It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board

• Lexapro-your experiences with it, please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #16
    jendg28
    (female)

jendg28 HB User
    Re: Lexapro-your experiences with it, please

I have Bipolar I. I was misdiagnosed with OCD about 10 years ago and first put on Zoloft. When Lexapro came out, I switched. I was on 60mg for about 2 years. MANIA. It made me soooo manic. Eventually I got diagnosed with BP and my pdoc decreased my dose to 20mg. I currently take Celexa which is the older form of Lexapro because I don't have insurance and can't afford the brand name drugs. I don't have any side effects to report.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #17
    hamstachick
    (female)

hamstachick HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zeyavia View Post
    im still at half a pill...not sure when i will up it
    feeling good...have not had a xanax for two days and no anxiety so that is good...def. feel a dif. even though the past two days i have had a headache and tired...but im getting my period soon so...
    how bout you?

I was wondering how you were doing. =) I am beginning to go a bit higher on it, working to the half. I get headaches more often but not everyday. I can't really tell how I feel. Not nervous all the time, but I do still get panicky.

That is great that you haven't taken xanax for 2 days. I am still taking it several times a day. But not quite as much. I am hoping to cut down on it again like I had been before the PA's came back in March.

I guess you could say that I am feeling a bit more even most of the time, but I still get panicky when I am alone too long, or have to go to the store, or somewhere. So I take a piece of xanax for that, though my husband has gone to Wal-Mart for me the last weekend. I can't go in there now in the middle of the day (or early evening), as it's just so busy!! People and screaming kids everywhere. Too much! Late at night is better. I still brace myself though. ha....

I have a counceler's appt. tomorrow, and I hope I can keep it together for it. She had to cancel the other day because of an emergency-just as I had prepared to leave and had taken my xanax for the trip there. Arg!

I am at my 9 day mark, so that is why I took a bit bigger piece. Going for the hlaf. My pills never break exactly at the half though.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:56 PM   #18
    hamstachick
    (female)

hamstachick HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jendg28 View Post
    I have Bipolar I. I was misdiagnosed with OCD about 10 years ago and first put on Zoloft. When Lexapro came out, I switched. I was on 60mg for about 2 years. MANIA. It made me soooo manic. Eventually I got diagnosed with BP and my pdoc decreased my dose to 20mg. I currently take Celexa which is the older form of Lexapro because I don't have insurance and can't afford the brand name drugs. I don't have any side effects to report.

60mgs. is a lot to take of any ssri, as I understand. I have read on other Lexapro threads that over 20 or 30 is just redundant and really has no effect. Your body was overloaded and freaking out. I had the same thing happen 11 years ago with a dr. that had me on too high of doses of prozac, paxil, and luvox, at the same time. I was in bad shape and took myself off of it all. Jeez! So I was apprehensive to say the least to take another ssri, Lexapro, even though I have read some good things on it.

I am taking a very low dosage so I can try to avoid a lot of side effects and so far it's working. Besides, I am sensitive to meds so I have to take it slow. I will be working to 5 mgs. in the next few days. Well, working towards that now from about 2.5 mgs. Plus repeating my affirmations. It takes an arsonal of stuff to combat it. ha...

I have OCD. It makes it harder to get rid of the anxiety, but I am determined to do all my best to keep at it! =)

I didn't know Lexapro is another form of Celexa. I thought Celexa was newer.

I can only afford the Lexapro because I am going to a clinic and because of our income, I pay a very low copay.

Thanks for your input! Good luck with feeling good!

Old 07-26-2007, 07:23 AM   #19
    zeyavia
    (female)

zeyavia HB User

you need to get a pill cutter...asap...that will help
    i didnt feel the need for the xanax at almost the 3 week mark...but that doesnt mean im done with xanax...lol...i might need one today...i dont know...dont wanna jinx it...plus i havent really dont anywhere sig...but the fact i was panic free for three days with no xanax is new for me...so that is good
    but this period is making me sooooo sick...i hate it

Closed Thread