It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Spotting...Should I call my dr?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2007, 06:04 AM   #1
    TryN2BMommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
    Spotting...Should I call my dr?

Hi Girls,

Don't know if I should be worried or not. Most of you know my story already, but for those of you who don't...I got my bfp on 6/4. Beta levels only rose for a few days and then dropped back down. Dr said I would m/c early and AF would come. AF showed on 6/15, and I was VERY crampy. I bled heavier and longer than normal, but nothing really extreme.

Here's the thing - I was feeling crampy this morning, and when I just went to the bathroom, I noticed that I am spotting. I'm on bcp in case we can start a new IVF cycle soon, and I never spot on bcp. I don't expect AF for at least 2 more weeks. BF and I did have intercourse last night, so maybe that could be causing it? I just don't know if I should be worried or not.

My mom told me that when she m/c, she didn't stop bleeding for weeks and had to go for a D&C. I'm wondering if part of the pg held on and needs to be removed? Should I call my dr? They close early on Fridays (noon) and I wonder if they will even be able to do anything for me before Monday. Maybe I should just wait and see how it plays out?

Appreciate any advice...Thanks!

Holly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2007, 06:10 AM   #2
    Amy 333
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Amy 333 HB User
    Re: Spotting...Should I call my dr?

Holly

Did you get checked up after your m/c? My dr had told me to go after 2 weeks to do an us. She checked that nothing was left inside and that everything was ok.

If i were you i d call the dr. It is true it might be due sex last night but if there still might be some tissue inside you it s better to get it removed asap so that you won t have any setbacks when the good news arruives on weds.

Amy

Old 06-29-2007, 06:33 AM   #3
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

HI Holly Dolly,

I would call your doctor, asap (I use this right, non? asap?) It may be due to intercourse with your BF, but you never know. I don't think it's cause for alarm, but we woudn't want to have cause a setback, as Amy so wisely says. Let us know, cherie, what you plan to do! And good luck on Wednesday! Today is Friday, so slack today and it will go fast... and weekend always goes by fast! Thinking about you and praying for you!
    ****BABY DUST****

Old 06-29-2007, 07:07 AM   #4
    TryN2BMommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Thanks Amy & Princess! I took your advice and left a message w/ my dr's office, so now just waiting for their call back.

Amy, your comment about getting the good news on Wednesday made me smile. Glad to see you are still doing well.

Princess, I told you to have a little faith in your English! ASAP is just short for 'as soon as possible' so you used it perfectly. You are better than you think.

Holly

Old 06-29-2007, 07:25 AM   #5
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hahaha! Yes, perhaps my written english is passable, however my verbal...I still have very strong accent. When I go to other parts of canada they laugh I laugh too!

I'm very glad you called, Holly! May I ask, how much is the spotting? When will they get back to you? Soon, non?

Old 06-29-2007, 07:46 AM   #6
    TryN2BMommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Princess, the spotting isn't too bad...There were only a few spots on my panties, but when I went pee (TMI) the liquid in the toilet was tinged by the blood, so it's definitely there. I'm not really sure how quickly they will get back to me. Sometimes they are really quick and other times they aren't, so I guess it just depends on how their day is going. I am pretty confident that if they can't return my call before they close at noon, they will at least have my nurse call me this evening. So that will be good.

Holly

Old 06-29-2007, 07:49 AM   #7
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User

See Holly now dident I tell u to stop that freaky stuff u are starting to remind me of Deluka..................hahahaha.Ok had to make u laugh there.No but seriously I think its no big deal.But I am glad u called ur RE.But u should call again if they dont call u soon its almost 11.

Princess Holly is right ur english is fine and we wont laugh at u.So do u speak French?Are u from Montreal?I have been to Toronto many times my uncle used to live there.I have also been to Montreal very nice I liked it a lot.

Mapia

Old 06-29-2007, 08:34 AM   #8
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Aww, thank you Mapia!
    I am from a smaller village in Quebec. My English woudl be much better if I lived in Montreal, perhaps we will move there. I go to Toronto and surrounding cities very often, from there I learn most of my English, becuase outside of Quebec, not so so so so many people speak French. Of ocurse, they speak some, but not as much.

Holly have they called yet??

And have we heard anyhitng from deluka, by the way? Last I heard she was at home getting better, but still very tired.

Mapia, how are you doing, cherie?

Old 06-29-2007, 09:10 AM   #9
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User

Hi Princess I am doing fine thanks for asking.I am currently not doing any treatment cause DH and I are moving back to Greece so we will continue there with treatment.Canada is very pretty and I loved going there.I havent been in many years.

Deluka is finally feeling a lot better she leaves tomorrow for vacation her and DH are going to FL for a week.Lucky her I am jealous No I am kidding she deserves this vacation so much.

Holly any word yet sweetie?

Mapia

Old 06-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #10
    Kari15
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey Holly, I just got home from my daily visit to the DR and saw your post. How are things going this afternoon? Did the office call you back??? I am sure all is just fine, but it does seem like a good idea to confirm for the peace of mind. Amy is right, I forsee some good news coming on Wed and it will be good to know that everything is just fine to proceed when you do get the good news! Hope everything is going okay right now. Update us when you can!

Old 06-29-2007, 11:15 AM   #11
    TryN2BMommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Sorry girls, I have been so busy at work today!!

My dr's office did call back, and they are going to send me for another beta to confirm that my levels are negative. The spotting is still there, but my nurse thinks it is probably just break through bleeding from the bcp. I'm gonna go for the b/w tomorrow morning, and they will call me when they get the results from the lab.

Thanks for your concern!!

Gotta get back to work...

Holly

Old 06-29-2007, 11:22 AM   #12
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Holly Dolly, don't stress yourself too too much today! Remember c'est vendredi! Take care and I can't wait to hear further updates!!

Kari- why do you go daily to DR?? Is everyhting ok? You aren't sick? How did it go today?

Mapia- Yassoo! Did i say that right? I'm glad you found canada pretty I'd love to travel more and more of the world. I have only been to France (2 years) and Spain (1 year) and hopefully this year i go to Lebanon, for small vacation. Are you living in Greece now? What I mean is, you wil be living in Greece soon? I'm very glad deluka is feeling much better, she doen's tknow me, but I send warm thoguht and prayers.

Take care mes dames!! My prayers and thoughts are all with you!!
    ****BABY DUST****

Old 06-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #13
    Mapia74
    Inactive
    (female)

Mapia74 HB User

Holly so glad ur RE called u back.I am sure its nothing so dont stress to much.We will be looking forward to ur update tomorrow.

Princess I will be moving back to Greece on Aug 13th yes.I like to travel myself see new places I want to do more of that as much as we can.U really should come to greece it is so beautiful.Lebanon I hear is nice but I am not as brave as u traveling to the middle east right now.I really want to go to Jearusalim ok I speewled that wrong.Anyway I am very religious and would love to visit such a holy city.Maybe some day living in Greece we are close to so many beautiful places and it makes getting there so much easier.So when are u going on ur vacation?BTW u did say that right Yasoo.

Mapia

Last edited by Mapia74; 06-29-2007 at 11:49 AM.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #14
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Lebanon is beautiful but yes, you're right, the middle east right now, not exactly ver stable. But my husband's parents live there, I've never met them, so I have to go. I'm not very brave at all... I don't want another war to break out while I'm there!! But we will hopefully go in December, if I can get that off for work, but it shold be easy becuase nobdy here takes vacation days. And maybe during the winter, nobody wants to fight LOL. Ah oui, you must go to Jerusalem!! I am sure you must take your little one to there as well! Are you all ready to move??

Holly I can't wait to hear about the news from doctor. I'm sure it will be fine! And nothing to worry about. I lok forward to heairng from you always, but especially after wednesday!!

****BABY DUST****

Old 06-30-2007, 05:12 AM   #15
    Amy 333
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Amy 333 HB User

Holly how are you doing? Are you still spotting?
    Good luck for your b/w this am. Keep us posted.

Amy

Closed Thread