It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• considering Lasik...trying for a family....do I have to choose?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-26-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
    airline
    (female)

airline HB User
    Question considering Lasik...trying for a family....do I have to choose?

I'm -10, and was misinformed till a few days ago, believing my eyesight was too poor for Lasik. My cornea's thick enough, they were only slightly concerned re. pupil size, but having checked it out they're satisfied at clinic, that I don't require the constricting drops, so there's just the finance to look at

BUT, we're trying for a family also, and we'd read that pregnancy changes the shape of the eye, and affects healing, and it's not recommended for 6 months after surgery. The optomotrist at the clinic, said pregnancy 'may' affect my vision, but corrective surgery after can be done. (as an aside, I'm in Australia, and our clinic offers any future treatment required free)

Has anyone else had surgery and pregnancy's altered vision? How likely is it to occur? - oh and by the way, my hubby set me up on this website.....and I'm a 32 yr old female not male as my info. states! - just in case you wondered about the pregnancy bit!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2007, 04:16 AM   #2
    Skylar_
    (female)

Skylar_ HB User
    Re: considering Lasik...trying for a family....do I have to choose?

I am also wondering about this as we'd like a family and were planning to wait the 6 months. My Lasik is next week. I asked my doctor and they also recommend waiting the 6 months but he did say that the changes in sight during pregnancy are temporary, while you're pregnant.

If anyone knows more about this, please post! Thanks!

Closed Thread