It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Scar Tissue on Cervix

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
    bpsadie
    (female)

bpsadie HB User
    Scar Tissue on Cervix

Hi-I am new to the forum. DH and I have been trying to conceive for 1 year. We did the IUI last month and when the doctor went in he noticed scar tissue blocking my cervix. Has anyone had this? The RE doesn't know why the scar tissue is there because I've never had surgury or irreg pap. He said that the tissue could have been our problem and removed the scar tissue. I'm concerned that I may have endo; however, I don't have any other signs of endo. So far the RE has only checked my FSH level(7.6) and I do the HSG next week. I'm ovulating on my own. Do you think he should be doing more tests? DH's sperm is excellent.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
    rubynz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rubynz HB User
    Re: Scar Tissue on Cervix

Hi Sadie

I'm sorry I can't offer you any advice but I can offer you support and would like to welcome you to the board. I am sure someone else will have some words of wisdom for you. Keep visiting us, this board is great for getting advice and is also a place where you can share your feelings and thoughts without being judged. I consider the people on here to be some of my greatest friends and I am sure you will come to feel the same way too if you stick around although I pray that your IF journey doesn't last too long.

Good luck with your HSG and let us know how you get on.

Ruby

Old 06-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #3
    ~sunny~
    (female)

~sunny~ HB User

Sadie,

I hope your still around,I realize your post was 2 months ago...

With that said, I have had scare tissue blocking my cervix. It was found during a pap exam and I mentioned to my MD that I had been off BC, not gotten pregnant, or had a period. Initially my MD said it was probably due to the depo or possibly scar tissue from the LEEP procedure I had a few months earlier. It was scar tissue! She was nice enough to break through it..ouch!! 3 months later she described the cervix was "tight" and again broke through the tissue. It has been 2 months I am hoping it is not closed again!

Old 06-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #4
    pauline23
    (female)

pauline23 HB User

I have a similar problem. You need to ask her if your mucus cells are still there and if they have been effected by the scar tissue. In my case, we have decided after 3 IVF failures to do ZIFT which means no pain for me and my cervix won't get further damaged in the process. If you are havng a period, the cervix is open and the sperm should still be able to get through, if you have some mucus cells to help them.

Good luck

Pauline

Closed Thread