It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Severe, Chronic Abdominal Pain...Anyone else experience this?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-16-2007, 04:11 AM   #1
    SteelTownPain07
    (male)

SteelTownPain07 HB User
    Severe, Chronic Abdominal Pain...Anyone else experience this?

Hello All,

I was diagnosed with Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency this past April. One of my primary symptoms was severe abdominal pain. The docs were confident that the prednisone would cure the abdominal pain, but that has not been the case. The pain has proceeded to get worse even after trying stress doses of prednisone, and going through every test imaginable.

My PCP has consulted my GI and Endo docs....and they are all in agreement that the pain I am suffering from is nerve damage caused by the adrenal insufficiency going undiagnosed for so long. I have posted in the Pain Management boards about the issue itself, but I am curious if anyone else has experienced, or is experiencing, something similar. It would be nice to know I'm not alone on this one!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #2
    a-l
    (female)

a-l HB User
    Re: Severe, Chronic Abdominal Pain...Anyone else experience this?

Hi,
    Well, you are not the only one! My turn to ask a question: does it help to lessen your abdominal pain to have had it properly checked by the medical profession? Because I don't have proper medical care, due to money reasons and I am at a loss with what to do. I suppose, like me, all what's left is to endure. What do you tell others to explain this?
    Thanks,
    a-l

Closed Thread