It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• I'm 9 weeks. Just found out I miscarried. Having D&C on Monday. Scared.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
    CW1984
    Veteran
    (female)

CW1984 HB User
    Unhappy I'm 9 weeks. Just found out I miscarried. Having D&C on Monday. Scared.

Hi ladies. Well I am so sorry that we are all going through this or have gone through this. I really need some advice from all of you. I'm so sad. I'm 9 weeks. Yesterday, I felt this heaviness, weight in my lower abdominal area. Nothing excruciating but uncomfortable. I called the doc this morning and was advised to come in for an U/S. We found out there was no activity and no longer a heartbeat. We saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks... it was 103 so we took that as a good sign. I haven't had any bleeding...yet. I went ahead and scheduled a D&C for Monday morning but I am so scared that I am going to begin bleeding before Monday and have to go to the ER to have one. I'm so scared on top of feeling just broken. How much pain can I expect to be in after the procedure??? The doctor did say that this will not affect my chances of conceiving and having a healthy pregnancy later but I can't help but to worry and wonder if I will have trouble. One other important thing, before the D&C, do they by chance do another ultrasound or anything??? I'm 9 weeks and the baby measured 8 weeks and the dr. didn't exam me or request any blood work and it's not that I don't believe the ultrasound, but do they double check or anything??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
    MomtoaPuggle
    (female)

MomtoaPuggle HB User
    Re: I'm 9 weeks. Just found out I miscarried. Having D&C on Monday. Scared.

Hi CW-
    I just had a D&C last week- I was seven weeks pregnant, and there was a gestational sac, but nothing else.
    My recovery has been great physically- but emotionally things are still a bit rough.

Immediately after surgery I felt like I had just ran a marathon- my legs were so sore from being elevated for so long.
    I had cramping for about two days- nothing awful though.
    I bled very light red for about three days...

I feel great now, almost as if nothing ever happened. That's the weird part.
    Emotionally, I still get tearful. But that is likely from the hormones left in my system.
    Hang in there-- and remember, that you will get through this!

Old 10-27-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
    CW1984
    Veteran
    (female)

CW1984 HB User

----------------------

Last edited by CW1984; 10-27-2007 at 05:28 PM.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
    CW1984
    Veteran
    (female)

CW1984 HB User

Momtoapuggle... I am so sorry! Even though my d&c was well over a month ago, I still check and read the pregnancy boards and I remember you from your not so good first ultrasound. I am so so so sorry this has happened.

I know how emotionally crushed you are about this. I was an emotional wreck the first 2 weeks following the d&c. Just take the time to grieve your loss. I was off for a week and when I went back to work, I was dreading it b/c I knew I would have to listen to all of the "I'm sorry's" from my coworkers. For the first week back, the second I would get off work and get in my car, I would just break down in tears. It's been 6 weeks since my d&c, and I still get so upset and angry that this happened. Just take 1 day at a time...

On the positive side of things, feel lucky that, physically, you are recovering well! I started bleeding a few days after the d&c, and today marks 5 weeks STRAIGHT that I have been lightly bleeding. It's awful! This really upsets me b/c it's been over a month and I'm ready to heal and begin TTC again and I know I can't b/c my body is taking FOREVER to heal! And it's really hard to recover emotionally when I go through everday continuing to bleed which just reminds me of what has happened.

Take your time to recover and best wishes to you. Your time will come... I promise.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
    MomtoaPuggle
    (female)

MomtoaPuggle HB User

Hi CW-
    You're in my thoughts and prayers...
    I didn't tell anyone at work, which makes things even stranger.
    I've started to notice that people say the dumbest things!!

Hang in there, and keep me posted!~!

Closed Thread