It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Getting off Clear & Smooth. On Duac and Differin.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #31
    lovepinkkx17
    (female)

lovepinkkx17 HB User
    Re: Getting off Clear & Smooth. On Duac and Differin.

day 3: a little drier, i know it sounds a little ridiculous since differin takes such a long time to kick in but some pimples have dissapeared within the 3 days i've started using it. my derm reccommended it so i hope it works & i hope that i am almost or 100% clear by september 8th when school starts!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #32
    Anastacia15
    (female)

Anastacia15 HB User

Hey Meruru
    Its been a while about hearing from your updates but i was just wondering if your acne had an ending??

Old 09-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #33
    arcadianskies
    (male)

arcadianskies HB User

I've been on the Duac & Differin combination for about 3-4 months now with very mild improvement. I have what I think is a unique type of acne in that most of the time I get large, explosive whiteheads that sometimes even inflame the surrounding tissue turning it red. What a combination. On top of the weak results from such expensive prescriptions, their combination has led to really embarrasing peeling just under my lips and around the corners of my mouth. I've decided to be done with Duac because it seems to be causing a burning effect and knowing how sensitive my skin is I'm surprised I didn't stop using it earlier.

As someone who's tried everything from Proactiv, to Murad Complex, to Nature's Cure (what the Hell was I thinking?) without substantial results, I'm really wondering what's left for me to use on my stubbornly persistent acne problem. I was hoping my visit to the derm and these scripts would be the end all, but after giving them ample time to work, what other options do I have left? I've researched a little on blue and red light therapy but it seems like it is going to be an expensive route, and as far as Accutane goes I don't think my condition is serious enough.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:06 PM   #34
    Solomon635
    (female)

Solomon635 HB User

Hi, I found this forum while searching reviews for Doryx.

I have always had a little acne here and there, but recently (past 4 months) it has been so bad. There has only been one week when I actually felt good about my face. A week ago, I went to the derm and they prescribed Differin, Duac, and Doryx pills. I began taking the Differin and Duac, both at night (shame on me). A few days later, the area around my cheek and jawline became dry and flaky. I am now taking a break from the gels so my face can rejuvenate. I am still taking 100mg of Doryx twice a day and that seems to be improving the acne somewhat. As soon as my face stops peeling (uck!) I will slowly begin using Differin again. I am nervous about the Duac though. Any suggestions?

Old 11-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #35
    sprklneyes28
    (female)

sprklneyes28 HB User

haaaaaaa well get this!
    i went on differin... retin a... everything...
    nothing worked.. they put me on accutane for 5 months
    and WOW no more pimples... i was 17 at the time im now 20
    this was 3 years ago... 3 years being acne free.. 3 YEARS AND I THOUGHT IT WAS OVER IT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE HAHAHHAHAHAH! noooope! About a month ago i got some kinda infection on my face and now my face looks horrible... sooo guess wat they put me back on .... retin a... differin.. benzaclin... alll freakin 3. so i said to my derm.. why not just put me back on the accutane. ITS IMPOSSIBLE she says to me. simply because the last week i was on accutane i had a mental break down because i was taking more than i shouldve.. i ended up being sectioned and blah blah blah.. and she says "BY LAW if u ever react mentally to the accutane ur done for life" .... i couldve cried when she said that.. are u serious... cant u see my face?! the acne i have no is wayyyyy worse then before the accutane. ACNE ITSELF IS A MENTAL PROBLEM... id do anything to go back on it but nope im stuck doing the same old crap before.. ive been on retin a for 2 weeks since the infection on my face started... little improvement alot of peeling and red marks.. i thought i was outta the deep water. i was wrong. what did i do to deserve the skin i have. my boyfriends disgusted by wat he sees.. im disgusted and my only hope was to go back on the one thing that gave me confidence and i cant... soo heres my advice; if ur lucky enough to get on accutane and u have a mental side effect.. bare through it and dont tell them. cuz ur acne will come back and u will be in square one

Old 11-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #36
    sprklneyes28
    (female)

sprklneyes28 HB User

haaaaaaa well get this!
    i went on differin... retin a... everything...
    nothing worked.. they put me on accutane for 5 months
    and WOW no more pimples it was like a miricle in a bottle... i was 17 at the time im now 20
    this was 3 years ago... 3 years being acne free.. 3 YEARS AND I THOUGHT IT WAS OVER IT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE HAHAHHAHAHAH! noooope! About a month ago i got some kinda infection on my face started out as lil pimples then flared to ***** disgusting pimple on top of pimple and now my face looks horrible... sooo guess wat they put me back on .... retin a... differin.. benzaclin... alll freakin 3. so i said to my derm.. why not just put me back on the accutane. ITS IMPOSSIBLE she says to me. simply because the last week i was on accutane i had a mental break down because i was one of the not so lucky ones who had the bad mental side effect.. i ended up being sectioned in a nut house for a few hours and blah blah blah but once i came off i was fine it was only that last week.. and she says "BY LAW if u ever react mentally to the accutane ur done for life" .... i couldve cried when she said that.. are u serious... cant u see my face?! the acne i have now is wayyyyy worse then before the accutane. ACNE ITSELF IS A MENTAL PROBLEM... id do anything to go back on it but nope im stuck doing the same old crap before.. ive been on retin a for 2 weeks since the infection on my face started... theres a little improvement and alot of peeling and red marks.. i thought i was outta the deep water. i was wrong. what did i do to deserve the skin i have. my boyfriends disgusted by wat he sees.. im disgusted and my only hope was to go back on the one thing that gave me confidence and i cant... soo heres my advice; if ur lucky enough to get on accutane and u have a mental side effect.. bare through it and dont tell them!!. cuz ur acne will come back and u will be in square one except this time no alternative

accutane worked for a few years
    topicals didnt but here i go with them again...

Closed Thread