It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board

• Petechiae

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-04-2007, 02:10 AM   #1
    byHizgrc
    (female)

byHizgrc HB User
    Unhappy Petechiae

So, I've had these small red spots - lots of them - in several places on my body for 4 - 6 weeks now. My doc first blew it off as folliculitis or hemangiomas, but I know differently. In fact, they're getting worse (i.e. more of them & redder aka more noticeable).

On top of this, I've had symptoms like:
    1. Easy bruising (i.e. lots of bruises, seem to happen for no reason)
    2. Badly Swollen - sometimes tender - Lymph Nodes for about 3 MONTHS
    3. L Side Pain
    4. SEVERE Exhaustion
    5. Weak (more than normal)
    6. Normal Joint Pain Worse
    7. Normal Memory Problems Worse
    8. Pale Episodes
    9. Nausea
    10. Sometimes Dizzy
    11. ...and so on

I'll tell ya now. I've been dx w/ SLE (lupus), but I wonder if I wasn't mis-dx. I'm wondering if that isn't a possibility right now OR if this is some kind of complication.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by byHizgrc; 06-04-2007 at 02:12 AM. Reason: forgot something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #2
    mellyuk
    (female)

mellyuk HB User
    Re: Petechiae

Hi

I have these too, also left side stomach pain and aches and pains. I am hoping it is all my anxiety (my normal GP thinks so) however I called for an apointment last week and a locum was on. So I booked in with him instead and he is going to run some blood tests.

I also have nausesa, acid reflux, terrible wind, piles (two opperations on them suckers this year and they have come back again) and I think if I am not ill I am just nuts.

I hope you will get to the bottom of your problems and the news is god, I also hope this for myself and everyone else.

Let me know how you get on with regards this rash, mine look like broken vessels, some are small and some are large. They are mostly on my left shloulder and upper arm, I also have some on my other arm, quite a few on my chest and one or two on my lower arm and hands.

Good luck

MElly

Old 06-22-2007, 05:37 PM   #3
    cookingmom
    (female)

cookingmom HB User

I have lupus and I have many, many petechia, blood spots etc. Are you on a blood thinner?

Last edited by cookingmom; 06-22-2007 at 05:37 PM.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
    Anna70
    (female)

Anna70 HB User

I have these too and I have been to several doctors who have all told me they are benign angiomas. They really bother me and I seem to be getting more of them. They can not explain why I have them just that they are benign. The strange thing is my husband has them as well. I wish we knew what is causing them. I have often worried about leukemia and a possible connection but the doctors insist that it isn't so. Thank God. I was wondering if anyone else may have any idea what causes these annoying spots to appear.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:52 PM   #5
    byHizgrc
    (female)

byHizgrc HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mellyuk View Post
    Hi

I have these too, also left side stomach pain and aches and pains. I am hoping it is all my anxiety (my normal GP thinks so) however I called for an apointment last week and a locum was on. So I booked in with him instead and he is going to run some blood tests.

I also have nausesa, acid reflux, terrible wind, piles (two opperations on them suckers this year and they have come back again) and I think if I am not ill I am just nuts.

I hope you will get to the bottom of your problems and the news is god, I also hope this for myself and everyone else.

Let me know how you get on with regards this rash, mine look like broken vessels, some are small and some are large. They are mostly on my left shloulder and upper arm, I also have some on my other arm, quite a few on my chest and one or two on my lower arm and hands.

Good luck

MElly

What are piles?

You're NOT nuts!! There's just some things you CAN'T imagine, but the docs want to make us feel nuts b/c they're stumped. Here's my saying, "Just b/c you don't know what's wrong w/ doesn't mean there isn't anything wrong". Hey, I think I should copyright that.

Closed Thread