It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Has anyone tried Mineral Powder Foundation?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
    mys_star
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mys_star HB User
    Question Has anyone tried Mineral Powder Foundation?

I was wondering if anyone here has tried the new mineral foundation powders and blushes? Maybelline and Cover Girl put out their brand, but the one I'm really wanting to try is called Sheer Cover and they advertise it on TV! It really seems to cover well on the models and even claims to completely cover birth marks and imperfections well! The Cover Girl kind in Wal-Mart is around $7.00 for a little container of loose powder with a make up puff included! I started to buy it, but I want to hear if anyone has tried it and liked it before I spend money on it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
    gems622
    (female)

gems622 HB User
    Re: Has anyone tried Mineral Powder Foundation?

I havent tried Sheer Cover, but I would like to also.

My complexion is uneven and kind of ruddy. I dont have much acne but I do have a lot of freckles that I try to cover up as much as possible. I use Loreal mineral foundation over liquid makeup (just a little) and it is good for adding extra coverage, but it does look caked on if you put too much on. I tried Everyday minerals which is supposed to be like Bare Minerals, but I didnt like it. It didnt give me a lot of coverage and it looked chalky and felt heavy. I havent had much luck with mineral makeups, but I think it depends on the coverage you want.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:17 PM   #3
    Kymberlee
    Veteran
    (female)

Kymberlee HB User

I have tried all kinds of the mineral makeup! Sheer Cover is okay---but it got expensive! I have been using Physican's Formula and love it! It's not shiny, covers well for me and it feels like nothing is on my face! Good price, as well! I also tried the Bare Essecentals (sp?) and it was shiny on my face! I don't need that! I have oily skin to begin with! It was very expensive, too. I have red uneven skin as well and I'm happy with the results and the cheap price! Also, it's easy to get at almost any store! I use the kind in the compact--I like that one the best! The other kind in the jar was messy for me! Good Luck! Kym

Old 05-21-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
    tandjsmom
    (female)

tandjsmom HB User

I used the one by Avon. It doesn't cover enough and if you use more(for more coverage) it does get chalky looking. No coverage for dark circles. I think mineral makeup is only for people with decent skin to begin with.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
    rubyruby03
    (female)

rubyruby03 HB User

I use Bare Minerals and have never tried any of the other brands. The main thing I love about it is I can do my makeup in about 2 minutes (before it took me about 10 minutes to apply regular concealer and powder). I have never been a liquid foundation user, but I love the Bare Minerals. It can be put on very light or heavier. It can be layered if you need more coverage. The key to avoiding cakiness, and this probably applies to all mineral foundations, is to make sure there is not too much on your brush (make sure to tap the excess before applying). Then swirl it on the skin using big circles with a light touch. I have found it to give excellent coverage for minor redness. I use a concealer brush to apply small amounts under my eyes and also to other imperfections in my skin.

If you try a less expensive brand and don't like it, I would suggest trying Bare Minerals. You can purchase it from Bare Escentuals stores and Sephora, and I believe both offer return policies if you don't like the product.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #6
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I'm going to go test out Bare Minerals in a few days! I got a sample and tried it myself and it looked good but I'm going to ask them to apply it for me so I can learn how to apply it CORRECTLY and better. It seemed to not cover much when I used it unless I put a lot on, but it never got cakey looking. So hopefully it will work good for me!

I did not care for the Loreal one.. the built in brush did not work well for me. It wasn't soft enough for the eye area. It got cakey easily and I could feel it on my skin even in small amounts. I do like Mineral Basics but I would usually wear it as a powder instead of a foundation and put it over a light amount of foundation. My skin looked incredible, but it didn't work well enough for me on its own. I just had to buy it online b/c I don't know anywhere that sells it.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #7
    jamillah70
    (female)

jamillah70 HB User

Bare Mineral's Is The Best It Make You Look So Nice ..it Only Take's Second's To Apply And You Will Love The Mineral Veil .it Kick's Pore's But And Win ..once You Swirl ,tap,and Buff ....
    You Will Never Use Liquid Foundation's Again.....
    Say No To Sheercover's It's Just A Knockoff To Bare Mineral's It
    You Want The Best And The Best Is Bare Escentual's ......
    AND REMEMBER A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY ..
    WHEN YOU GET YOUR NEW MINERAL'S TRY THIS..
    TAKE A PEN AND POLK HOLE'S IN THE LABEL UNDER THE LID AND THIS WAY YOU WILL HAVE BETTER CONTROL AND YOU WILL HAVE NO MESS OR SPILL'S......IF YOU NEED MORE JUST MAKE ONE OF THE HOLE'S BIGGER THAT IT NO MORE JUST ONE AT A TIME... DON'T TAKE THE PAPER OFF THE SIFTER.....POLK HOLE'S IN IT OK.....

Last edited by jamillah70; 05-24-2007 at 06:59 PM.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #8
    Passion1965
    (female)

Passion1965 HB User

Bare Minerals is a nice foundation....However, it dries up my face terribly.I was using L'Oreal Bare Natural, but it contains Talc. After reading about how dangerous Talc is, I stopped using it and continued my search for mineral makeups.I tried Physicians Formula...didn't like that one,Everday Minerals made me break out, Monave lasted about two hours and my face felt like an oil slick.Then I tried Laura Mercier Mineral Powder.This is by far the BEST mineral makeup I've ever tried.My skin feels like silk, coverage is amazing and it looks fresh all day. The only thing is I wish it came in a lighter shade. I am very fair complexioned, and the lightest shade is a tad too dark.....but I still use it. I've been getting compliments since using it, so I guess I will continue to use it.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:54 PM   #9
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Jamillah70, darn I already took off the little sticker covers! I'll be careful not to shake the containers so they don't get too much product in them. I have some of the BE eyeshadows and they end up fine without the sticker. I COULD always put tape on them if I plan on taking them away from home! Thanks for the tip.

Hopefully BE won't make my skin dry! I have pretty normal skin and it hasn't been dry in the summer. I'll keep Laura Mercier in mind if I have that problem!

Old 05-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #10
    mys_star
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mys_star HB User
    Question Re: Has anyone tried Mineral Powder Foundation?

has anyone tried the Cover Girl kind?

Old 05-29-2007, 10:12 PM   #11
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Somebody on here posted that they really liked the blush. I haven't tried it but might do so soon since it's such a good price. I might look at the bronzers since I don't have a mineral bronzer. I wonder how the foundation compares to more expensive brands such as bare minerals.. I'd love to save some money on it in the future since I'm a college student!

Old 06-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #12
    Fashionista123
    (female)

Fashionista123 HB User

get a free sample kit from Everyday Minerals.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #13
    brown.eyed.girl
    (female)

brown.eyed.girl HB User

-Everyday minerals offers free samples, I like their intensive formula.
    -Joppa Minerals offers samples for 1.95-2.49, I loooove their Morning Dew and Full Coverage foundation the coverage and wear is incredible
    -Lumiere offers 6.00 samples with free shipping and I like their veena velvet formula
    You can buy any of these of their websites and I personally think that any of these brands beat the store bought brands hands down. The ingredients are more natural and they don't use fillers or bismuth so there is less risk for allergies.

Closed Thread