It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Dysplasia again after LEEP...worried

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
    JMURidr2007
    (female)

JMURidr2007 HB User
    Dysplasia again after LEEP...worried

At the end of November 2006 I had a colposcopy done and then had a LEEP done Feb. 2007 to remove moderate dysplasia. They told me that the edges of the piece removed were clean so they got all of it. I went in 3 months later and had an abnormal pap, 3 months later had a normal pap, and now 4 months later have gotten another abnormal pap and have been scheduled for another colposcopy. I really don't want to go through this again because I thought everything was solved. Has this happened to anyone else where it has been normal and than come back abnormal so quick? I am getting married in May and am upset because I want to have children and am feeling like I will be having LEEP procedures for the rest of my life. I have HPV and the doctor said it usually becomes inactive within 2 years and it has been almost 2 years since I was diagnosed. Does it just never go away for some women? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am fed up and just wish I could be normal again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2007, 03:33 PM   #2
    AlexaIn2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
    Re: Dysplasia again after LEEP...worried

I have been having abnormal paps for nearly two years. I have had a coloscopy and I never want to do that again. I lean towards natural healing and medicine, but recently I stumbled upon some stories from women who tried natural therpy with much success and they had CIN III. This particular women drank an herbal tea, took sitz bath with castor oil packs pressed on her abs and used a tampon soaked in an herbs and it went away.

I decided I am going in for one more and if it comes back abnormal again, I am trying this. You will have to do this often, like everyday, but within a few months women have success. Another also posted here recently that she went to a naturopathic doctor and used herbal suppositories and vitamins, etc. and she also has success. It may be another alternative that to be scraped and cut at.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
    BE 123
    (female)

BE 123 HB User

Alexa, can you please post the protocol including which herbs and how often to take or insert each item? I didn't know castor oil was helpful. I used those before. It's messy but if it helps, I'm going back to it.

JMU, I agree with Alexa-- right now would be a great time for you to try the naturopath way. And have surgery to fall back on.

I have a question for you gals. I'm looking at a possible leep in March (but praying and working at this to go away in the meantime) and wanted to know what is cut. Do they remove just the bad patch (plus some extra) leaving a "dent" that fills in with scar tissue?

Or do they remove the entire layer of cervix?

I am getting on a protocol hopefully in a week when I have my naturopath appointment (nervous and can't wait) and if it works I promise to return to guide others.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
    AlexaIn2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Yes, I can post the reciepe for the tea and tampon soaks tomorrow, Tuesday. I am going to try them myself. The herbal, natural way of healing makes sense to me.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #5
    BE 123
    (female)

BE 123 HB User

link removed

Last edited by BE 123; 12-18-2007 at 12:51 PM.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:09 AM   #6
    happymom28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

happymom28 HB User

Well, I had two normal paps 3 and 6 months after my LEEP and then an abnormal one at 9 months. When I got the colposcopy done and the took a couple of biopsies my doctor said I was still "healing". This could be the case with you as well. I had my 12 months one last month and it came back normal. I can now go every 6 months instead of every 3.

HPV doesn't "go away". It just surpresses, but it can come back. Stress can trigger it. My second pregnancey triggered it. Following a healthy lifestyle (like the previous poster recommended) is important. If you smoke, quit. If you take birth control, get off of it. Most importantly, talk to your doctor and let him/her know of your plans for starting a family. They should be able to work with you and your fears. If you are uncomfortable talking with them or they don't have the time, that's a sign you should find a more "patient friendly" doctor.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:56 AM   #7
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

I had to have a cold knife cone done last November, which came back with carcinoma in-site, but the biopsy results came back with perfectly clear margins. Every 3 monhts I had to have another pap, the first 2 came back normal but the third came back HSIL again. My gyno seemed to be very worried about this, just had anotehr colposcopy Friday, ughhhh, and right away she said I should really think about hysterectomy, just great. But of course we will wait for the results to come back, but in the mean time, I am not going to let myself get worried sick over it, I have enough other problems. I dont know why it came back after being normal 2 x prior, but she did ask If I have alot of stress. I do have alot from being in major pain alot, but other than that, thats really my only big stressor. I wonder if steroids can play some part, being that these drugs lower one's immunity. I have taken oral prednisone, medrol dose packs, and several lumbar epidural injections and a nerve block with steroids. So maybe all my pain plus these steroids has something to do with it, i dont know.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:33 AM   #8
    AlexaIn2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Here are the recipes as promised. I know in my city there is an herbal store nearby that has every dry herb you could imagine, so I hope you are able to find these herbs too. Also, women with dysplasia and that are also on a birth control pill tend to be deficient in folic acid. Take a good dose of folic acid for 3 months and make sure you are also getting vitamin A, B complex, and of course C. You are suppose to do this everyday until your next appointment, especially if it is within a couple of months and hopefully this along with proper vitamins and diet and exercise you could come back with a normal exam. Like I said, I am going to be trying this soon. It doesn't work for everyone, but it works with many and you have to be patient, the body knows how to heal itself given the healthy alternative here.

Cervical Dysplasia Tea

2 teaspoons vitex berries

1 teaspoon each burdock root and false indigo root

½ teaspoon each calendula flowers and echinacea root

5 cups water

Bring herbs and water to a boil in an uncovered pot, then simmer gently for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover pot and let steep for 20 minutes. Strain out herbs. This can also be taken as a tincture or in pill form.

Tampon Soak

1 heaping teaspoon dried calendula flowers

½ teaspoon goldenseal rhizome powder

1 cup water

5 drops tea tree essential oil

Put herbs and water in a pot, place on stove and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let steep for about 30 minutes. Strain and add essential oil. Soak tampon in mixture, stirring well to distribute the oil. (Be sure to use a tampon that comes enclosed in a cylinder inserter or the soaking will expand it too much.)

Last edited by AlexaIn2006; 12-19-2007 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Spelling

Old 12-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #9
    AlexaIn2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Drugs could be a contributing factor because they consist of toxic chemicals and it isn't natural for our bodies. Sometimes we don't have immediate side effects, but side effects that may affect you months or years down the road. Chemicals build up in various parts of the body and we are unable to filter them out because it isn't natural, therefore causing diasese, sickness, etc....Steroids inhibit natural hormones in the body. Naturally, diasese and sickness comes about when our body is out of balance, meaning our hormones or ph levels are out of whack. I know Prednizone is also a type of steroid too. Epidurals can give you a lifetime of headaches, literally. I actually gave birth drug and intervention free in 2006 because of the side effects of drugs. I didn't want them in my body or my babies body. I am not sure of the reasons of why you are on several steroids, etc. but you may want to look into alternatives or really read the side effects. I wish you well!

Old 12-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #10
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexaIn2006 View Post
    I am not sure of the reasons of why you are on several steroids, etc. but you may want to look into alternatives or really read the side effects. I wish you well!
    I have possible lupus or something that causes me flare ups of joint pains, swelling, hives, rashes, etc...the only med that helped was pred. I also have OA & spine problems, had steroid injections into my spinal canal several times; also had short course medrol dose packs for flares and to try to help nerve inflammation from disc herniations and lumbar stenosis. And actually the steroids usually help me immensely, though the side effects are the bad part. So pain & inflammation from all of this over the past several yrs has been very stressful on my body. I got to the point where I basically could no longer walk & finally had spine surgery.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:04 PM   #11
    JMURidr2007
    (female)

JMURidr2007 HB User

I have heard of the more natural remedies...just wasn't sure if they worked or not...I guess I was just wondering how many people this happens to? I mean...I had the LEEP once and supposedly was back to normal for one pap...why would it go bad again so quickly?

Old 12-19-2007, 08:25 PM   #12
    AlexaIn2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Natural rememdies make sense when you really think about it. The same problem will keep reoccuring if you don't change your lifestyle. Doctors may cut it out of you, but if you are toxic or your bosy is still out of balance the same problem can occur over and over again. If you feed your body the natural herbs, minerals, and vitamins it needs you body has the ability to heal itself. This is always the case, but for many it can be without being cut.

I have had abnormal results for nearly two years. I figure I am toxic. I need to eliminate stress in my life which I always work at and I need to exercise more. Although I eat organically for the most part, I love to bake and eat a lot of candy and sweets. I never de-toxed myself, although I have the system to do it, I am going to start that this week now that I have it. I started drinking herbal teas, and if my next exam comes back abnormal, I am dedicating myself to naturally healing myself of these bad cells. I believe it to be possible and I am willing to give it a try. I believe that my body is off and this is the way it is telling me I need to take better care of myself. I am HPV negative, so I have more of a chance to correct this on my own because I don't have HPV contributing. I am starting to ramble, but the more I delve into reading about alternatives, the more it makes sense to me, especially when I read other people's stories.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:21 AM   #13
    JMURidr2007
    (female)

JMURidr2007 HB User

How tea-like are the herbal teas? I ask because I cannot usually drink teas, hot or cold. I always get headaches from it so I have quit trying to drink them.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #14
    AlexaIn2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I am nit sure what you mean, tea is tea. They are dried flowers or herbs that are in bags that you drop into hot water and let them steep for a couple of minutes. I was never a tea drinker until recently, I drink lemon tea with rosehips. It has a lemon zip to it and I add fresh squeezed lemon. Chamomile is light tasting. I don't add honey, sugar, or drink it caffinated. I buy mine at the grocery store, but for this dysplasia tea, I will have to go to an herbal store and buy each herb in order to make it.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:25 PM   #15
    tigerlilyx61
    (female)

tigerlilyx61 HB User

Ok I have to post here. This happened to me back in the early eighties and I often wonder whatever became of it. Shortly after moving to Tucson I had an abnormal pap. Moderate to severe dysplasia. I was offered two choices-cyrosurgery or I could partake in an experimental trial that the U of A was conducting. I opted for the latter. It involved putting a cervical cap of vitamin A cream on the cervix for periods of time. I can't remember specifics but I know it started with having the cap put on every day for like a week or two and then decreasing how many times they put it on. My dysplasia went away and has never returned. The amount of time I spent in the study was a good year and involved them taking pictures of my cervix (along with all the other participants) and sending them to Washington so I am assuming it was either funded by the government or maybe the FDA was overseeing it. I had to have a couple of cone biopsies done through out this time and I feel your pain...they hurt. Also I understand your feelings of wanting children. That was one of my concerns. I don't know if the U of A would have any info on this but I often wonder whatever happened to it. Good luck to you all

Closed Thread