It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• symptoms disappeared

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-01-2007, 07:26 AM   #1
    BabyLove8
    (female)

BabyLove8 HB User
    symptoms disappeared

I am 5 weeks and I used to have sore breasts and lower back pain and felt quesy. Yesterday my symptoms disappeared. From what I read on the internet this is a bad sign. Does this mean I will miscarry? I am 36 and have been trying to conceive for a long time. Any help or advise would be great. Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2007, 07:51 AM   #2
    Leela_C
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Leela_C HB User
    Re: symptoms disappeared

I'm worried about the same thing today. My symptoms are GONE. It isn't always a bad thing. They come and go. My m/s went away a couple weeks ago and I was so worried, but then it came back with a vengeance! Now it's gone again. Try not to worry. I know, easier said than done.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:10 AM   #3
    livinTX
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

livinTX HB User

It is not a bad thing. Symptoms come and go. I'm 12 weeks now, and I didn't even have sore breasts until 9 weeks or so and now they don't hurt at all. I never got morning sickness. I still don't feel pregnant other than that I've gained a few pounds and my pants no longer fit and I'm very fatigued some days. Some women just have very few symptoms in the beginning or the symptoms come on later. Most women who get morning sickness have it come on at 6-8 weeks. Your breasts may be sore one day and feel fine the next. It's very normal.

I had an ultrasound last week and everything is fine with my pregnancy so far. The little baby was waving its arms and legs and was quite active despite my lack of symptoms. I know it's hard, but try not to worry too much.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:00 AM   #4
    meluca
    Veteran
    (female)

meluca HB User

hello there,
    i just wanted to share what happened with me. my first pregnancy ended in m/c. i found out at 9 weeks (dr. appt) that baby had stopped growing at 7.1 weeks. i was gutted. i went home and waited to see what would happen. i had no idea what i was in for. i passed everything at about 10.5 weeks, but i want you to know that i had breast soreness and frequent urination and other mild symptoms throughout. so if i was just going by symptoms, i wouldve had it all wrong. dh and i waited out trying until 1 period had passed and then we tried again. and we conceived that following month.

when i was about 6 weeks, i paniced that all my symptoms were gone. i started off with sore breast and that was it. then at week 7 i got acne from heck. then week 8 brought on major bloating that lasted until about 12 weeks. then nothing. by this time, i had an 11 week dr. appt. and they heard the heartbeat. i cried with relief. but i was still scared that something would happen. and i felt guilty that i was letting the fear of my last pregnancy rob the joy of my current pregnancy.

once i got to 11 weeks and the heartbeat was strong at the doctor's office, i purchased a fetal heart doppler from a popular auction site and it has made a huge difference in my peace of mind. i listen to baby every morning. when you get to that stage, you might consider purchasing one too. it's the best money ive ever spent ($130).

then at about week 14 i got terrible, horrendous m/s until almost week 19. then by week 20 i was smooth sailing.

now, i'll be 28 weeks on sunday. and baby is doing great and moving around a lot and i am at peace. it will happen for you too. you just have to get through those first 14-16 weeks -- there's no way around it. and remember, we all go through it.

so i just wanted to let you know that your body will do strange and mysterious things. and you cannot compare yourself to anybody else. you simply cant. you cant even compare your other pregnancies with this one -- if youve had other ones.

best wishes for you and baby,
    believe that your baby is awesome and doing great, just quietly growing
    xo,
    m

Old 06-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
    BabyLove8
    (female)

BabyLove8 HB User

Thank you so much! It makes me feel so much better to hear your stories. I am feeling more confident now. Thanks again, Shannon

Old 06-01-2007, 10:37 AM   #6
    Leela_C
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Leela_C HB User

I just got back from my doctor. I had an ultrasound and we saw the flash of the heartbeat, but I'm only a little over 7 weeks so we didn't see anything else. He said that it was OK that my symptoms were gone so I'm just going to try really hard not to worry about it. I'm glad you feel better after hearing other stories. Take care!

Old 06-03-2007, 06:43 AM   #7
    Sprout07
    Veteran
    (female)

Sprout07 HB User

I just wanted to chime in too. I had very little symptoms with this pregnancy...so far. I'm just over 14 weeks. I had little to no morning sickness.. I've only had about 3 bouts of "oooh I feel like I'm going to throw up" but I never did and it was always because I hadn't eaten soon enough. My bbs stopped hurting at 5 weeks, came back at about weeks 7-10 but not as bad, stopped hurting completely at like week 11. The only things that have really lasted have been fatigue which has gotten better since like week 12 and my bbs are bigger and I have some occassional cramping. Right now I don't feel like there could be a baby growing in there but I have the home doppler and there was a heartbeat. All of my u/s have been great...one with a hb of 190 and little arm buds and leg buds at 8.5 weeks. So my point is symptoms are just a sign not a guarantee for anything. You can't base how well the pregnancy is going on symptoms. Good luck to you and your baby!

Closed Thread