It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Just did my first iui

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-28-2007, 05:29 AM   #16
    TryN2BMommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
    Re: Just did my first iui

Chase, how incredibly thoughtful of your DH to send you for some pampering - he's a keeper! Good luck this cycle!! I hope it works for you!

As for the smiley faces, if you click on Post Reply at the bottom of a thread instead of using the Quick Reply feature, they will be available. Hope that helps.

Holly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2007, 07:16 AM   #17
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

I'm so glad I could help cherie! I'm sure we'll all be your little cheerleaders!! So how are you feelign today? You must keep us updated ok love? *******BABY DUST*********

Old 06-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #18
    awaitingchase
    (female)

awaitingchase HB User

Hi everyone,

Thanks Holly I can now add faces.

I'm feeling good today. My bbs are a little sore but I'm not sure if its due to the hormones or other things. So I'm trying not to look at that as a sign. It's hard because everyday I'm look for something.

I'll keep everyone posted. Everyone have a good day and keep smiling its contagious.

Hope I didn't overdue it with the faces I'm just so excited that I can add them. Its allows me to write with more expression.

Last edited by awaitingchase; 06-28-2007 at 07:30 AM.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:59 AM   #19
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I love how you use the faces! Non non non, cherie, if anyone overdoes it withthe faces, it's me!! I love them for the same reason you do, they let me add so much more expression! Especially this one What have you been doing to fill your time? So let me understnad, are you doing 2ww right now then?

Old 06-28-2007, 06:38 PM   #20
    awaitingchase
    (female)

awaitingchase HB User

Yes, have 2ww. This coming Monday, July 2, 2007 I have an appointment for blood work and an ultra sound. I asked the nurse if it was an internal ultra sound. She said that it would be for right now. She said they were going to check to see if I needed an extra shot of progesterone to support a pregnancy. I'm still a little uneasy about that. I thought it would be bad just in case I did get pregnant to do an internal ultra sound. When we go in on Monday my dh and I will ask further questions.

My dogs must be in dog heaven. To pass the time I've been taking them to the dog park. Especially since we just moved into an apartment and no longer have a yard. I picked up a book to read over the week. Sad to say I spent about an hour in the Sams club when all I had to pick up was 4 things if any. One of my friends is getting married back in New York, and she asked me to help her find a reception hall that would fit her budget. I excited to surf the internet and make phone calls to help her. I enjoy doing things like that so hopefully it will make the time fly. I'm glad I could help her especially since I can't be there in person.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:33 AM   #21
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi hi Chase!!

I'm so very glad that you have something busy, and not too strenous, to pass the time. I'm sorry that you cannot be with your friend for her wedding, but it's really good that you help still!!

July 2!! I will be praying for you very hard that day, cherie! But is it safe to do internal ultra sound? forgive the question, but I have never heard of one since I came here. Oh I see, you are confused too. When you find out, please tell us, okay? Or perhaps one of our IF sisters will enlighten us, eh?

Very good, reading!! It has been nice weather to read outside! I'm so praying for you, my dear. Let us know how everything progresses, yes?

****BABY DUST****

Old 06-29-2007, 08:09 AM   #22
    awaitingchase
    (female)

awaitingchase HB User

Hey Princess

The waiting is driving me crazy. Do you believe I was actually considering taking my last pregnancy test when I know there is no way in the world it will tell me this early. I have to wait until (july 9). I'm a little confused about the transvaginal ultrasound. I tried to research it but the only thing I found out was that its used to check the uterus, abnormalities, and ectopic pregnancies. the article said that it was usually done starting 4 1/2 weeks prenant. I'm so confused.

I called the nurse to ask it it was an internal ultrasound. She said yes and that the rest would be internal too. she asked if I was getting hyer already because I called to ask a question 1 day after IUI. She said it in good nature. I really want to call back and get a better understanding as to why. I thought about waiting until Monday morning and asking her before she does it. Should I go ahead and call or just wait until Monday. Any advise.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:25 AM   #23
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Salut cherie!!

My dear, I would advise you call right away. If you have a question, you should ask, becuase you don't want to have it festering, especially since it's weekend. You don't want to waste your weeknd with that on the back of your mind, true?

I trust the article, but logically, it confuses my mind If there is baby in there, shouldn't it be left undisturbed? Ah well, they know better than I, I suppose. But you must ask, to be sure. It's your first IUI, correct? They must expect you will have many many questions.

Hahaha, you are so cute, cherie! Wanting to take a test so early! And very understandable!!! Take it now if you so want, but don't be saddened if you see no pink/blue/second line/+ becuase you are right, it is too early.

Keep us posted, I am thinking of you!
    *****BABY DUST****

Old 06-29-2007, 08:46 AM   #24
    awaitingchase
    (female)

awaitingchase HB User

Salut Mes Amie,

Thanks for the advise. It was just on time. The office closes at 12pm on Friday and I just called at 11:30. My nurse wasn't in today so they transferred me to another nurse who covers. She explained that the ultra sound is to check the size of my ovaries. If my ovaries are not too big I would get a hcg booster to give me additional support. I welcome any additional support. She said it wouldn't tell if I'm pregnancy because it is way too early. I feel so much better, you were right I couldn't last the weekend. If I would have called earlier it would have saved me a lot of internet surfing for answers.

Now I won't anticipate finding out if I'm pregnant on Monday since its just a shot.

Merci,
    Au revoir (please forgive me if I spelled it wrong)

Old 06-29-2007, 08:58 AM   #25
    KJinKy
    Veteran
    (female)

KJinKy HB User

Chase just wanted to let you know that it is safe to do transvaginal U/S while preggo. That is the only way they can see the baby at an early stage and they can't see them until around 4 1/2 to 5 weeks I think. I was 6 1/2 weeks along when I found out I was preggo with my son and they did a transvaginal u/s then and they did one at 7 1/2 weeks and another at 8 1/2 weeks. They won't hurt the baby because the baby is in your uterus and the u/s probe only goes in the va ja ja. Hope this makes you feel better. Good luck and hope you get a bfp on July 2nd.

Kelly

Old 06-29-2007, 09:36 AM   #26
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

VA JA JA!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I am on the ground with laughing!!! I love that!! Va ja ja. Kelly, you are priceless.

chase, oh so sweet for your frnch! And very good! You spelled correctly! I am so proud of you! I'm also really glad that you called....now you can rest easy this weekend, oui?

Old 06-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #27
    awaitingchase
    (female)

awaitingchase HB User

Hi

KJinky thanks for the info it made me a lot more at ease. Your abbreviation was cute.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:17 PM   #28
    awaitingchase
    (female)

awaitingchase HB User

I went to the doctor today for my ultrasound and blood work. The ultrasound showed that I still had some follicles or cycst but nothing major. Since they weren't too big they were able to give me an hcg shot to support a preganancy. Later on the nurse called me back with my progesterone level she said it was 20+ I'm so excited. She said everything is going well. The only thing is that since I received a hcg shot I won't be able to test if I'm pregnant until July12. The hcg could give me false reading. She also told me not too look for any signs of pregnancy because the hcg shot causes bloating and tender bbs.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:44 AM   #29
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Chase, ca c'est magnifique!! I am praying fo ryou and your BFP!! Please, cherie, keep us informed of your condition as I am sure we are all praying fo ryou!!!

***BABY DUST***

Old 07-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #30
    BUNNYRABBITT
    (female)

BUNNYRABBITT HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by awaitingchase View Post
    I'm a newbie. I was diagnosed with Pcos in January. I've been through 3 cycles of clomid and provera a number of times to bring AF. I took FSH shots for five days. I just had my iui today. I'm suppose to have a second one tomorrow. I had two follicles that were large enough. One was 15 and one was 15.9. I thought they were to small but my estrogen level had jumped from 395 to 1045 in two days. They said that meant that my body was ready to ovulate. I hope it goes well. I'm excited but I'm trying to stay calm just in case it doesn't happen.
    Hi ,

So , I just been reading about you and did u find out if u were pg with the iui ? I sure hope so . we had one gone thru alot with trying to concieved a baby that we dearly want so bad but time will tell but I think my time is running out tho keep me up to date

Closed Thread