It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board

• Schizotypal Personality Disorder

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
    akkolon
    (male)

akkolon HB User
    Schizotypal Personality Disorder

A few of my friends said i have this, just to see, i took an online personailty disorder test and it ranked "Very High" , but didnt tell me what it was, is this something i should be worried about?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
    Stallangrad
    (male)

Stallangrad HB User
    Re: Schizotypal Personality Disorder

Look at who its coming from my friend. Are your friends phycologists? Probably not. If you have dout the best thing is to talk to your family doctor, if he sees a problem he will refer you to someone who can help you.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
    SuchGreatHeight
    Veteran
    (female)

SuchGreatHeight HB User

Agreed with Stallangrad.

And you can't base your personality on any kind of online test. Do you feel you have Schizotypy symptoms? Do you know what Schizotypal is?

My advice, is to first look Schizotypal PD up. Seperate your own opinions from a friends amateur readings. If you believe you are having difficultes, talk to your doctor. Or, too start with, a school counselor you can trust.

SGH

Old 07-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #4
    cinemachick
    Veteran
    (female)

cinemachick HB User

That test should be taken off the internet. It is giving people things they don't need to worry about. When I took it, I scored high in most of the disorders...excuse me, but I am not that screwed up!

Old 07-21-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
    strongernow
    Inactive
    (male)

strongernow HB User

I have a degee in mental health and don't know a ton about this disorder but what I do know is that these people generally are odd compared to regular people. They dress odd or out of style, talk about odd situations that not many people care to converse about, isolate themselves from social situations, and have odd hobbies. That is all I know and I am not sure as to how this is a disorder except they might have constant problems making friends and forming romantic relationships.

If you want to be tested go to a psychologist who does assessments for personality disorders (call and ask around) . Usually he will interview you and then make you take an MMPI test (has over 300 questions). Later he will evaluate the results and come to a conclusion.

Last edited by strongernow; 07-21-2007 at 12:31 PM.

Closed Thread