It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• Going for an endo biopsy Monday, I am scared.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-25-2007, 06:50 PM   #31
    chodin
    (female)

chodin HB User
    Re: Going for an endo biopsy Monday, I am scared.

Judi - I am so happy to hear that all is well! The wait to today's appointment had to be excruiciating. I'm still waiting to hear about my biopsy (last Thursday); I've been having my thyroid tested, so my focus has been shifted quite a bit, thankfully. I wish you well with the rest of this journey. We are all faced with different challenges and it's how we respond that allows us to share our knowledge and face the unknown. My best to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #32
    Judiannmel
    (female)

Judiannmel HB User

Thank you chodin! Let us know how your biopsy results come out too. And I hope they get your thyroid straightened out. I bet you will feel so much better!

Old 10-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #33
    hotdam
    Veteran
    (female)

hotdam HB User

I am very happy for you Judi, I knew you would be ok, we all freak waiting and it is a normal emotion. I just wish they wouldnt do that to us and just hurry up and let us know asap via phone, email, vm whichever.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:22 PM   #34
    MoLu
    Inactive
    (female)

MoLu HB User

I just have to join this thread. I can so relate to all of this. I just got the results to my biopsy and not good. I have complex hyperplasia atypia. Pre uterine cancer. I am so thankfull I reacted to some symptons and didn't blow them off like I was close to doing. Don't know what the next step is but probably surgery. Will meet with the dr next week to hear my options. I am 56 and thought I would never go thru menopause. Finally last Easter I stopped having my periods and said about time! All of the sudden I started again but it was just too heavy. I know perimenopause can be weird so I waited several days and it just didn't seem right so called the nurse at my gyno to get some advise. They suggested ultrasound and biopsy. So glad I called I can't tell you. Ladies listen to your bodies. If something doesn't seem right check it out. I have been very healthy most of my life until the past two years and everything is going to .... Have thyroid problems too. Husband was dx with prostate cancer 6 months ago and now this. I have my colonscopy scheduled for the 4th so I had better keep that appt too. You're so right about taking stock in the medical field. I truly support all their luxury yachts! Though I have to admit a good dr is worth their weight in gold.
    Good luck to all that are waiting for their results.
    Molu

Old 10-26-2007, 09:33 PM   #35
    Judiannmel
    (female)

Judiannmel HB User

Big hugs to you MoLu. SO good that you went to the doctor with your symptoms. You can be so proud of yourself for that. And it makes you feel more in control. It is so easy to make excuses why they are happening. Best to have tests to make sure. Uterine cancer from what I've read (and I've been reading ALOT!) is very slow growing and yours is pre cancer so you caught it. You and your doctor can make the right choices for you and your health and you will be fine. The more I read about all this, it seems so common. I just started reading "Ageless" by Suzanne Somers and I'm finding it very interesting. I can't believe that your husband is having his own problems too. I hope he will be ok too. When it rains it pours. Not fair. Please look here for support whenever you need it. We will be here for you. I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts.

Judi

I just looked at where you are from. My husband and I both grew up in Wisconsin. And we lived in Wauwatosa for a year after getting married.

Last edited by Judiannmel; 10-26-2007 at 09:35 PM.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #36
    chodin
    (female)

chodin HB User

Molu - Thank you for bravely sharing your story. I hope your doctor takes you down the right path and restores you to good health. What are your thyroid issues? Everything at once for you. Just curious since I just found out I'm hyperthyroid, but don't know yet if it's temporary (menopause related, viral) and am having a bunch more blood work done next week. I'm getting my hormones drawn, too, just to see how much into the menopause I am.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #37
    Judiannmel
    (female)

Judiannmel HB User

Chodin keep us up to date on your thyroid tests. We can learn so much on these boards. Things we wouldn't think of that could be happening to us too.

From Wisconsin, we moved to Tucson, AZ. We lived there for about 14 years. Our son now lives in Phoenix and we love going there to visit. We hope to move back to AZ at some point. I think it is so beautiful there.

Judi

Old 10-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #38
    MoLu
    Inactive
    (female)

MoLu HB User

Hi all-
    Thanks for your kind words. You know must of everything that has happened to me I've stumbled upon and was always blaming menopause. Most of my life I'd do my yearly checkups and say so long doc. Never had to take any medicine. Then maybe 2 1/2 years ago I stumbled onto one thing after another. First my foot started going numb. Said that's not right so I'd better check it out. First thing they did was do blood work and it happened to be a PA since the dr wasn't available that day. She ordered up an ultrasound of my leg since I was worried about thrombosis causing the numbness. She called to say my thyroid was low, I was B-12 deficient and I had baker cysts behind my knee. So they put me on thyroid medicine which made me feel much better. I thought my lack of concentration was to be blamed on perimenopause. Nope thryoid. Went to an Orthopedic Sureon on my numb foot and he could find nothing wrong. So I said the only other thing that was hurting was my knee. Did an MRI and found I have a rare disease in my knee called Synovial Chondromatosis which produces benign soft tissue tumors. From there on nothing has gone right. 3 knee surgeries and the tumors keep growing back. The tumors compressed my nerves and have permanetly damaged a nerve so my foot and calf are still numb. Need a knee replacement now, husband has PCa and now this pre cancer scare. I must have been very bad in my other life! I just had my thyroid checked recently and needed a rx changed. Was getting that confused feeling again so thought I should check it out. Also have arthritis in my back and have been going to a spine clinic for help because it seems my back has been hurting more than usual. I'm wondering now if the back pain is related to this problem. Could be. Also have been very itchy and mysterious rashes come and go. Have you ever heard of cancer and rashes? I will be asking the dr when I go next. From what I have read it says that most women my age with this pre-cancerous problem do have a hysterectomy and they often find concurrent cancer within the uterus on inspection. So glad I've caught this early. They say if you live thru your 50's your 60's will be fine. I'm banking on it!
    Thanks for letting me ramble. It helps for me to share. You're all good listeners!
    Molu

Old 10-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #39
    Judiannmel
    (female)

Judiannmel HB User

MoLu, I can't believe all you've been thru. It teaches us not to blame everything on menopausal symptoms. Here's wishing you a real easy time in your 60's, 70's and 80's - you sure deserve it!!

Please ramble anytime you wish!!

Hugs,
    Judi

Old 10-31-2007, 10:12 PM   #40
    mzchris58
    (female)

mzchris58 HB User
    Talking Re: Going for an endo biopsy Monday, I am scared.

i am also going for a biospy on the 12th of this month. Yes i can concerned. The doc is nice and going to p0ut me out for it. All this cancer talk to me is all very new. Ihaven't had a pap in at least 5 years. i have had some bleeding well nothing red so i had no idea to get it checked out. It has always been more like brown so how was i to know it was blood. i don't what else to say about it but until today i have been thinking that it is not going to be cancer. I keep praying and hope things work out for you all on the boards. i also have somthing called fibromyalgia. As far as i am concerned i think that is enough for me and anyone else do deal with.

chris

Old 11-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #41
    chodin
    (female)

chodin HB User

Ok, finally got some results. No cancer in the endometrial biopsy. But, the doctor is suppose to call me back after she reviews it further and I may need to go in. Not sure what else might be going on, if anything. I'm wondering if this is all tied to my Graves Disease (diagnosed last week), considering some of the symptoms. I just want to feel better. I was telling a collegue what was going on with me and she wanted to know if I was going to be ok with gaining weight (going hypothyroid) once I got treated! What an idiot! (She deserved that!) I'll be ok with feeling good; how about that!

Chris - My best to you. Hang in there and keep us all posted. No matter what we are handed, I think we are given the strength from above to deal with it.
    -ch

Old 11-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #42
    Judiannmel
    (female)

Judiannmel HB User

chodin that is so great about your biopsy results. I bet you are so relieved about that. What an insensitive person your collegue is. All you care about right now is to be healthy. I hope you are feeling back to yourself soon. Keep us updated!!

Hugs,
    Judi

Last edited by Judiannmel; 11-06-2007 at 06:50 PM.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:46 PM   #43
    chodin
    (female)

chodin HB User

Thanks, Judi! I appreciate your kindness. I'll be having radioactive iodine treatment on Friday to tone down my hyperthyroid. I suppose I should move on to that thread, but I've really felt the compassion being part of this one. I notice you are from Irvine....I spent some time there handling my aunt's estate about 10 years back...what a lovely area of California, truly one of my favorites!
    -c

Old 11-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #44
    shisslak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

Hi everyone

I am new to this site. I had an endo biopsy last week (11/14) and I hope to have my results by Weds (11/21). My doctor did the biopsy because on U/S my endometrium measured 18mm. I took tamoxifin for only 9 months about 1 1/2 years ago. I guess he thinks that there is a remote but small chance that this may be cancer; however, he really thinks it is probably a polyp which he plans on removing next week. (he scheduled my for d/c hystroscope right away so that I would not have to wait six weeks for an available OR time). The biospy really did not bother me-I experienced some small cramping and some back ache for which I took some extra strength tylenol.

I am intested to hear if anyone has undergone an Breast MRI with results that showed an increase in uptake to what the Rad said is common for premenapousal; however, very strange in a post menapousal women. My doctor has drawn blood to determine if my estrogen level is high. I am wondering if the issue of high estrogen and endometrial thickning are related.

Thanks

Old 11-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #45
    Judiannmel
    (female)

Judiannmel HB User

Hi shisslak,

Welcome! Waiting for these test results are not any fun but it really helps to share with others that are going thru the same things.

You asked "I am wondering if the issue of high estrogen and endometrial thickning are related." Yes they are. If you have high estrogen and low progesterone your lining could thicken. That is what my endo biopsy showed. Now I am taking Prometrium (progesterone) 12 nights a month. I've only taken it 1 month so far and start again on Saturday. So far I have no problems with it and it makes me sleep really well. Adding the progesterone should help in ovulation in order to shed the lining. I have no info on the MRI.

Best Wishes on your test results and keep us updated.

Judi

Closed Thread