It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• Am I having a miscarriage?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-23-2005, 08:33 AM   #31
    JenRas05
    Veteran
    (female)

JenRas05 HB User
    Re: Am I having a miscarriage?

haven't had the labroscopy yet, i have an appointment to see the obygn Nov.21. That was the earliest appointment they had for her, mainly because she is the only female of that specialty and lots of women want to be seen by a female including me. Surgery is one of the options most often choosed to have done, because it restores your fertility the best but that doesn't mean they get rid of the endo for good. They take out the implants and then put you on hormonal pills but most the time those implants grow back. There is no final cure for endometriosis yet, they only can treat it. I heard though even with treatment sometimes you can still be in pain and sometimes farther down the line if the pain gets too bad to take the only option is to have a hysterectomy. I certainly hope it don't come down to that. Most the time though if they do the surgery and give you enough treatment you are able to have children. It just scares me that if i have this problem i will have to live with it for the rest of my life. I'll have to go through all that treatment and surgery and still might have to live with pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2005, 08:36 AM   #32
    JenRas05
    Veteran
    (female)

JenRas05 HB User

oh, and the pregnancy blood test came back negative, so i guess i didn't have a miscarriage after all, well thats good atleast.

Old 09-23-2005, 02:32 PM   #33
    Clover09
    (female)

Clover09 HB User

Hey Jen. My step mom had endo, and they say oftentimes, pregnancy will help make the endo not as bad in the long run. It helped her, she hasn't had to deal with it since she had my little brother, Dustin 17 years ago. Also, a friend of mine in highschool had it so bad that every school year, she had to have surgery for it. It sucked for her, but they have her on some medication now, and since highschool (2001) they have only had to do one surgery. Although, they told her that instead of surgery again, next time they'll have to do a hystorectamy (man, spelled that wrong too!). I wish you the best of luck. I just turned 22 by the way.

Old 09-23-2005, 08:30 PM   #34
    JenRas05
    Veteran
    (female)

JenRas05 HB User

Thanks for telling me about that, i guess everyone is different with endometriosis, they do say that pregnancy helps it, but sometimes it still comes back after pregnancy, idk.....i guess i'll just have to wait and find out if and how bad mine is. I hope mine is not too bad and that it will sometime go away.

Old 09-27-2005, 04:55 PM   #35
    JenRas05
    Veteran
    (female)

JenRas05 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Am I having a miscarriage?

The pain is getting worse...i know have menstrual cramps everyday and severe lower back pain, (actually right on the top of my butt) I take pain relivers but nothing seems to help, i called back my gynecologist and told her of this, she said just to take 2 aleve every 8 hours and tylenol added for extra pain relieve, and a hot bath. I did exactly as she said, i took 2 aleve and 1 tylenol, even took a hot bath....it didn't help at all!....the pain is still the same....it's mostly on my left side at the top of my butt, i've been crying lately because i'm just so tired of all this pain, it's everyday, 24/7, doesn't let up at all....i still get the pain below my belly button but haven't been noticing it as much now because of my severe lower back pain....i'm just so scared because the pain seems to get worse each day...i didn't even go into work tonight because of it being so bad,...... i just don't know what to do! does anyone have any advice other than heat and pain relivers? please help anyone!!!

Last edited by JenRas05; 09-27-2005 at 04:58 PM.

Old 09-30-2005, 08:09 AM   #36
    Clover09
    (female)

Clover09 HB User

It's been month since I've had my miscarriage. Started my period two days ago. Everything is normal now. Also started new Yasmin. Hope this time the bc works. I also recieved my results from my gyno... everything is normal. I hope you find out what is going on Jen! I'd like to thank everyone here for their support and input. I really appreciate it. I know that most people that have miscarriages go on to have great pregnancies. I hope everyone who is trying gets their bundle of joy! God be with you!

Old 10-26-2005, 04:35 PM   #37
    kitkatD
    (female)

kitkatD HB User

I know this is an old thread, but I think I had a m/c Friday & it sounds a lot like what all of you had described. I had a piece of tissue about as long as my finger pop out of me after pulling out a tampon & it was on the tissue after I wiped. At first I thought it was part of the tampon & that it had fallen apart, but it wasn't. It was plump & pinkish with a thing on the end that had purplish veins sticking out of it.

Needless to say I was freaked out!! I threw it in the toilet without looking at it anymore because I am very squeamish & the thought of that being a m/c was too shocking at the moment because I am on BC pills.

I went to the dr. today (4 days later) & did a urine test which came out negative. They did a pelvic & everything looks normal. Now I am wondering if I am just being paranoid. Can that piece of tissue be anything else? My family practitioner doesn't know what it could have been.

How long will pregnancy hormones show up? The pee test was a definite negative. Will a blood test show anything?

( - removed - )

Last edited by moderator2; 10-27-2005 at 09:54 AM. Reason: please do not ask members to violate the posting rules

Old 10-28-2005, 03:22 AM   #38
    kitkatD
    (female)

kitkatD HB User

Thanks for responding. I really do think it was a miscarriage. Now I wish I had saved the tissue to show my dr. & that I had gone in sooner to get checked out. They are going to give me a vaginal ultrasound next week to check things out & then I have to see a gynecologist after the ultrasound to help my dr. & I figure things out with regards to what happened & trying to get a better form of birth control.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:04 PM   #39
    Clover09
    (female)

Clover09 HB User

Wow, I've just logged on to see if there are any new posts... this one has been looked at and replied to alot, I hope it actually helps people.
    I saved the tissue I had and took pictures, so I could show my doctor (who told me I should have saved it in the refrigerator, because they still could have figured out what it was). She said there was nothing else that the tissue could have been. Also, I am a biology major at school, so I pulled out a bio book and looked up human fetal development. It showed pictures... they really looked like a "living" example of the tissue I expelled. I'm not sure if I mentioned this in an earlier post, but, my doctor had told me that I was probably at least 6 weeks along. If I could, I would upload the pics for other people to look at and compare their tissue too (even though it's gross, I really wanted to see a picture for myself to compare my "tissue" to.) I know it would help people to get a better idea if it was what was happening to them (although I know all miscarriages are different).
    After 1 month of Yasmin, I felt like a nut case so I called the doctor to see about switching bc, they suggested I take it at night... worked wonders. I felt so crazy I seriously went to a psychologist for counseling, lol. He was just kind of like "Well, it seems to me that the problem is with the medicine and it's affect on you." Made me feel a bazillion times better.
    A few weeks after my mc, my best friend became pregnant with her second child, my aunt (who is the same age as me) is now 4 weeks pregnant, my cousin is pregnant... it's amazing... must be something in the family, lol. I'm incredibly happy for them. Also, a baby cousin was just born, "Logan" is three weeks old... I look at him and it amazes me; how different I feel about children now. I knew I wanted them some day, but after having a miscarriage, I don't know... I think it's affected some "maternal" emotions and instinct or something. It's different than it was before... I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about.
    Logan's mother had thyroid problems and had experienced several miscarriages before becoming pregnant with him.
    I'm now engaged! Yes, same boyfriend:-) Yay! My fiancÚ has one more semester till graduation with his Bachelors degree and then he'll start law school. I'll graduate with my Bachelors next year and we'll be married then :-) We plan on starting our own little family after he graduates from law school.
    I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season. I'm sure that if you are looking here right now you are probably going through a hard time and rough spot in your life right now, but I promise you things will get better! Have hope and faith! "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to give you a hope and a future."
    I love you all. Thank you for your amazing support.

Last edited by Clover09; 11-30-2005 at 10:13 PM. Reason: oops

Old 10-31-2006, 11:48 AM   #40
    locaenamorada
    (female)

locaenamorada HB User
    Cool Re: Am I having a miscarriage?

Well you have described what i experience almost every month. Yes...
    I dont know if you had an abortion because quite often blood clots come out like masses of pink tissue...and yes...the pain can be as intense and spasmodic as you described. Even after taking painkillers sometimes i need to take the day off work...it's almost crippling when that happens. If you ever experience something of this nature again, you can take Piroxicam 20 - 2 tablets along with analgesics like iboprufen 200 and crocin painrelief. It helps to reduce the pain in as less a time as 30 minutes.

Last edited by locaenamorada; 11-06-2006 at 11:34 AM.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:45 PM   #41
    bbweckerley
    (female)

bbweckerley HB User
    Question Re: Am I having a miscarriage?

Why does all this stuff have to be so confusing? In a nutshell: My husband had a vasectomy a year ago. I started on bc pills 6 weeks ago to help with peri-menopausal symptoms. The pills were started mid cycle as I wasn't worrying about pregnancy, just relief from the other symptoms. Now, I started the "nothing" pills 2 days ago and this afternoon had the worst cramps I've had since Jr. High! Pamprin barely took the edge off and only after adding Ibuprofin did I get relief. Shortly after I went to the bathroom and experienced the expelling of tissue that sounds like what everyone is describing. I didn't have my glasses with me so I can't vouch for the vein aspect of it, but the rest is like mine. I felt instant relief afterwards, the pressure eased and I feel more overall relaxed. I have no idea what it was, my only thought was mc, but with the vasectomy? I have heard of people getting pregnant long after having one, but I don't know. Obviously I'm not worried about being prone to more mc's, but I'm still curious. Anybody else been in my boat?

Old 04-22-2007, 06:30 PM   #42
    cttn007
    (female)

cttn007 HB User

i went through the exact same experience! last year i was switching from one pill to another! was abit confused about how to switch from one pill according to my period and missed by afew days but then carried on as usual. then had a late period and when it did come a week late i had a heavy period and noticed a lump of pink tissue! i thought nothing of it at the time but thought to mention it to the doctor who just said it would have been some lining coming out with my period but it was definately not made from blood as it felt hard. its only now that i realise it may have been a miscarriage, i wasnt even aware that anything would come out if you miscarried so early. can anyone help??

Old 07-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #43
    pesematology
    (female)

pesematology HB User

i had the exact experience described in the first post of this thread. the tissue that was expelled looked exactly the same, and by my calculations if it were an embryo (technically still too young to be a fetus) it would be perhaps about a month and a half to two months developed. the tissue i expelled was a sac about 1 inch diameter, though it hurt like hell coming out and felt a lot larger. i called the nurse at my gynecologist's office, and she said it sounded like a miscarriage and i should probably come in for a blood test and maybe some kind of ultrasound. then she said she'd talk to the doctor on call and call me back.

when she called me back, she said the doctor thought it was a "clot" (definitely not a blood clot --- over half of it was thick, pale greyish pink tissue without any blood on it at all except some thin veins inside) and that i should take a home pregnancy test and call back. so that's what i did, and the test was negative. the nurse then said it was probably some "crazy kind of clotty thing" and that i should go to an urgent care if it happens again, but if that's the only one that i experience then there's nothing i need to do about it.

i don't really find "crazy kind of clotty thing" an acceptably clear final diagnosis, though, so i was browsing the internet for information just for my own curiosity, and the two possibilities that have stood out so far are:

1. miscarriage --- but after even eight weeks, the embryo is still pretty incredibly tiny. the placenta might have developed that big, perhaps, but the embryo would probably still be invisible to the naked eye.

2. corpus lutenum cyst --- again, seems like this would be way too small to explain what i experienced. also, i don't like this possibility because if this is the case, i'd be prone to it happening again. not fun!

the miscarriage explanation seems slightly more plausible to me, especially since it occurred first to the nurse as well. i know it's a painful thing to experience, both physically and, for some, emotionally, especially people who are staunchly pro-life and think of it as a baby that lost its life.

however, take comfort in the fact that over 80% of pregnancies naturally terminate, most before the mother even realizes she was pregnant, and she rarely notices the earliest "miscarriages" because they are so small and cause no more discomfort than a normal period.

pregnancy is a complicated thing, and a lot of times the embryo just doesn't get off to a good start. conditions aren't exactly perfect, or there was a small genetic flaw in the egg or sperm that caused it to be unable to continue growing. this is natural and normal, and it is nature's way of preventing many kinds of birth defects that we never even see in fully developed babies because they cause the embryo to stop growing so early. this clears the stage for healthier pregnancies to take place, resulting in overall healthier human populations.

so if you've had a miscarriage, whether you don't intend to have a baby yet or if you were trying to and feel that this was a "failure", don't think of it as any bad thing you did. it is just nature giving you a fresh start to make a healthy baby that will have better chances of living into adulthood, whenever the time comes.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #44
    belizeanhoney
    (female)

belizeanhoney HB User

I think I just had a miscarriage today. Does anyone have any pictures. I took pictures of the tissue that came out of me. Can anyone help?

Closed Thread