It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Yaz and pms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
    cassie12290
    (female)

cassie12290 HB User
    Yaz and pms

Yaz is suppose to be good for PMDD but my pms symptoms are horrible! I pms about 2 weeks before my period, and my period hurts a lot. I don't understand how this pill is made for pms help but mine is worse then ever. Am i alone here?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
    ariel11
    (female)

ariel11 HB User
    Re: Yaz and pms

i have the same exact problem..a few days before my period i have the most ridiculous fights with my bf and i cry non stop for no reason. my pms is just terrible. however, yaz is the only pill where i have no spotting and ive lost weight on it so i like it

Old 07-06-2007, 06:44 AM   #3
    sue19
    (female)

sue19 HB User

i am so relieved to know that someone else out there has the same problem i did. pmdd runs in my family, and when i told my doc that i have horrible pms before my periods he recommended yaz, only to find out, i think it made me WORSE!!!! i was always such an emotional wreck! i also fought with my boyfriend all the time, wanted to cry over everything, and just was so moody and everyone said i was a YOU KNOW WHAT!!!! after i took that pill for about 4 months i went back to my doc and told him it wasn't working. i was over being such a psychotic crazy person two weeks out of the month. he switched me over to loestrin 24, which has the same idea as yaz with the shorter and lighter periods. i've been on it for about 2 months now, and so far i've already seen a difference so hopefully after a few more months i'll be fine. good luck to you, it's definitely NOT fun to feel so awful!

Old 08-06-2007, 02:59 PM   #4
    Katie1997
    (female)

Katie1997 HB User

Finally someone else understands! I had been on yaz for like 5 months and I had never experienced PMS like this before! It is the most Uncontrollable emotional rollercoaster. I will start crying for literally no reason and everything bothers me. I thought that yaz was suppose to help with this but it made it 100 times worse. Because this feeling is so uncontrollable you feel so frustrated with yourself and end up taking it out on everyone else. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy and doesn't believe its the yaz or that PMS can really make someone act so differently. I changed to another brand about 2 months ago and it got better almost immedietly. I guess yaz just doesn't do it for some women.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:07 PM   #5
    Will I Be Happy
    Veteran
    (female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User

I'm glad that I'm reading these postings. I already suffer from depression and I am on Cymbalta. I'm supposed to go on Yaz for PMDD but I CAN'T take any more depression. Are their other bc pills that help control the PMDD? I really don't want to go on Yaz if it's going to make me worse. My reason for going on it was to make me better before my period. Before my period, I'm 1000x worse than normal. I'm going to gyno next week but don't want to go on Yaz now. Any advice?

Old 04-28-2008, 10:16 AM   #6
    oceanbeachchill
    (female)

oceanbeachchill HB User

Katie,

You posted a message a while back that you switched from YAZ to another pill that helped you. Can you tell me what pill you switch to? I have been on YAZ way too long and It has been horrible for me. My PMS has gotten horrible.
    I hope to hear back from you.
    thank you.

Closed Thread