It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Seeking Ideas on Burning Sensation; Chest/Upper Back Area

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #46
    chablis3
    Veteran
    (female)

chablis3 HB User
    Re: Seeking Ideas on Burning Sensation; Chest/Upper Back Area

Nice to hear from you, Sammy. You may be right about it being National Vacation Week for doctors! I live in Delaware. Nice state with lots of doctors, but can't find one to help me. I have an apointment with a rheumotologist next month, and I am also changing family doctors this coming week. Oh boy, now you have to deal with having your meds changed, on top of pain! What a terrible trial to go through. The doc I went to, the one on vacation, did give me some samples of Celebrex to try, but they didn't do anything for me. Yes, I was wondering if perhaps the inflammation from my back could cause the pelvic pain. Since everything seems to be connected somehow in our bodies, I thought this might be a theory in my pelvic pain. Is your husband having problems as well? You said he will be starting radiation soon. My goodness, I hope he will be ok. I am glad I don't work; I could never get up in time to make it to work. I don't know how you do it being in pain.

Thanks for the mail, Sammy, and good luck with your meds, and my best wishes to your hubby. Prayers to you both.

Judy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #47
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Chab,rhuematalogist may be in my future, doc, mentioned it, thank god my sister has a good one, my husband had cancer a couple years ago(prostate), blood work shows problems, just found out monday, so yes oncologist this tuesday. Change in meds was bad timing, have to return to work after 21/2 weeks off, just talked to my boss today & promised I would give it a try wed. talk about pressure, I am more worried about my husband now. He was the second youngest treated by his surgeon & becoming more common for youner men, one came in a couple weeks after him, scary. I am scared of returning to work to soon but feel pressured. I am taking slow though, & mornings are the worst. I feel god is saying get the bad over with, I give no more then you can handle, you have better to come. Thank you for your prayers & so much for you time & advice. By the way celebrex did nothing for me either. I know when my inflammation is bad more of my body hurts. I am looking into a new cream I will let you know if I find it & if it works. Sammy ps My boss is going on vacation this week to along with all the doctors, what is up with this week?

Last edited by sammyo1; 08-19-2007 at 06:58 PM.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:06 AM   #48
    CHKUEHN1
    (female)

CHKUEHN1 HB User

Hello everyone. Just checking in to see if anyone has found an answer to our pain. I am going to a Chiropractor this morning. Hoping he can at least do something to take the edge off. Been a really stressful couple of weeks. I am the Mammographer as well as the office manager of our practice and we have been short-handed. Of course I get to take up the slack and do 3 jobs. I notice that as my pain worsens during the day, I get more anxious and on edge. I get very emotional and can break down at any minute. Anyone else feel that way? It also makes me sort of paranoid. I have been worried about my job among other things and that is something I have never felt insecure about. Its almost like I cant think rationally.

Anyway, we will see how it goes today.

Have a good one!

Cindy

Old 08-21-2007, 05:23 AM   #49
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

CHK, I do the same, get very emotional, pain is stressfful on its own, throw everything else in there with it work, family ,life, I can be come overwhelmed by just thinking about dealing with some aspect of life. I have been far worse since doc changed meds on friday, back to more pain, I am returning to work wed.(tommorrow), I am scared I am not ready, but work presurring me & fearful of losing job. I am going to try some new topical creams, one used for horses suppose to have a cooling effect & maybe help with infammation alittle. Ill try anything to get some relief, can't get into rehab, doc till sept,10. I really feel for you, Everyday I wondered if I could make it through the day @ work, I was hoping to feel better when I returned. Worried sick. So much pain last night did not even want to cry afraid it would hurt even more. One day at a time, that is how I have to deal with it,maybe tommorrow will be better. I think feeling alittle paranoid may come in because of the pressure of having to perform on the job in pain, we know we are not feeling ourselves & in the back of My mind I always wonder am I giving my best? Sounds like you have alot to handle right now, dont be to hard on yourself all you can do is your best. Sammy

Last edited by sammyo1; 08-21-2007 at 05:29 AM.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:00 AM   #50
    chablis3
    Veteran
    (female)

chablis3 HB User

My goodness, Sammy and Cindy..what the heck is wrong with us ladies? We cdertainly are having our problems, which only us can inderstand! I think I did solve my problem with my pubic pain and burning issue..had an ultrasound today that showed a few fibroid tumors..non canserous, thank god. Doctor said just let them be.....see my gyno for a follow up for meds, I am lucky as to the fact I am retired....64 yrs old and do not have to worry about the working thing. However....you girls have a very heavy load to carry; work, family, etc.

Aw, Cindy..bless you..sure I have wanted to cry and I bet Sammy has been at that point also. Cindy..you need to find a good friend that will cry along..if you can;t.....me and sammy will help.for sure. I cried tonight myself.....might have been the two glasses of wine I had..have not done that for many months.

So as to not make this longer.......my best to you both...and Sammy...my prayers for your hubby..being young is good..he will be ok

Cindy...my best to you....I will be thinking about you! Do your best.

Night girls..take care.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:22 AM   #51
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

chab, glad you found out about the pelvic pain & everything is all right, you don't need anymore problems,going back to work today guys wish me luck.
    Sammy

Old 08-22-2007, 07:19 AM   #52
    CHKUEHN1
    (female)

CHKUEHN1 HB User

Went to the Chiropractor. He said I have functional Short leg syndrome which has caused me to have scoliosis the full length of my spine. There are about 5 locations where it is compensating for the differences in the leg length and my pelvis is rotated. Put a lift in my shoe with 2 adjustments yesterday. Went back this morning for 2 more adjustments and Electronic muscle stimulation. I had some pretty bad muscle spasms yesterday afternoon. He gave me some samples of Biofreeze. That helped alittle. Going back again tomorrow morning.

Has anyone else tried a Chiropractor?

Thanks chablis!

Old 08-22-2007, 04:28 PM   #53
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CHK, I Went to Chiro. back in Nov-Jan, this particular chiro. was so close to what he found in the x-rays(believe or not) & exam,he pretty much told much of what the MRI showed, pretty impessive. I have of leg shorter then the other also, he said that is not uncommon, yours sounds alittle more serious, I did get some relief but had to go all the time & paid out of pocket, condition worsened & got to the point I was afraid to let anyone do much until I know the exact problem, but this chiro(whose whole family does this) pointed out alot of my problems starting with the axis ( I believe its called) being really tilted. My spine is not straight like other peoples. I hope you get relief ,some people swear by them, I may return to Chiro. at some point. Sammy

Old 08-22-2007, 05:39 PM   #54
    CHKUEHN1
    (female)

CHKUEHN1 HB User

My insurance will cover part of the Chiropractor services but I still have a $25 copay at every visit. That could add up quick. I had to pay $105 the first visit because of the xrays. They also gave me a 20% professional discount so that helps. Im going to give it a couple of wks but if Im not seeing any improvement I am moving on to the physical therapy.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:39 PM   #55
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CHK, The amount for visits do add up, they had me coming orginally 3 times a week, I made sure they went nice & easy with me or I got real sore. Like I said I heard people in that office that had tried so many things & swore by the chiro., but it is that kind of thing once you go you always got to go to get relief, gets expensive. Its worth it to get some relief but I just could not keep going when I needed to find the real problem. But hey if it helps you it is worth a shot, right. Let us know if it helps you out, Sammy

Old 08-24-2007, 06:18 AM   #56
    CHKUEHN1
    (female)

CHKUEHN1 HB User

Went to the Chiro again yesterday and he did a Myofascial Release on my upper back. He said I have ALOT of adhesions. That was VERY painful. I am still really sore today and cant tell that it helped any. I go back on Monday.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:07 AM   #57
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CHK, Be sure to express to him how sore you are, What kind of manipulation is he doing, is he using his hands or the machine, & What else is he doing along with this? Hope you don't mind me asking, just aliitle concerned for you & curious. Sammy

Chab, it you see this how are you doing? my upper back & chest area have been really acting up, curious to see how you are doing?

Last edited by sammyo1; 08-25-2007 at 06:10 AM.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:54 AM   #58
    CHKUEHN1
    (female)

CHKUEHN1 HB User

The Chiropractor is doing the adjustments manually. He is not doing alot in the way of adjustments because he doesnt want to get the problem with my C spine flared up. He thinks the scoliosis up high will correct itself in time by wearing the shoe lift so he doesnt want to be too aggressive with my upper back & neck. I have went 2 days without the vicoprofen. (I have never taken it more than once a day even though it can be taken every 4-6 hrs) trying to keep it at a minimum since it is highly addictive and I dont want for it to get out of control. Im not quite as sore today. He did tell me I would be sore for a few days. Its tolerable.
    Sorry to hear you are not feeling so well. Hang in there.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:54 AM   #59
    Arthr Itis
    Inactive
    (male)

Arthr Itis HB User

Must be the Michigan weather, my upper back is killing me! Fred

Old 08-25-2007, 07:35 AM   #60
    MKA290
    (male)

MKA290 HB User

I've had upper back and chest pain and have seen a chiropractor. I have herniated t8/t9 and other invaginations in the thoracic spine. Ever since I stopped seeing my chiropractor (who I've seen for a year and who is a terrific person) I've been feeling better!

Last edited by MKA290; 08-25-2007 at 07:36 AM.

Closed Thread