It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board

• Day 4 on Chantix ~ Help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-16-2007, 02:17 PM   #31
    velveeta
    (female)

velveeta HB User
    Re: Day 4 on Chantix ~ Help

Did not happen to me but I would call the doc if I were you. Just in case. I did have joint pain but that went away after I reduced my dosage on my own. I hope it is nothing to worry about. Let us know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #32
    jaycubed
    (female)

jaycubed HB User

Doc just called me back. She said to not up my dose just yet and to wait until the headache and muscle aches go away before titrating up. I told her I didn't want to have a stroke or anything in my sleep and she said not to worry. Shoot! I was excited to bump up and stop smoking sooner!

Old 08-17-2007, 11:02 AM   #33
    Skimmer
    (female)

Skimmer HB User

Ladies & Gents - it gets easier trust me. I quit back in February on Chantix - only took it for a couple of weeks, then just stopped and went cold turkey. It was fairly easy but you have to really want to be quit and stay quit, which we did. So far, it's been a dream come true!! Today is my 25 weeks, 6 hours, 59 minutes, 3 seconds anniversary of being quit!! I feel wonderful - gained a few pounds, but do NOT miss smoking one little bit. I feel sorry for the people I see still smoking, it's such a horrible drug to be addicted to, I should know!!

So keep up the faith, you can be a non-smoker and you will love yourself for it, I promise it! You'll think, I can't believe I used to smoke, how disgusting!!

Last edited by Skimmer; 08-17-2007 at 11:03 AM.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #34
    jaycubed
    (female)

jaycubed HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skimmer View Post
    Ladies & Gents - it gets easier trust me. I quit back in February on Chantix - only took it for a couple of weeks, then just stopped and went cold turkey. It was fairly easy but you have to really want to be quit and stay quit, which we did. So far, it's been a dream come true!! Today is my 25 weeks, 6 hours, 59 minutes, 3 seconds anniversary of being quit!! I feel wonderful - gained a few pounds, but do NOT miss smoking one little bit. I feel sorry for the people I see still smoking, it's such a horrible drug to be addicted to, I should know!!

So keep up the faith, you can be a non-smoker and you will love yourself for it, I promise it! You'll think, I can't believe I used to smoke, how disgusting!!
    Awesome Skimmer! I'm going to print this out and tape it to my forehead as a reminder and encouragement. LOL

Closed Thread