It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Floaters

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-17-2005, 02:51 PM   #16
    mistysea

mistysea HB User
    Re: Floaters

I forget how far out you are from your surgery, but I am now 11 weeks out. I will confess to you that I also have been extremely stressed, depressed and have had panic attacks over this. IT'S NUTS! I mean, I thought it might still be blurry after surgery and I might need an enhancement, but I never expected all this other mess. I know there is nothing that I can do physically to speed this along and just be HEALED already, other than be patient. It's so easy to say "It will be ok", but I know that we aren't helping ourselves heal by freaking out and curling into a ball on the couch and crying. It's so hard to say, "Take it one day at a time" but that really is all that we can do. Every time I feel that I might start to cry or freak out over this crazy thing I did, I pray. I do believe God can heal anything WITH TIME, only problem, I suck in the patience department! But again, I think we will all be ok, I pray for all of us. Just use your eye drops, drink your water, try to eat right/healthy and pray, because worrying and crying and stressing and all that won't help us, will it? Remember, I KNOW IT'S EASIER SAID THAN DONE, but we have to try OK?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2005, 03:01 PM   #17
    azebo
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

azebo HB User

I know how you feel, I actually called the hotline number for my Lasik Center today and starting crying on the phone talking to the associate about my headaches. I get so scared and worried and I don't feel like my doctors really care. The lady I talked to was sweet and told me that if I didn't feel like I was recieving good post-op care I should complain to them or the center director. At this time I don't want to do that because these are the doctors who have to take care of me! Anyway, I've been praying every night that my eyes will just heal and I know that God helps those who help themselves so I do everything I can to remedy my situation.

Old 08-22-2005, 05:19 PM   #18
    azebo
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

azebo HB User

Hi Mistysea,
    I just wanted to find out how you are doing! I hope that you are having a great week!!
    Missy

Last edited by azebo; 08-30-2005 at 02:37 PM.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:44 PM   #19
    azebo
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

azebo HB User

Hi Mistysea,
    I just wanted to find out how you are doing! I hope that you are having a great week!!
    Missy

Old 09-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #20
    sonamWONDEReyes
    (female)

sonamWONDEReyes HB User
    Cool Re: Floaters

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mistysea View Post
    SOOOOO did ANYONE have a ton of floaters following surgery that DID GO AWAY with time? Cause this looks like smoke or cobwebs or something in my eyes. My eye doctor says Oh yes you do have a lot. NO REALLY!? I KNOW I HAVE A LOT!!!! I CAN SEE THEM!! Man sometimes I worry these surgeons aren't as bright as we think/hope they are. It seems that the more nearsighted you are, the more floaters you can have. The surgery MAY CAUSE them (esp. Lasik because of the suction to cut the flap), but also when your focus point changes, it can make the floaters you've always had more apparent. I think we should know more about this stuff before the surgery. Would have been nice if the doc said Hey you have so many floaters right now, you really could have a mess on your hands after surgery.....Just a heads up so I could still make a decision ya know? Any way DOES IT GET BETTER!!?? Hey, does anyone with PRK/LASEK have just as many floaters after surgery or is it really just from the suction ring?
    FLOATERRS SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!...........READ ALONG..........

HI HOWS UR FLOATERS GOING ALONG....AND UR EYESITE...I CAN SEE UR RELY STRESSED ABOUT IT! IVE BEEN MEANING TO SEND U THIS MSG FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW...WEN MY FLOATERS FIRST STARTED AFTERRRR LASER SURGERY!

ive got some good news for u.....ive managed to almost get rid off my floaters completly ....like u i was going crazyyyy....i was crying and all sorts coz i had a medical exam 2 days after it all started!! as u can imagine i was flipping mental!

anyways i duno wats reduced the floaters but ill tell u all the things ive been doing that seems to have got RID OF THEM (woohoo):

ok first of all try n relax ur muscles esp shoulders..neck etc....stretch out....take computer breaks....support u bak wen using laptop etc...

also since ive started the GYM..my floaters...have FLOATED AWAY..lol.....(((BUT not muscle training....just do out of breath kinda stuff like the cross trainer or jogging etc....then make sure u STRETCH out..))

well i HOPE that helps u......u can msg me bak for some more advice......!!!!!!!

take care dalringgg.......goood luck with it all.....and REDUCE STRESS too.....dont wory ul be cured in no time!

xxxxx

Old 09-21-2007, 11:11 PM   #21
    Myros
    (male)

Myros HB User
    Unhappy Re: Floaters

Hey guys, new to the board... I have the weirdest problem ever (already tried ******, didn't help)

I had my Lasik Surgery 2 months ago.
    My mother asked me to help her carry some bags to her car today.. I forgot my sunglasses, and I remembered that when I was already down, so I just comforted myself with the fact that I don't have to look at the sun, and I'd be fine..

Came back home, and I have the floaters.. "floating" around.. This is so annoying.

I'm actually becoming paranoid here. Any idea if this is gonna be permanent ? I never had cases of floaters before my lasik surgery.
    (It's been 1 hour now.. yes, I'm freaked out!)

Old 09-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #22
    eyepurist
    (male)

eyepurist HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Myros View Post
    Hey guys, new to the board... I have the weirdest problem ever (already tried ******, didn't help)

I had my Lasik Surgery 2 months ago.
    My mother asked me to help her carry some bags to her car today.. I forgot my sunglasses, and I remembered that when I was already down, so I just comforted myself with the fact that I don't have to look at the sun, and I'd be fine..

Came back home, and I have the floaters.. "floating" around.. This is so annoying.

I'm actually becoming paranoid here. Any idea if this is gonna be permanent ? I never had cases of floaters before my lasik surgery.
    (It's been 1 hour now.. yes, I'm freaked out!)

Nothing is sure but it could fade away by itself in few months, i've the same problem and i feel sorry for you cause i understand the stress it can cause...me too i'm fed up. I'm 8 months post op. Good luck!

Old 09-28-2007, 07:33 AM   #23
    morryah
    (male)

morryah HB User

only came across this now.

i had laser surgery done in april 1999. about 2 months later if not sooner I 'got' loads of floaters in both eyes.

I was completely freaked out.

8 years later the best I can say is that they didn't get any worse.

i have no idea if it's connected to the surgery but it sounds extremely like the situations outlined in the thread earlier. it's too much of a coincidence not to be.

Closed Thread