It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Ortho Tri Cyclen LO

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
    deskette
    Inactive
    (female)

deskette HB User
    Ortho Tri Cyclen LO

So i have a question. I was taking the regular Ortho Tri Cyclen for about 3 1/2 years. I switched to the LO because my boyfriend didnt like the fact that i wasnt always up for sex. I didnt have a problem with switching cause my sexual activity was really low.

I have been on the Ortho Tri Cyclen LO for about 6 months and its kinda weird. I'll make a list of why its weird..

1. my periods are different. not as full as before. sometimes so light i only need to wear light days through out the day. i rarely use tampons anymore.
    2. the only thing i experience is bloating. rarely any cramps. maybe i shouldnt complain... but hey i like the cramps cause then i know my period is coming!
    3. i bleed before my period even starts.
    4. ..well the bleeding is pretty random.
    5. and this might seem pretty gross... but there is always something on my panties. no smell. random colors... varies from clear to brown. sometime there is like crustyness but from what ive read thats normal.

so this is what is going on.... ANY FEEDBACK would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Last edited by deskette; 07-17-2007 at 07:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
    starrr007
    (female)

starrr007 HB User
    Re: Ortho Tri Cyclen LO

My sex drive is pretty much gone ever since I went on bc, I'm on tri-sprintec. I have no cramps at all and my periods are very light. I don't use tampons eaither. I am going to switch bc cause of the sex issue, my doc thinks that i should be on lower dose. so now i will be on orth-lo as well. We will see

Old 07-16-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
    crissy2266
    (female)

crissy2266 HB User

Okay-I can relate to you on this: I have been on ortho tri lo for about the same length of time, and this may seem gross...but almost every month when my period is just begining, its almost like a black/brown color. I asume it's blood b/c it doesn't stay that color for more than 1-2 days?

Other than that I have very little cramps and GREAT skin
    ( was not always this way- I took regular ortho tri cyclen since i was 16, so 5 years)

Old 07-16-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
    ashley558
    (female)

ashley558 HB User

to sillysilly goose:
    i have the same issue as you with the always something in your panties. im on birthcontrol too just not the same kind. i asked the nurse or whatever you want to call them at planned parenthood and she said that as long as the discharge has no smell and isnt chunky that its normal. because of the hormones from the birthcontrol she said it produces more secretion in the vaginal area which can range in colors and amounts due to the level of hormones. i also read on the internet that there are lots of different hormones in the foods we eat so that can change your levels resulting in different colors of discharge. hope that helps!

Old 07-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #5
    Longview
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Longview HB User

I was on this brand for over a year...and it did nothing but get worse for me. with the only exception of my face clearing up. that helped 100% the whole time. starting about my 4th month taking this pill i got breakthrough bleeding every month after that on my active pills and the bleeding lasted the whole month right past my period. it was so annoying. my gyno wanted me to switch she said it was not strong enough for me. Now im on Yasmin and wouldn't switch for anything i love this pill. my periods were pretty light too but thats nothing to worry about...there suppose to do that when your on the pill. its better than having a 14 day period and you have no idea why. i have a feeling your gonna have to switch at some point again though. the lo is just not a good pill.

Last edited by Longview; 07-16-2007 at 10:33 AM.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:38 PM   #6
    deskette
    Inactive
    (female)

deskette HB User

yeah.... i dont know whats going on with my body. i started my period 7 days ago, and it only lasted 2 days. after 2 days i wasnt bleeding AT ALL. and the 2 days were light, and brown colored. so i took a pregnancy test.. saturday which was 5 days after my period started. the test was negative. i took ANOTHER one, and the test was still negative. so im obviously not pregnant. to clarify, the last time i had sex was over a month ago. so the 2 weeks has passed, if i was pregnant the positive should have shown. i dont know if all the vitamins i take affect my cycle or if this birth control is really just LAME. thank you guys for the reponses. if you still have more to say id love to know!!!!

Last edited by deskette; 07-17-2007 at 07:05 PM.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:07 PM   #7
    Longview
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Longview HB User

it really does sound like to me that your body is still adjusting to this pill..it took me well into 4 5 & 6 months to start having break through bleeding and stuff...so the first 3 months had me fooled into thinking this pill was great. i had the same thing you were describing. so im sure this is the problem. and yes if you were pregnant a test would for sure show by now if u had sex a month ago.
    ive heard any blood you get on your placebos is your period. so im sure you are fine..if anything new happens let us know.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:04 PM   #8
    deskette
    Inactive
    (female)

deskette HB User

alright i will be sure to update. thank you for the responses!

Closed Thread