It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Need help w/ hydrocortisone (cortef) dosing for adrenal insufficiency/ addison's

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-07-2007, 03:50 AM   #16
    ladyfairhair
    (female)

ladyfairhair HB User
    Re: Need help w/ hydrocortisone (cortef) dosing for adrenal insufficiency/ addison's

Sleepy - I know what you mean about having a good day and you might think you are better or that you forget its there at all - then it says BAM hello!

I was wondering what you thought of the Iv's for energy ( Im not sure what they actually call it). Have you tried anything like that?

I tried Well butrin for energy- I helped some - not alot but some so I still take that. Tries Cymbalta for Fibro (anti d) that was horrible.

I have heard latley about people using stimulants and Dopamine meds- I may try that next. If I could just get some energy I would be doing pretty good.

Sorry your feeling so rough -feel better soon- LFH

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #17
    cloud2
    (male)

cloud2 HB User
    Re: Need help w/ hydrocortisone (cortef) dosing for adrenal insufficiency/ addison's

Thanks for reminding be about the FFC, MrSleepy. I called a couple of weeks ago and made an appt here in Dallas. My MD has helped me along for a couple of years now, but she's not been able to tune the combinations just right. I'm hoping they have more experience there.

How are you doing?

From your last post about getting sleepy in the evening, I got to remembering about how I'd drop out of consciousness by 9pm or so... for the last decade or more. I always said that "I fall asleep by 9pm whatever I'm doing, so I figured a long time ago it was best to get to bed for it." Well, about 6 months ago, I moved 5mg of my Cortisol to suppertime, wary that it might interfere with my sleep. No (additional) sleep problems, and the nice thing is... I can stay up until 10 or 11 now, no problem. That in turn makes my sleep a bit deeper because I've held it off.

Closed Thread