with an almost 4 year old!

Hang in there, hope your 2ww (they should really call it the 2wt - 2 week torture) goes by quickly and you get great news!!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #90
    karystos
    (female)

karystos HB User

I had my FET last Friday. I am to have my preg test on Monday. Major cramps today so I'm losing hope fast. had 2 "fair" quality blastocysts transferred. Anyone else have these symptoms and still get a bfp?

Closed Thread