It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Tummy Tuck Question...16 days post op

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #1
    Funnygirl2
    (female)

Funnygirl2 HB User
    Tummy Tuck Question...16 days post op

Hi!!! New Here!!! I had a hernia repair and partial tummy tuck done 16 days ago...by general surgeon. I was not expecting any "beauty belly" but I am pleased with results even though they weren't from a plastic surgeon. I have all of my drains out... both umbilicus and abdomen wounds are closed and I have NO DRAINAGE!! And, Tummy is FLAT!!!! I'm still wearing my binder...HOW LONG DOES THIS GO ON!!! Without it I feel very vunerable. I'm also wondering about pain...if I'm still (lying or sitting) I feel fine but my stomach is soooo tight it hurts/uncomfortable to move...NOT TERRIBLE....but uncomfortable. I'm taking about 4-6 pain pills daily (percocet/darvocet), is this NORMAL at 16 days postop...should I be feeling better???? I'm back to work in 2 weeks and scared!!!!!!!!! JM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 02:33 PM   #2
    Dee2000
    (female)

Dee2000 HB User
    Re: Tummy Tuck Question...16 days post op

Well, I hope you are feeling better by now. After a true tummy tuck, patients complain of the tightness feeling. Interesting, the general surgeon would do the tummy tuck. Usually the plastic surgeon will either come in after the hernia repair or the plastics will do both.

Hopefully, now you've tapered off the pain meds. The tightness will last different on everyone, but usually a few weeks. You can also switch from your binder to the spanx or some other form of control top. Most patients feel relief from the pressure.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:17 PM   #3
    Janett
    (female)

Janett HB User

Hello,

I had a TT & Lipo done 2 years ago. Every one is different, I had swelling for about 3 months or so and then every once in a while when I over did it. I know what you mean about the binder. I wore mine most of the time for the first few months. I just felt better with it on. The tightness for me lasted quite some time the longer in to the healing process I remember feeling the tighness and weird tingle sensations in the lower tummy, between the BB and the incision. I took darvocet for 3 days after the surgery and then took advil off and on, the pain wasnt bad for me at all. I went back to work after 3 weeks and was basically ok, I remember feeling tired and was ready to go home at the end of the day. I think it would depend on what type of work you do. I sit most of the time but can stand & sit as needed so it wasnt that bad. Good luck to you and Happy Healing!!

Old 12-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #4
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User

Is it stupid or dangerous for an over sixty yr old female to have a tt? I Hate my stomach sooooo much. Terrified of pain. ))-:

Old 12-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
    Pat007
    (female)

Pat007 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SusanGene View Post
    Is it stupid or dangerous for an over sixty yr old female to have a tt? I Hate my stomach sooooo much. Terrified of pain. ))-:
    Hi there,

Talk to your P.S. and Medical Physician. I was 58 when I had mine. My health is excellant and I'm not on any medications. IMO, you should evaluate yourself along with your health providers to decide.

Closed Thread