It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• I have 7mm pupils and am considering custom intralase Lasik

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
    Illinijay
    (male)

Illinijay HB User
    I have 7mm pupils and am considering custom intralase Lasik

I've heard that larger pupil size may increase the risk of having long-term halo vision. I've also heard that intralase helps to neutralize this risk. What do you guys think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
    mymorocks
    (female)

mymorocks HB User
    Re: I have 7mm pupils and am considering custom intralase Lasik

I just had custom lasik with intralase last week and I did a lot of research about it beforehand because I have large pupils too. When dilated, I have one pupil that is 6.25 mm and the other is 7 mm. The risk of halos and glare is substantially higher with larger pupils which is why the custom wave front with intralase is recommended. In order to prevent halos and glare, the ablation are must be larger than the size of the dialated pupil. The ablation area is larger with intralase than with the blade and the custom wavefront corrects tiny imperfections in the surface of your eye which can cause glare.

Prior to surgery, I could barely drive at night. The glare was so horrible, it was blinding. The glare is now completely gone. I do see halos at night which I am told will probably go away once my eyes have healed but even if it doesn't, it is much easier to see at night now than it was prior to surgery.

I would highly recommend custom lasik w/ intralase if your dialated pupils are larger than 6 mm.

Closed Thread