It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• Is this a symptom of uterine cancer?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-15-2007, 08:37 AM   #1
    mamabear123x
    (female)

mamabear123x HB User
    Is this a symptom of uterine cancer?

I am 43 and having too frequent periods. I am passing what appear to be pieces of my uterine lining. It is a clump to a string of grayish/brown tissue and some is tinged with blood, so appears light pink. I have painful cramps, bloating and fullness. I am thin so its very noticeable to me.

Has anyone with uterine cancer experioenced this? My doc tried to do an endo biopsy last week, but couldn't get thru. She supposed to do an ultrasound on the 23rd.

I have a bad feeling about this. Hoping its just dsyfunctional uterine bleeding.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
    BlueDiamond
    (female)

BlueDiamond HB User
    Re: Is this a symptom of uterine cancer?

Hi:

Well, it "could" be a symptom, but more likely, it is the beginning of menopause for you. My cousin started having exactly what you are describing at around age 44. Periods were close together, heavier than usual, and tissue was being expelled as well.

She did have a transvaginal ultrasound and also a uterine biopsy. All is well. She was put on hormones to balance out her periods so they would not be so heavy.

Let us know what the doctor says. Please try not to worry at this point (easier said than done).

Keep us posted and take care,

Blue Diamond

Last edited by BlueDiamond; 07-15-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
    mamabear123x
    (female)

mamabear123x HB User

Blue Diamond,

Thanks for your reply, it's reassuring. I'm trying not to worry but I guess anxiety is another issue with menopause. I don't have any risk factors for uterine cancer so I don't expect to have it. I wasn't expecting to go thru menopause this early, but here it is. I'll keep you posted. Mamabear

Old 07-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #4
    BlueDiamond
    (female)

BlueDiamond HB User

Hi Again:

I started Menopause at just about 43 - same age as you. I just turned 49. I went the opposite.......periods further and further apart, then very light, to nothing. YAY! My Mom was "normal" - about age 56 or so......so I don't know why I went early.

By the way, my Mom is presently in remission from Uterine cancer. It absolutely does not run in our family, so we were surprised. Anyway, besides leg neuropathy, she's doing fine. Wanted to mention that to you as I've done TONS AND TONS of research on uterine cancer, so I'm very familiar with the subject.

Your problem still sounds to me like it's the beginning of menopause. Good that you are getting checked though, just for piece of mind.

Keep me posted.

Take care,

Blue Diamond

Last edited by BlueDiamond; 07-17-2007 at 05:47 AM.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
    mamabear123x
    (female)

mamabear123x HB User

Hi BlueDiamond,

I was able to get my US today. I have really been feeling lousy. The endo thickness was 12mm but the doc thinks I'm going to get my period altho I've passed just tissue since Friday. I do have a cervical infection from the attempted biopsy though. I am starting on BC pills to try to control all of my symptoms in the meantime.

Besides the frequent periods and this tissue problem, she says the US is normal for peri. I am going to get a D&C in August after my vacation just to be sure.

Thanks for sharing. Glad your mom's in remission.

Mamabear

Closed Thread