It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board

• On ChAnTiX--Day 5....Being Positive

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-17-2007, 10:51 AM   #31
    duttin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
    Re: On ChAnTiX--Day 5....Being Positive

congrats stenolady----on 2 months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #32
    velveeta
    (female)

velveeta HB User

Stenolady, Congrats on 2 months! I am proud of you! I just had 4 months on Friday and it does get easier!

Old 07-18-2007, 07:39 AM   #33
    StenoLady1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Thanks, folks! And congrats to you-all in your quits, too!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #34
    PixieJen
    (female)

PixieJen HB User
    Cool Re: On ChAnTiX--Day 5....Being Positive

Thanks steno, that helped. I did end up splitting the pills in half and just not taking the other half. First I was taking 3/4 of the pill then just split them in half and I feel fine now and the cravings aren't so bad. This is day 5 without a smoke and I feel pretty good (Better than i ever thought i would without smoking). Just gotta find a good knee brace so I can go run again.
    Congrats on your quit, and everyone else's.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:07 AM   #35
    StenoLady1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Oh, I'm so glad that worked for you, Jen.

I think in a year or so, Chantix will not be prescribed a one size fits all med. There are just too many having issues with the full dosage, whether it's GI issues, nausea, insomnia, lethargy. Almost always these problems subside once the dosage is tweaked a bit.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but after I was quit about a week and successfully avoided the nausea by splitting the pills in half, I thought I could get by on just a half milligram per day. Wrong!!!! I was seriously craving a cigarette and feeling extremely anxious. That's about the time I knew I was going to have to wean off. I'd cut out too much Chantix too quick (and too soon) by going from two milligrams per day (cut in half so four halves a day) to a half milligram per day in a matter of a few days.

Just something to keep in mind if you go too low too quick.

Congrats on five days!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #36
    duttin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PixieJen,

You're doing great,past the hard part.

I have from day 4 of chantix cut the pills in half.I do my darndest to take themthe same time everyday and I have found early evening helps with the insomnia if you have it.

Keep going strong you can beat the cravings your past the nicotine part.

I finally got comfortable with going through a drive through to get a pop.the store clerk,seen me coming and had the 2 paks of cigs and the pop on the counter.I looked at her ,told her the pop would suffice but I had been smoke free for 16 days and intended to stay that way.

I must say getting up and dragging myself to the fitness center every morning has really seemed to help,its pointless to work out if I was still poluting my lungs.There's 2 older gentleman that are running on the treadmills and they are/were smokers and they were talking about chantix,the one gentleman has quit and the other still smokes his 3 cigs a day.They are cute little old men.just had to chuckle at them.At their age I think its awesome that they are cutting back or becoming non-smokers.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:30 PM   #37
    Xenakyna
    (female)

Xenakyna HB User

Hello lovely non-smokers! I'm new here and on day 4 of taking Chantix. Just looking for helpful information here. Started feeling the buzz from the med today and was glad to hear that others on Chantix are having the same feelings. I was nervous that it was just me.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #38
    BeachLover74
    (female)

BeachLover74 HB User

Hello Xenakyna. I'm pretty new on here too but welcome. I'm on day 7 of chantix and tomorrow is my quit day. I'm really excited. So what kind of "buzz" are you feeling? Are you feeling restless? The Chantix actually makes me tired and I feel like I could sleep for days. It's not unbearable though and definitely worth it to help me quit smoking. My mom is taking chantix and also has the tired feeling. In fact on day 6 of taking the med, she forgot her night dose and had trouble sleeping. I think both of us will definitely be weaning ourselves off the med when the time comes rather than stopping abruptly. Anyway, good luck on your quit!!! This board is a HUGE help to me and I'm sure it will give you all the encouragement and support you need.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:03 AM   #39
    Xenakyna
    (female)

Xenakyna HB User

Thanks so much BeachLover74! The buzz I feel could be better described as a little bit of nervous energy and heavier breathing. It's not bad though. I feel it most when I'm sitting still. I took my first night pill last night and did have some trouble sleeping. I'm having very vivid dreams that seem to go on for hours. Like others have said on here, I'm enjoying the dreams too. I had 2 drinks last night with my neighbor and didn't get a buzz from that either. I wonder how this will effect my social drinking.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:31 AM   #40
    PixieJen
    (female)

PixieJen HB User

6th day smoke free.... yay
    I think what is helping me the most besides the Chantix is the fact that I can't smoke inside and my boyfriend doesn't smoke. Also most of friends don't smoke anymore either, and the county I live in went smoke free at the beginning of this month. So luckily I'm not around smokers anymore (unless i go to my parent's house)
    My mom is on Chantix but its taking her a lot longer to give up the smokes.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #41
    BeachLover74
    (female)

BeachLover74 HB User

Awesome Pixiejen! six days - you should be proud. I'm lucky to not be around any smokers either. You can't smoke in restaurants here and no one at work smokes.
    Chantix must be a mother/daughter thing - i keep hearing about mother/daughter teams taking it. I'm surprised my mom quit. She said last night that she's smoked like 80% of her life. Good luck to you and keep up the good work.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:49 PM   #42
    duttin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Welcome new chantix users,I've been on chantix 24 days and smoke-free for 21.

This med works differently for everyone and won't work unless you are absolutely ready to quit.

One side effect I have experienced is digestion irritability and some mild joint pain.But the mild side effects are worth the 21 days of being smoke free.

I am down to half a pill a day to lesson the side effects.

Goodluck stay stronger than the urges and the first 3 days of being a non-smoker is the hardest after that it's just the cravings.

Closed Thread