It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Does clomid work after a miscarriage

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-28-2007, 04:57 AM   #1
    Namibia
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Namibia HB User
    Does clomid work after a miscarriage

Hi Ladies

I do not really know how this whole set up works but I am going to give it a try.

I was just wondering if any of you have had a sucessful pregnancy with clomid after a miscarriage. I got pregnant after using clomid for 4th time but sadly it ended in a miscarriage at 9 weeks. I am now on the Clomid again for the 5th time, but the first time since my miscarriage has anybody had some success?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User
    Re: Does clomid work after a miscarriage

Salut, cherie, my nameis Geneviève-Angélique! Cherie, I am so sorry to hear abotu your angel baby. I hope that this cycle is the one that works for you, my dear!! I am sorry, I cannot answer your question.... in the scheme of things, my medicated IF journey has barely started yet, so I've never been on Clomid, but I know there are many women here who will be able to offer you advice. I wish you alll the best on your IF journey, et please know, we are so here fo ryou.

*******************babydust************* *******

Old 08-28-2007, 07:40 AM   #3
    Namibia
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Namibia HB User

Thanks, it is just nice to know that there are others out there just like me and that I am not alone.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:57 AM   #4
    seeiay
    (female)

seeiay HB User

Hi Namibia! Welcome to the boards. You are definitely not alone in dealing with IF. I am so so sorry for your loss. My story is like yours. My DH and I have been ttc for 2 years. I was prescribed 50mg Clomid for the first time in March '07, but I didn't ovulate. Then I took 100mg Clomid in April '07 and got pg in May '07. Unfortunately, it ended in a m/c on July 4, 2007 due to a blighted ovum. Right now I am on cd14. I was on 100mg Clomid cd3-7 and yesterday I had an u/s to check on my follicles. I am happy to report that I have to good sized follies and a few smaller ones. Now I am waiting to ovulate. I will testing for bfp in about 2 weeks. I'm hoping that the both us will become 2 success stories. Good luck to you! I believe that there is hope for both of us because I think there are a few other ladies here that have been successful.

-Christine

Old 08-28-2007, 11:29 PM   #5
    Namibia
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Namibia HB User

Thanks Christine

I am glad to hear we are in the same boat. I am currently on cd6 and have one more clomid tablet to take. I normally ovulate well on clomid 50mg will see what happens this month. We have been ttc for 2 years as well and have been busy with treatment for the last year now. So I am really hoping that is month is going to be it for us.

I wish you all the best for you test to see if you ovulate. I'll be holding thumbs for you.

Charlene

Old 08-29-2007, 02:05 AM   #6
    rubynz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Charlene

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss, I have never had a m/c but sympathise with you deeply.
    I just want to wish you luck with the clomid. I am sure it will do the trick for you again this time. I am also starting yet another round next month so we can keep each company while we go through the highs and lows of hot flushes and moodiness while awaiting our BFP's!

Ruby

Last edited by rubynz; 08-29-2007 at 02:05 AM.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:38 AM   #7
    Namibia
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Namibia HB User

Thanks Ruby,

The hot flushes are bad this time around which i suppose is a good thing as it means the medication is working. Good luck to you for when you start the clomid. Lets hope for BFP's

Old 08-29-2007, 06:17 AM   #8
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Namibia, I just wanted to check on you to see how you are doing. Is everything all right? Where are you on your cycle?

*************babydust*************

Old 08-29-2007, 07:27 AM   #9
    Namibia
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Namibia HB User

Hi Genevieve-Angelique,

I am on cd6 and still have one more tablet of clomid to take tomorrow morning. I am just thinking positively and hoping that this month is my month. The hot flushes are quiet bad but at least then i know the the medication is working.

Charlene

Old 08-29-2007, 07:30 AM   #10
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Oui, that's a very good way to look at it, at least you know the mes are working, and that's a great sign! I'm thinking positively for you too, cherie!! I hope this month is THE month!

******************babydust************** ******

Closed Thread