It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• does yogurt cure acid reflux burning?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-10-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
    amber10
    (female)

amber10 HB User
    does yogurt cure acid reflux burning?

does yogurt cure acid reflux burning?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2007, 04:44 PM   #2
    chrisitine
    (female)

chrisitine HB User
    Re: does yogurt cure acid reflux burning?

I find when I have acid reflux burning anything dairy makes it worse.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:42 PM   #3
    amber10
    (female)

amber10 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chrisitine View Post
    I find when I have acid reflux burning anything dairy makes it worse.
    Thanks for the reply. I keep reading that probiotics are excellent for GERD or acid reflux, along with apples. I have had GERD about 10 years and been on Nexium about 1 year and before that Prilosec. Have you found anything dietary at all that helps?

Old 11-12-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
    k2626
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

k2626 HB User

Ginger tea has helped me a lot!

Old 11-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
    amber10
    (female)

amber10 HB User

Thanks, K2626 )
    I'll try ginger tea. Do you take PPIs? If so, have you stopped the PPI and just used the ginger tea alone for acid reflux attacks? Thanks.
    Joy

Old 11-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #6
    k2626
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

k2626 HB User

I am on Aciphex. When I was originally diagnosed with GERD and es. spasms my only symptoms was shooting chest pains. So at that time my doctor put me on Aciphex. When I finished the bottle I felt great and did not refill my prescription. Well months and months later (after not paying attention to my diet-I use to eat salads with tomatos and onions DAILY and indulged a couple times a week in wine) my GERD came back 10 times worse than before, this was about 2 wks ago. I just put myself back on Aciphex last week, and started the ginger tea as well. So to answer your question, I have not just done ginger tea---I honestly didnt think my GERD would return once I finished my meds as I did not do enough research on this. So it looks like I am going to keep myself on meds for awhile because the pain I had last week (burning stomach, sharp chest pains, belly aches) was horrible!

Are you on medication right now? Let us know how the ginger works out for you. I also heard that licorice extract is good as well.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:52 AM   #7
    amber10
    (female)

amber10 HB User
    Smile Re: does yogurt cure acid reflux burning?

Hello. My only symptoms from GERD are the severe reflux burning in my chest and throat, no spasms or stomach pain. I used to wake up at night choking also from the reflux, but now that I use a slanted elevated pillow, major improvement now. My GERD started about 10 years ago, was on Prilosec 9 of the 10 years and now Nexium about a year. I'll try the ginger tea and licorice extract. I've heard the probiotics like yogurt are excellent. One day I want to get off the Nexium completely because I'm concerned about the long term use of PPIs is harmful. Thanks for the input.
    Amber

Closed Thread