It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Iodine (Iodoral)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #16
    Meme
    (female)

Meme HB User
    Re: Iodine (Iodoral)

Hey there all...HEY JOJO

I started taking Iodoral about 6 weeks ago...I have worked up to 3 in the am and have not noticed a THING...I had my appt yesterday with Dr.P's office and Mike has now increased it to 4 in the am and then 1 in the afternoon and do that for a week then increase the afternoon dose.

He said that obviously I need a larger dose.

I have been so bummed cause I have NOT been feeling well at all.
    He also added Niacin and Selenium because he said these 2 supplements would help the Iodoral work better. So we shall see.

JoJo you know how long I have been suffering and how long I have been going to Dr.P's which is now 3 years. Mike is just as frustrated as I am.
    I am so fatigued in the day it's just ridiculous. I can't plan anything and I am just taking it day by day.

Well we had touched on the subject of Lyme before but he brought it up again yesterday. Back when I was doing all the antibiotic protocols he said that if I did have Lyme that would help. I actually do know I felt a bit better on antibiotics.
    So we decided that we would start me on doxy and see how well I do. I took that years ago for acne and do not recall if it helped any other way.

I also forgot how it upsets my stomach and was throwing up lastnight about 30 minutes after I took it...UGH..so next time it will be with a full tummy.

So lets keep my fingers crossed..

Oh and he did start me on the magnesium!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2007, 06:37 AM   #17
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User

HI Meme! I have been looking for you ...So nice to see you. I am real sad to see you have slid backwards since the last tiime I saw you. I am glad to hear you got put back on doxy...but just knowing about Lyme if you are on 100 2x a day that will not be strong enough. It needs to be from what I have heard and my own experience 300 to 600 a day. IF I remember right you have a sensitivity to alot of drugs...(think it was you) so maybe starting off with a low dose is good. BUT I would definatley tell them you want to go up higher next time you talk with them.

I know of someone else that had gone to Dr. P ...and the person you talk to took her off antibiotics also. I know they are trying to find alternative ways but sometimes you really need to use antibiotics. Anyway she made no improvement either..SO I talked to doc about it. ...he said people can stay on antibiotics if they want...He just throws these other things out there. I myself stopped going to the middle man about a year ago. And ONLY talk to doc himself...there was too much having to re explain things and getting a different protocol. so I stick to the main man

Mem's like I said in the other post I think it really depends on where we all are in our treatment and our own individual bodies how a new thing works. I am about 5 years into my treatment...And I know I have Lyme and the C.P. bacteria plus the antivirals for virus's. I had to dig my heals in and say I want to stay on these med's. I am also taking D3, and NAC also..plus I am on the Plaqunil. ARe you still on that???? I hope so....

To be honest with you "if" I were you I would take the chance of getting a Western Blot done.....I know money is tight but "if" you could get it at Igenex that would be the best lab. I didn't get a positive through them nor any bands. But did get some bands pulled up on other western Blots I had done...

IF you are dealing with Lyme also plus the C.P. bacteria you truly need to get on higher doses of antibiotics. It may be a good idea to look into this. I know the surroundings of the town you live and I would NOT rule out lyme...

I am also still on zithromax M, W, F....

With the doxy make sure you eat..your poor thing..ugh...being sick ontop of being sick is hard. don't lay down within 30 min either that could mess up your esphouacus..(mis-spell)....

I wish I could take your pain away...

Keep in touch okay??

BIG HUGS coming your way....

Old 11-08-2007, 06:40 AM   #18
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User

Hey Meme, are you on thyroid medication besides the Iodoral> IF you are you be very careful taking the iodoral from what I have read. did you read the imformation you got inside of your bottle> I also read on the internet...The dose is 1 to 4....just watch yourself!

HUGS

Old 11-08-2007, 06:56 AM   #19
    J0J0
    Inactive

Oh one more thing I thought of...

I just started talking to another lady that goes there. And she only takes ONE tablet plus her t-3 and is working up a storm during the week. This is what I mean that were all different...

bye

Old 11-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #20
    Meme
    (female)

Meme HB User

Hey there....where to begin. Yes I am the one that has had a horrible HERX reaction when I was on the antibiotic protocol.
    Yes I know that the doxy is only 100mg bid but I am having a terrible time just on that so I am going to work my way up. That's one thing I have learned with going to Dr.P's.

I actually grew up on the east coast and lived literally in the woods was where my house was and my mom would check us nightly for ticks. NOT FUN

So ya I know how meds work differently on everyone. I know that since going there for 3 years I am the exception! Everything that they do and is working on others I am the oddball. But they said there is a handful.
    UGH
    I am not feeling well so I will write more later
    Nice to hear from you too
    M

Old 11-09-2007, 05:52 AM   #21
    J0J0
    Inactive

Good Morning Meme,

Many of us know how you feel. It took up until maybe last year for the right combo of med's to FINALLY get me over a big hump. And I have been on med's now for 8 years. When I was seeing a doc in Grass Valley for Lyme before Doc P. oh my gosh we both just about gave up trying different cobo's of med's. Cause "nothing" seemed to work...Then little by little I would make an improvment...ugh...it takes years which feels like a life time...ugh!

Has anyone tested you for co-infections? Babesia. Bartonella and the others?? Mine would show a pending but no one ever treated me. come to find out from reading these boards and my own research these test aren't accurate either...How crazy...

Anyway I hope you feel a somewhat better today!

Sending you hugs!

Oh my gosh I have been thinking about your Mom pulling ticks off of you...just gives me the YUCKS!!

Stay in touch okay?

Old 11-09-2007, 07:15 AM   #22
    cappy7
    (male)

cappy7 HB User

Hello all,

Just been doing some reading on Potassium Iodide (Iodoral) and its use in the treatment of other diseases. The most intriguing reading has been its use in the treatment of Syphilis. As we all know, Syphilis is caused by a spiral-shaped bacterium called a spirochete, just like Lyme. I thought you guys would find this interesting if you didn't know it already. This could become part of an effective treatment for Lyme disease. I'm not saying it's an end all be all treatment, but it might turn out to be very effective. Iodine is antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and antiparasitic. Plus, our bodies need it to function properly. If you haven't already, please read the differences between "organic" and "inorganic" iodine. Don't get them confused. Iodoral is an "inorganic" non radioactive for of potassium iodide, which is extremely safe. I've also read where Iodine can be safely used in gram amounts for certain treatments. This is way more than we are taking using Iodoral, with the max being 50mg, which is 4 tablets a day. I'll be doing more research and will update you as I go on.

Thanks

-Dave

Old 11-09-2007, 07:43 AM   #23
    J0J0
    Inactive

HI Dave ,

I'm doing 4 a day now too. I still am lovinggggg it! How are you doing on it?

Thanks for the research.....

Have a great day!!!

Old 11-21-2007, 04:47 AM   #24
    J0J0
    Inactive

Hi Meme,

How are you doing on the doxy??? You feeling any better?

Just to let everyone know ...I am still LOVING my Iodoral! zoom..zoom...

Hope everyone has a GREAT Turkey Day!

Hugs....

Old 11-21-2007, 05:48 AM   #25
    Aimiloo
    (female)

Aimiloo HB User

Jojo, is this supplimenting your ABX regime? (I can't remember if you have one sorry!!!)

Old 11-21-2007, 06:08 AM   #26
    J0J0
    Inactive

Hi Amiloo, I know it is hard to keep up with what everyone is doing.

Beings I am 8 years into antibiotics I have (most) of the nightmare behind me. The doctor that I see now is having his patients take Iodoral. Iodine is what it is...

Iodine, majority of us are low in beings the way that we eat. It is good for warding off bacteria (s) , virus's, cancers and such. Good for our immune systems.....

Alot of the population has thyroid problems...because we lack Iodine...and those of us that have other conditions to deal with have a double whammie.

You can find info about Iodine on line and or read up on Iodoral.

I am also on zithromax, D3, NAC and a antiviral .....

Good Luck with your treatment!

Hugs

Old 11-21-2007, 06:59 AM   #27
    Aimiloo
    (female)

Aimiloo HB User

ok thanks...i've been reading up on the iodoral, i was just curious where you were in your treatment

I'm an 8 year Lymie, but I was treated 8 years ago incorrectly...so it's just been festering my my body since 1999.

Ahh well, it's another day and another step toward being normal again!

Old 11-21-2007, 07:06 AM   #28
    J0J0
    Inactive

Give or take a year I went about 15 years mis-diagnoised....It has taken about 8 years on different protocols to get where I am now...

I still have crap imbedded in my head between my scalp and skull...I just have to be careful not to get into stressful sitiuations which causes the old mind and body to go hay wire...

So cured "no" ...Better "yes".....

I wish you lots of luck...It takes ALONG time to unravel all the damage done...but you "Will" get better.....

One step at a time....

Hugs

Old 11-21-2007, 07:10 AM   #29
    Aimiloo
    (female)

Aimiloo HB User

My biggest concern is that my husband and I want to start a family next year....and I need to get to a place where I can take care of a child as well as us and a house....right now, forget about it!

But my LLMD knows this, and we're working towards it. When I told him the plan he wasn't adverse to it but we all know I have to be significantly better first.

**Sigh** Such is life.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:16 AM   #30
    J0J0
    Inactive

I lost a baby when i was extremly ill ...

Take your time...get "better" first...

I agree that you truly need to be able to take care of "you" first...It would be hard on hubby trying to take care of you both....

Will put you in my prayer's. I know what it is like to want a baby....

You'll get there...your very fortunate that you have found these healthboards to find out info...

don't forget to try the detox baths to help pull out the toxins....The dead bacterias put off gases ...I learned this the hard way...ugh!

Have a restful day!

Closed Thread