It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Chromagen Forte Caplet TRX- Need info, please. Am posting lab results as well!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #16
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User
    Re: Chromagen Forte Caplet TRX- Need info, please. Am posting lab results as well!

bananarama--That's great news, all but the kidney stones of course. Hope you were able to pass them and get it over with. Sounds painful I've never had this experience yet. Glad that your numbers are going in the right direction. Do you feel any better yet, or can you tell? Good luck to you. FLFLOWERGIRL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2007, 12:41 PM   #17
    bananarama
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bananarama HB User
    Re: Chromagen Forte Caplet TRX- Need info, please. Am posting lab results as well!

Hey! Thanks! I can't really tell at this point what I am feeling like. I have passed all of the stones, so that is a good thing. My headaches seem to be getting better, so that is a good thing. Am hoping that the rest will get better in time. Still have a lot of fatigue. How long after your numbers start going up do you normally feel like you have energy? Also, I am still dealing with depression, even though I am on meds, so that might be part of the problem as well.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:22 PM   #18
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

I felt my energy come back a little everyday once on iron supplements. After I was no longer anemic I felt a big difference. I still don't have the energy that I had before anemia. I don't know if this could be the Ferritin or something else going on with me. I definitely have something else going on. Thurs. I get results of my MRI C-Spine to R/O MS for the second time. Once the iron is corrected your body just feels better in general and you know when that happens.

You say that you are still dealing with depression. If you are on meds as you say for this and still depressed then I would say that this med is not right for you. If it is not working then you should look into trying a different one until you find one that works. You don't have to feel that way. Feel better soon. FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 09-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #19
    bananarama
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bananarama HB User

Thanks. I have only been on the antidepressant for 2 weeks, and they said it could be months before I feel different, so I don't know. I am hoping that I will feel better soon, that is for sure. I don't really know what is wrong.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:08 AM   #20
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Well, They ruled out MS with another MRI, don't know why they just didn't order both parts to begin with, had to go in twice and I hate that. But my MRI was clean and I am happy for that. This neuro psych did an evaluation testing on me to see if I was depressed because of my symptoms (this is really getting old.) I passed, not depressed but it showed anxiety because of my health he said. He prescribed antidepressants to clam me down. Don't know if I should start on these or not. I have never taken these meds before. I have panic now when I see these doctors because I have seen so many. They gave me Xanax to help relax the muscles in the beginning. That is why he changing meds. They say there is nothing wrong with me. That's because they can't see it! Are your meds starting to work yet? How do they make you feel. I hope not tired! FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 09-18-2007, 06:05 AM   #21
    bananarama
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bananarama HB User

The meds are working for me, but since I am Bipolar, I am not supposed to be on a n antidepressant without a mood stabilizer, and well, I wasn't on one, so now I am in hte hypomanic state, and haven't been able to sleep in almost a week. I have energy as if I had slept (not a lot, but I feel kinda normal), but I am not sleeping at all.
    I am glad that the MRI didn't show MS. I really hope that they can figure out what is wrong soon! Antidepressants aren't bad. But, if it isn't a chemical imbalance, and you are having situational anxiety (because of the situation you are in, you are having it), then I don't see how they help, but I really don't know. My psychology professor (who happens to be my health advocate, as my parents aren't around to support me, and she is like a mother figure) told me that if I went in and they just told me that I was depressed, I shouldn't take the antidepressants, because anyone would be depressed in my situation, and the pills wouldn't help. But when I told her I was Bipolar, she said it made sense, and that I should take the meds then. I hope that you can make a decision that works best for you about taking them. Maybe they will help. Hope you start feeling better soon!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 AM   #22
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bananarama View Post
    But, if it isn't a chemical imbalance, and you are having situational anxiety (because of the situation you are in, you are having it), then I don't see how they help, but I really don't know. My psychology professor (who happens to be my health advocate, as my parents aren't around to support me, and she is like a mother figure) told me that if I went in and they just told me that I was depressed, I shouldn't take the antidepressants, because anyone would be depressed in my situation, and the pills wouldn't help.
    Thanks for this info., it make sense. I haven't started because I think these doctors are so quick to give a drug. It is only a short term fix anyway. I was prescribed Xanax in the first place for doctor apts., it just happened to help with muscle spasms that I have. So they kept me on it. My neuro took me off, thank goodness. Now I still have the pain, tingly and numbness. They say it is anxiety. I REALLY don't think so. I have been under great stress in my lifetime and never had a reaction. But I have had this sensation before and they couldn't DX it then either. They said it will probably go away, and it did after 3 months. This time I have had it for at least 5 months and no answers.

Glad that you are feeling better. You are very lucky to have such great support and knowledge. FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 09-19-2007, 10:25 AM   #23
    bananarama
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bananarama HB User

Thanks! I really hope they can figure out what is causing your pain. It isn't fun not to have a diagnosis when something is wrong. I don't know how willing I would be to try the medication either to be honest. Have you tried going to the Anxiety board and posting your symptoms and seeing if someone there has the same symptoms as you? Maybe you could give that a try. COuldn't hurt. Hope you get some answers soon!

Old 09-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #24
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bananarama View Post
    Have you tried going to the Anxiety board and posting your symptoms and seeing if someone there has the same symptoms as you? Maybe you could give that a try. COuldn't hurt. Hope you get some answers soon!
    Thank you! I have been there as a matter of fact. Their symtpoms are a little different than mine. Just like my symptoms are also that of a stroke but a little different, and the heart has been checked and R/O. I started out on the Lupus board, just reading not posting then MS board, all of these have been ruled out. See, that is why they say anxiety because I show this at my apts. I know there is something going on they just can't see it. I discontinued the Xanax and feel much better. The muscle spasms still come at night? Maybe something is wacked out due to my low ferritin? I think if the Doctors can't DX something then they shouldn't medicate either. FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 09-20-2007, 01:10 PM   #25
    bananarama
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bananarama HB User

I agree about not prescribing medications if they can DX the problem. They have done that with me so many times it isn't funny. I hate that! They can't figure out why I am always in pain, but keep trying out new meds that they say will help. A couple of times they have wanted to do surgery to get out my kidney stones (which at this point I wish I would have gone through just so I could have kept out of the pain I was in a couple of weeks ago with them) to see whether they were causing pain while they were still in the kidney, and the entrie time they were talking about doing the surgery they kept saying it wasn't going to do anything. I didn't go through with it. Oh well.
    Sorry to hear that you have been having so many issues! It isn't fair what some people have to go through. Hopefully as your ferritin rises, you will start to feel much better! I will be seeing next week what my ferritin is. Yay. I hate getting labs done. but at least they are trying to find my problems. Hopefully I will get some type of answers.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:35 PM   #26
    Nyxie63
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User

FLFLOWERGIRL - Out of idle curiosity, have you been tested for food allergies/sensitivies/intolerance? If they haven't been able to find anything else as the cause of your problems, it might lie in what you eat. You might consider looking into it. Food sensitivies can cause the peripheral neuropathy you seem to be having.

I'm going to be doing an elimination/reintroduction diet soon for corn, gluten, and dairy. I'm pretty sure I'm sensitive to corn because, after I eat it (nachos or somesuch), I get palpitations and fatigue.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:30 PM   #27
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bananarama--You have your share of things, but are much younger. I'm sorry that you have so much to deal with too.

I can't imagine having kidney stones either. That must have been painful to say the least. And I hate to go to the ER (phobia) whitecoat. My Hematologist doesn't wear a coat, he's Mr. Stud and wears jeans. He says he does that to make patients feel comfortable. He deals with cancer patients and is very personable.

As far as the meds. I decided not to take them. I don't think that it is necessary. As long as the pain isn't too bad. Sometimes I just want to scream!

Your so lucky to go to MAYO. I often think about that. Your much closer than I am. It would be a little trip for me. I get new insurance in 90 days, I'll have to see if they will cover me then.

I went to the Neuro today for Nerve Conduction Testing, I'll go back on Monday for the results. At least the tech said that this will R/O about 4 more things.

Nyxie--Funny you should say that about the peripheral neuropathy I was just tested for this today. I do have food allergies but they have never given me a problem that I know of. I had this happen before about 20 yrs ago and it went away. They couldn't find it at that time either. This is so much more. It starts in my neck, shoulders, left side of my face both arms and both feet. It makes my head fell like a hangover--(not that I would know what that is like) LOL. And... I am heat sensitive. and have weakness sometime in my legs. I was on the couch for 3 months. In this first three months of being sick I thought it was the anemia, the head stuff. It wasn't until I was over the anemia that I realized I was still sick with this. Before I start my period now I feel like I have the flue.

The doctors only pick the symptoms that they want to listen to and address only those. When I ask questions they say you don't have this and that, it's anxiety. They are the one's causing this undue stress for me.

Monday I go back ( to doctor #9) and see what they have to say, and tell them I don't want their meds. I thought that I was a ********* getting off the Xanax with withdraws. That was crazy.

Sounds like maybe your thyroid might be acting up??? You think that it is food? Have you ever had allergy testing done. I used to take shots for it. Not for foods though. Thanks for your ideas. I'm going to go search for myself more on this tonight. Whatever I have came on 3 days after my DX with anemia 8.5 and Ferritin 2. Maybe it's just related to that somehow??? I'm really tired trying to figure things out. Thanks to you both for all your support. I will let you know when we figure something out. Until then......FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 09-22-2007, 03:33 AM   #28
    Nyxie63
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FLFLOWERGIRL -

Wow! I had no idea things were that bad for you. I'm so sorry. Have you considered seeing a good Osteopath (And I mean a *good* one. Not the kind my PCP is) or Holistic MD? They can quite often figure out things conventional drs don't even think to look for. Btw, what are your potassium and sodium numbers like? I can ask my Holistic MD if he knows anyone in your area he'd recommend. It couldn't hurt and many of them take insurance.

I'm pretty sure my reaction is to the corn itself. Don't get the palps every time after eating anymore, but noticed it when I have something that's obviously processed corn-based (like corn chips or nachos) and the fatigue afterward is a pretty good sign too. Going to bring it up to WonderDoc when I see him. It's going to be a loooong appointment. LOL!

Old 09-22-2007, 08:02 AM   #29
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nyxie63 View Post
    Have you considered seeing a good Osteopath

what are your potassium and sodium numbers like?

I'm pretty sure my reaction is to the corn itself. Don't get the palps every time after eating anymore, but noticed it when I have something that's obviously processed corn-based (like corn chips or nachos) and the fatigue afterward is a pretty good sign too. Going to bring it up to WonderDoc when I see him. It's going to be a loooong appointment. LOL!
    Oh yes indeed they are! The strange thing is, at the lowest numbers that I had at DX, I didn't even feel it or know that anything was wrong, basically felt great. Until........one day I cleaned the bathroom and almost blacked out. Then I went to my Endo. He sent me with lab results to my PCP and he started me on iron. Didn't know what to give me so he sent me to the Pharm, they said, Ferris Sulfate 3X. Within 3 days of this I became very weak with enteritis for 3 months. Ended up in the ER and they just sent me home after getting mad at me for being there. By that time I was no long anemic .

They thought that it was the iron. Went off the iron became anemic again and still enteritis, so the GI doc said it's not the iron now. I was so ill I had all of my doctors calling me at home, not their MA's. It was really crazy. That's how I know that it is not stress related. I've just been really ill and they don't know why. My thinking is that I got so run down that whatever was lurking about in my body decided to take over. I think it's an alien ! Can't wait until Monday to chat with my Neuro and get results. I see my PCP the next day and I'm going to request my Ferritin to see what's happening with that. My hair is 95% corrected since hitting 20.

This might sound dumb, but what does an Osteopath do? Holistic, no way. My sister keeps saying that too. But, in my situation I feel that I need more conventional medicine and their knowledge. For what that's worth?

I have listed my lab values below:
    Sodium, Serum is 138.......... range 135-148
    Potassium, Serum is 4.1........range 3.5-5.5. What does this tell you? This was done on 5/30.

I was getting Palps so bad when I was anemic. But never with food. I also got it after I ate due to the digestion process. Glad you aren't having this anymore. My doctors would tell you that it is STRESS and ANXIETY! L WAY OL. Fatigue after eating, could it be something about the digestion process like the Palps were for me? That is so hard, the diet to try to figure it all out. I did food testing many years ago, came up corn, wheat and peanuts, but it doesn't seem to effect me. I don't know what I would do without NACHOS. I wonder if you would react to the blue corn this way?

Thanks so much for your thoughts, it really IS greatly appreciated. Going crazy here, literally. By the time they get done with me, I will need their drugs! Can't wait to see what you have to say about my labs? FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 09-22-2007, 08:23 AM   #30
    Nyxie63
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FLFLOWERGIRL - Just stopping in quick before heading out this weekend. Going to a wedding. Agh! People! LOL!

Anyway, on your labs, your sodium's kinda on the low side and so is your potassium. While both in range, they do suggest that your aldosterone and renin are low. Might not hurt to get those tested. Just make sure they're done around day 7 of your menstrual cycle. If done in week 2 or 3, you might come back with an artificially high level. This is also a fasting test. No salt the day of or before getting these tests done. All this points to something funky with your adrenals.

Will be back some time tomorrow night. Take care!

Closed Thread