It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• dizziness & groggy feeling

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
    johnlovesjesus
    (male)

johnlovesjesus HB User
    dizziness & groggy feeling

hello i'm new to the site. i'm praying that someone out there can help me. i am a 52 year old male with several medical conditions. but one of my symtoms has really got me frustrated. i have been seeing doctors for over 20 years. every doctor has a different theory. let me explain. the first time i felt the dizziness and grogginess was 20 years ago. i looked drunk, talked like i was drunk, walked like i was drunk.(i donot drink at all or do drugs) i was very confussed and would become so dizzy that i couldn't function. one doctor says it's depression, one says cronic fatigue syndrom, one says anixety disorder, one says sleep apnea. i have been treated for all of these diagnoises, nothing has helped. my daily life is suffering so badly. i can not function at all. just to keep up and move from one room to another is hard for me. i have mri's, cat scans, blood work and still no answeres. please if any one has a clue or even a quess at what the problem is please let me know. dizzy in louisville,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 AM   #2
    boxerlver227
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

boxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB User
    Re: dizziness & groggy feeling

Have you had your ears checked or Do you suffer from any type of headaches?

Old 06-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
    johnlovesjesus
    (male)

johnlovesjesus HB User

my wife keeps telling me to have an ent doctor see me, but i really don't have problems with my ears. but maybe it is worth a shot, since i do have alot of sinus infections, and yes i do have alot of headaches.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
    boxerlver227
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

boxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB User

It could very well be headache related. Go to healthboards.com to the headache board. Do a search for Post called Chronic tension headache's by boxerlover227 I think you will see after reading through this post that you aren't alone at all with these symptoms. You may be having what is called Migraine Associated Vertigo (MAV) Even if you are NOT experiencing a headache, Are they pressure tight band around your head type headaches? Also Know As~ Tension headaches?? Are your neck muscles sore and tense?
    My other thought is You also could have a inner ear problem as well as temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJD) which is a problem with the joint in your jaw that creates headaches, ear symptoms as well. Do you clench or grind your teeth?? Do you hear any popping or clicking when opening or closing your jaw?
    If I were you first read through the post I recommended on the headache board then read through the TMJ board as well as inner ear, and perhaps you can narrow down your symptoms. Good Luck I know how horrible the dizziness can be. I suffer from it as well. Any questions or thoughts let me know!! Boxerlover227

Old 06-17-2007, 05:02 PM   #5
    drmcat9455
    (female)

drmcat9455 HB User

This is the first time on this site and looking for answers also. I get drunk like also. Have gone to ER's and treated like a drunk and released. It is only my opinion about myself but I think I am having a lack of oxygen to my brain. Check out TIA's(transient ischemic attack) Doctors won't listen to me either. Good Luck

Closed Thread