It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• Going for an endo biopsy Monday, I am scared.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-13-2007, 08:49 PM   #16
    hotdam
    Veteran
    (female)

hotdam HB User
    Re: Going for an endo biopsy Monday, I am scared.

Belle, it wouldnt hurt to see your doctor, when was the last pap you had done? I was getting my periods twice a month you are only getting them twice a year. But still if you are concerned I would call your Gyno.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2007, 09:11 PM   #17
    mbbasketball
    (female)

mbbasketball HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belle2003 View Post
    Ladies,

I am premenopausal. I have had in between spotting twice this year. I know that this can happen when you are getting close to menopause. I panic when it happens because I know it could be signs of cancer. My question to you is how long did you wait to go see the doctor about this? Did you go because of the frequency? I still get my monthly period, but like I said about twice a year I get in between spotting.

Thank you in advance.
    Liz
    I had my biopsy done because of bleeding after intercourse. When I said something to my gyn at my yearly visit, she said it could be due to perimenopause. When the bleeding continued for 4months after wards, I called them, she told me it was do to inflammation that showed up in my pap. They failed to tell me this when I got my pap result 4 months earlier. Had the biopsy done, now scheduled for a D&C with hysteroscopy later this month. My biopsy showed some endometrial cell possilbe due to fibroid/polyps. I was told most likely not cancer. So now almost a year later, I am hoping to get some answers finally in a few weeks.
    Found out though all this, that you really do need to push your doctor for answers and not to push everything off to "perimenopause".

Old 10-14-2007, 11:53 PM   #18
    Belle2003
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Belle2003 HB User
    Smile Re: Going for an endo biopsy Monday, I am scared.

To Hot dam and Mdbasketball: Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. It is nice to talk to others in the same situation. Whenever I ask friends or relatives if they have had similar stuff happen to them, they always so no and act like my body is abnormal.

I am getting my monthly period, but about twice a year I will get it twice in one month. I had my pap done in July and it came out normal. I get a pap done yearly.

I guess this second period is freaking me out a little. It is a lite period which is nice. No cramping or bloating like a regular period. What little blood is brown, but there is just a lot of clot like stuff. It is the clot stuff that is unnerving me.

I am 50 and I had surgery in February to remove suspicous breast tissue. Thankfully it was benign. Since then I have become this parnoid worry wart about my health. When you get my age you are supposed to be skipping periods, but instead mine are sometimes doubling. I get jealous when I hear about those who don't get their periods for 4 months.

Hot dam, were any of your second periods ever a lite flow, dark and clotty?
    I apologize if my description grosses anyone out.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:56 AM   #19
    Judiannmel
    (female)

Judiannmel HB User

I'm 49. This past August I got 2 periods in one month. I've skipped months but never had 2 in one month before. My pap in April was normal. I went to a new Ob/Gyn (my last one stopped taking insurance all together!) and she ordered an pelvic ultrasound. She said it could just be perimenopause. My lining was 7mm (but it was on the first day of my period) and their was fluid in my cul-de-sac. Otherwise everything looked normal. She said I could wait and see if it happens again and then do a biopsy. I decided to go ahead with the biopsy just for peace of mind. I had an endo biopsy last Thursday. I have a good tolerance for pain and that was painful. If I had to do that again I would for sure take something stronger than 3 advils. It is over fast though. Now I'm waiting for those results. When things like this happen, I become such a worry wart too. I'm obssessed with looking info up on the internet. Which is probably not good! The waiting is SO hard.

I just found out too that I had a cousin who got uterine sarcoma (the untreatable one) when she was 32 and passed within a year. Now I'm REALLY scared. Does anyone know how important it is if a cousin has a cancer???

The second period I had was a normal period, the same as the others.

Last edited by Judiannmel; 10-15-2007 at 11:58 AM.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:27 PM   #20
    hotdam
    Veteran
    (female)

hotdam HB User

Judi, I am sure you will be just fine, my doctor has told me in terms of genectics and cancer, it is based on immediate family mother, sister, brother. I wouldnt worry too much. tell us the results when you get them.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #21
    chodin
    (female)

chodin HB User

Had my endometrial biopsy on Thursday and it was no big deal. I had myself all worked up for nothing. I wish everyone would have and easy time with it, but it took all of 10 seconds. I had a little cramping, even with taking 800mg ibuprofen and a little spotting for a day. Now the wait for results, which I'm not really too worried about since I have now found out that I have thyroid issues....sure answers a lot of other questions about symptoms I've been having. I also found out that this is very common when you start menopause, which is also happening. My best to you all!

Old 10-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #22
    Judiannmel
    (female)

Judiannmel HB User

Chodin, I'm glad it went so easily for you. Oprah had a show recently on just that subject of thyroid issues at this time of our life. I watched the show but really didn't learn anything. So far my thyroid is ok. But it sounds common.

Hotdam thanks for making me feel better. I would think it is more important to look at your closest relatives. I can't even imagine what my cousin was going thru ( that was 17 years ago) being 32 with 2 small children and having something odd like that.

Still waiting for my biopsy results. If I don't hear from her by 2 weeks, I'm suppose to call. I did request my pap results so I now have the actual report in my own file. I'm asking for copies of everything now. My last period and this period will be normal timing. No more extra periods.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:30 PM   #23
    chodin
    (female)

chodin HB User

Judi- Thanks for your support and thanks, too, to the rest of you gals! This website has been a godsend for me and I appreciate everyone putting their lives and personals 'out there'. I'm glad you don't have thyroid issues, Judi, as they can be tough depending on the diagnosis.

I showed my labs (TSH & T4) to the doc I work with and he chuckled and said I need a thyroid uptake and scan to determine how hyperthyroid I am. My symptoms are classic, but since I had been so sick with other unrelated symptoms, the thyroid labs weren't checked. Who'd of thunk it? So, I'm predicting I'll need a little iodine therapy to knock it down to where it should be. I'm enjoying being able to eat what I want right now and not gaining weight, but the tremors and palpitations are annoying. You should know your results soon, so please let us know, too. Have a nice weekend!

Last edited by moderator2; 10-20-2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: peer sharing only

Old 10-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #24
    Judiannmel
    (female)

Judiannmel HB User

Ok, I'm just shaking. My Ob/gyn's office called me to make an appt for me to talk to the Doctor about my endo biopsy results. That isn't good at all. And I have to wait until Thursday morning for the appt. I'm going to be a mess till then.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:04 PM   #25
    hotdam
    Veteran
    (female)

hotdam HB User

Judi, dont worry they dont give those results over the phone good or bad, I had to see my doc too to get a result of normal, I am sure you will as well, hang in there..

Old 10-22-2007, 02:09 PM   #26
    Judiannmel
    (female)

Judiannmel HB User

Thank you again, hotdam for making me feel better! I'm very scared. The thing is I am in great health otherwise. So scary that after a diagnosis your whole life is changed forever. Keep me in your thoughts girls for a good outcome. I'll let you know what happens on Thursday. Best wishes to all waiting for results.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #27
    Belle2003
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Belle2003 HB User

When I had a surgical breast biopsy, they made me come to see the breast surgeon to find out the biopsy was benign. My blood pressure was so high that visit. Good luck!

Old 10-22-2007, 05:20 PM   #28
    Judiannmel
    (female)

Judiannmel HB User

Thanks Belle2003 for your post. It helps to read other's experiences. I think Doctors sometimes forget how worried we are about our results. I'll probably end up with an ulcer after all this!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:30 PM   #29
    hotdam
    Veteran
    (female)

hotdam HB User

Judi, we are all here for you, let us know what happens.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:44 AM   #30
    Judiannmel
    (female)

Judiannmel HB User

Everything is fine!! I went in for my appt at 8:30 this morning. She told me right away that this was nothing terrible but something to take care of. I was SO happy and told her how scared I had been waiting. And she felt bad. She said usually she would have just called but she needed to give me a prescription.

So my biopsy was normal but showed that I'm not ovulating even though I get periods some months and the irregular bleeding. Too much estrogen and not even progesterone. This was my best case scenario!! Too much estrogen can make the uterine lining too thick and set up an area for cancer to grow. So she is putting me on a capsule of Prometrium (Progesterone) everynite for 12 days a month to regulate my hormones.

From what I've read and I've been doing ALOT of reading, this can be very common in perimenopause. I am so so relieved.

Thank you so much for the support!! I know how it feels to wait for these tests so I hope I can give support to anyone who needs it.

Closed Thread