It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Adrenal Fatigue??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-08-2007, 01:48 PM   #61
    leeleelanilou
    (female)

leeleelanilou HB User
    Re: Adrenal Fatigue??

As an Aunt of a young police officer, it really upsets me about the way you've been treated by your Department & the city's insurance. Did you have disability insurance through work? Could you write to the mayor, the governor? Anybody??? Call the local T.V. for help? Some one to do a charity event to help pay your medical bills? You were proud to serve your community, let them be proud to do something nice for you. Have someone get the word out about what you've been through.

About your illness. My sister has a small tumor on her pituitary gland. The Neuro doc says it's too small to cause any symptoms & is best to leave it alone. Well, she has a lot of the same symptoms that you do. She also has most of the symptoms of Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I know because I have both of these illnesses. These syndromes can be as debilitating as what you describe of yourself. However, there's no test that can be done to affirm if you have FMS/CFS & there's no miracle cure for either of them. The fact that you have found a good Doc that has found the parasites, yeast overgrowth & Rouleau is a good sign that he is on the right track. Please trust him enough to follow his treatment advice. I know that money is an issue for you so maybe you could talk to your doc about making sure he didn't do tests just for sh*ts & gi**les, as my husband would say. Or perhaps you could do some investigating online for natural remedies for yeast & parasites.

You mentioned your spelling earlier. I know this boards spell check ******** doesn't work. I have the G**gl* tool bar & there's a spell check right on it that I use. I really can't spell worth a darn! Anyway, no one really cares on this site because we're all here for not feeling good in one form or another. Who can think when they feel like this, right!!?? Take care Nick. I'll be praying for you.
    Leelee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #62
    DIAL
    (male)

DIAL HB User

LEELEE,
    I appreiciate your concern. I looked into legal matters. I was tased in training 2 months prior to my symptoms coming on and sustained a bad back injury which required physical therapy. Many doctors stated that my current problems may be tied to the tasering. It is 50,000 volts. As time goes by more, and more issues are being brought to the table with the taser. It's effective when needed, but should not be used in training. Too many Officers are getting injured. Every one's body is different and where some may be ok, others are not after a hit. After all, we dont shoot each other to see how our guns feel when shot. Any way, I looked into legal matters, but all were afraid of the taser giant and their attornys payroll. As far as the department, well some Officers already say they have lost respect for me due to my illness. I'm not sure why, Ive heard some state I'm faking it. Dont why one would work hard to become an Officer, then fake an illness only to have their home furclosed on. Makes sense right? Basically I became dead weight, and they wanted to figure out a way to get rid of me if I didn't get better soon. Legally they cant fire me due to illness, so they started LOOking for any reason to "write" me up, or make my performance look bad. This way they can legally justify letting me go. I was granted Family Medical Leave act, which was signed by the city, stating I had 6 months to get treatment and return to work. 3 months later I was told they made a mistake and I didn't qualify for FMLA b/c I hadn't been employed for 12 months. While I was very sick, and clueless as to what was wrong with me I was told by my employer be back to work in a week or be terminated. I had a pregnant wife, therfore had no choice. I showed up to work and worked sick for 5 more months. It was one of the hardest things I had done. I came close to passing out at work, they called the ambulance. When they arrived my blood pressure was 140/100! Things were getting worse. I kept working and began to miss work do to my illness. I requested light duty, but they refused to grant it. I was then told If I didn't resign, I would be let go. I decided due to safety for me and others, and not to have a termination on my record, I chose to resign. I am now on reserve and trying to get back on track. I would take your advice, but if I were to go to the local news, or raise an issue, It would most deffinately ruin my career, or a future career in Law Enforcemnt in AZ. Police are Clickish and political. It may be wrong, but everything I have worked for would most likely be destroyed. Thats the nature of the beast I guess.
    thanks for your kind words,
    Nick

Last edited by DIAL; 10-09-2007 at 04:18 PM.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:14 PM   #63
    DIAL
    (male)

DIAL HB User

any one ever try Colon cleansing? is real or just hype?

Old 12-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #64
    stejuk
    (male)

stejuk HB User

Hey Nik

Just read your posts. Really shocking. I'm a 31 year old male with a very similair story. Funnily enough I'm a doctor and still I find it really hard to get a good diagnosis. My problem is that I know the inside story on medicine. There are many different schools when it comes to fatigue problems and its hard to know which camp is right. You take one road and it contradicts the other.

I came close to losing my job in the summer (I'm a family practisioner trainee). I started taking hydrocortisol on the advise of a very esteemd colluege. Its given me more energy but its not the magic bullet I was hoping for. I even regret starting it because I will take many months of pain to wean myself of it and maybe only to find it was the best way. I'm not being very clear or helpful amI?

All I want to say is that I share your worries and know full well what ill health can mean.

I hope you are doing much better. I wish us both good health for the new year. All the best, Steve

it would be great to talk some more, see where you are at an all.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:00 PM   #65
    ionaone
    Inactive
    (female)

ionaone HB User

Dial,

Late chimer-inner here. I believe you definitely have an adrenal problem - although you may have other, unrelated problems also. Will your naturopath RX you low-dose hydrocortisone to give you any relief? I won't go into my long health history, but recently I have confirmed very low adrenal function via a saliva test done 4x throughout the day - all way below normal. You can get discounted saliva tests kits from reliable labs yourself thru a place online called the Canary Club to confirm your exact cortisol pattern (plus they also include other tests). I am taking 10mg hydrocortisone when I get up and another 5mg by noon. This is helping me get by. I agree with the other posters about supplementing with salt - ideally sea salt which has trace minerals. Avoid high-potassium drinks/foods (Gatorade/bananas). Get the book Adrenal Fatigue, The 21st Century Stress Syndrome by Dr. Wilson for other things you can do to help yourself - he also has a website but his supplements are expensive. Avoid sugar and caffeine at all costs. Eat as much healthy, organic food as possible every 2-3 hours to maintain blood sugar levels even if it's just a few bites. Adrenals need Vitamin C, take 1-2g/day and B5 100-200mg/day. Reduce stress if at all possible. Get to bed by 10pm every night (adrenals repair themselves somewhere between 11pm-1am). This are some of things I've thought of just off the top of my head, I am a work in progress myself. The taser thing and the fact you are a cop are just red flags in my head. Your body system may not have been equipped to handle these stressors and sent your adrenal/endocrine system into a tailspin.

I'm sorry you are having so many other problems with work and bills on top of your health. Good luck.

Holly

Old 01-09-2008, 11:56 PM   #66
    DIAL
    (male)

DIAL HB User

well thanks guys, Im still ill and dont see much of a light at the end of the tunnle. My luetenant is trying to force me to come back full time. He says if I dont get a clearence from the doc for full time duty status by the 31st of January, then hell have to let me go. I guess I have no choice but to quit my job all together then. I ate dinner the other night, nothing sugary, and hit 237! im pretty messed up.

Last edited by DIAL; 01-09-2008 at 11:57 PM.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #67
    MJC02
    (female)

MJC02 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tifferzz View Post
    Hi there DIAL, yup .... my story did sound a lot like yours .... when I was reading your story, I was like wow that sounds like me!! Yeap, I have been back and forth to Doctors for a year now. I've been to Cardiologists, family doctors, an Endocrinologist just the other week, and back and forth to my Gyno. doctor. I have had so many tests done ...... and not really any answers.

Sorry ..... just Venting a little bit there LOL. I just get sooooo mad! But anyway, I am sooooo glad that you are finally starting to figure things out DIAL. I am hoping with my new test results on the B12, I am hoping that this is a start to figuring out what my problem is too. Definitely keep us posted DIAL as to how you are making out ok?? Ohhhhh and one more thing, how do you go about finding a "Natural" type Doctor?? I have NO clue how to even start looking for one.

Hey there everyone...so glad to find a place where I don't feel alone in my problems. Well of course I wish none of us had to feel like this. But after getting the same treatment of "it's all in your head" seeing that other people are going through this just validates that it is not in our heads.

I've also had my share of ER trips, which only make my nerves worse cause the thought scares me, and then I get treated like I'm crazy and that I'm a waste of space there, which makes me feel even worse.

I feel like I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown, but my problems started with physical symptoms, not mental/emotional ones, those came after. I was even sent to a shrink because I was crying in the doctors office, because I was so tired of the "don't know what's wrong with you" answer. And I tried to tell the shrink my symptoms are tired to physical problems, and about the ER trips, and she told me I just need to breath and that I wasn't dying and to calm down. Umm how does she know for sure there's not something wrong with me. My blood pressure has been very low, and that can be life threatening if it goes to low. I feel embarrassed going to the ER, by ambulance cause I live alone and can't drive there, I've gotten the same guys and one commented on how I was in his book...but he was nice about it. But I think going to the hospital they just see me coming in and ignore me.

I'm now learning about the low BP and the salt and all that...it's been better the last few days even without having to do that. One doctor said my iron is low, and ordered daily b12 shots for two weeks, which a nurse comes to my house to do and is doing my BP and temp. as well. So that's why I know it's gotten better.

Anyway I quoted you Tiff because you mentioned trying to find a "natural" type doctor, and I see you live in PA. There's a really great Dr. in NJ, about a half hour outside of Philly that is board certified, was a regular medical doctor for a long time and then went into alternative treatments. Dr. Greenberg at the Magaziner Center...if you do a search you can find their website and all about them. People come from all over the country to see him and the other Dr there, Dr. Magaziner who specializes in heart problems and cancer.

I started going to him for other problems, auto immune things, arthritis to be exact, regular rheumatologists wanted me to go on some medicine that can cause TB and have all these other side effects, they just prescribe the stuff like its nothing. I said no way and that's how I find the other doctor. He does these injections of cod liver oil in my knees and it worked within a week to help me tremendously.

He does good adrenal tests, and is doing a female hormone panel on me, month long saliva test which he said is much better than one time blood tests that normal doctors will just give you.

They treat so much there, their website lists everything. They are all about getting to the root of the problem and not just treating the symptom. I've had the arthritis my whole life and every doctor just wants to treat the immediate symptoms. He was the first one that right off the bat said he wants to get to the bottom of why I have it, and listed a whole bunch of things it could be. Still getting tested for some of them. Candida is one, I tested as a severe overgrowth of that.

I really feel for you DIAL, I am only 27 and this should be a time where we feel great and have tons of energy and can do whatever we please. I had to go out of work last week because I had used up all my sick time and then some, I couldn't do a full day I would have to run out of the building because I felt dizzy, shaky, like I was going to pass out, no power in my legs, like they're gonna give out on me.

Good luck to everyone at getting to the bottom of your issues.

Also about the adrenal fatigue...I also see a chiropractor, who does muscle testing. I've had a number of these done over the years and they always seem to be right on. Basically you just hold up your arm, they do a test of it and tell you to resist aganist them pushing down, which without them pressing on any of your muscles you should be able to resist. Then they press where they think you have a problem...I mentioned to him I was tired and he pressed on my adrenals and my arm went straight down in the muscle test. He said I was in a state of fatigue. And that's without telling him any of my symptoms. Another time he pressed on my pancreas and asked if I had problems with my blood sugar, which I do, it gets low, bad eating habits.

But anyway he gave me these supplements called DSF Formula, it has adrenal and thymus supplements. He said he takes it himself. No side effects to any other medications.

Last edited by MJC02; 01-11-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Old 01-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #68
    DIAL
    (male)

DIAL HB User

Feeling Dizzy, shaky, weak legs, and like im gonna pass out has been my life story the past year. That is what has been so scary.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #69
    ionaone
    Inactive
    (female)

ionaone HB User

You really need to find an open-minded endo that has expert knowledge of adrenal / thyroid issues or a naturopathic MD. Get the Diagnos-Tech saliva test kit from the Canary Club for $140. You need to find answers, you sound very sick. Get that book I mentioned. Read all you can about adrenal fatigue and see if it fits you.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-12-2008 at 05:43 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 01-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #70
    jlt18
    (female)

jlt18 HB User

I did not read this entire thread...I found this site when I was searching...I would love to know who you are seeing Dial. Just like you - no luck with endo's and mostly MD's. I am seeing a PA for AI and Hashi's. Would love a good referral to someone who knows what to do and no convincing, educating on my part.

Thanks

Last edited by moderator2; 01-13-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: please read the rules instead of guessing about them

Old 01-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #71
    DIAL
    (male)

DIAL HB User

Check out West Hampton Natural medicine. DR. Hampton. MESA, AZ

Old 01-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #72
    jlt18
    (female)

jlt18 HB User

Thank you Dial!

Old 02-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #73
    DIAL
    (male)

DIAL HB User

Well guys, the doctors think I have Fibromyalgia. Well see where this goes.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #74
    ionaone
    Inactive
    (female)

ionaone HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DIAL View Post
    Well guys, the doctors think I have Fibromyalgia. Well see where this goes.
    Do you have muscle pain? Fibromyalgia is a syndrome, not a disease anyone has been able to pinpoint 1 universal cause yet. They are basically telling you they don't know what is wrong w/you. I have symptoms of Fibromyalgia, but what is the root cause of it? That is the question you need answered. In my case, I believe adrenal fatigue is the cause of Fibromyalgia, since my symptoms have been relieved by taking hydrocortisone. Granted it hasn't helped completely, but some. They're probably going to want to throw drugs at you to mask your symptoms. Don't let them do that...persist until you find what is really wrong. I still think you need a good Endo or Naturopath who has endocrine expertise.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #75
    DIAL
    (male)

DIAL HB User

Well, I looked up Fibromyalgia, and It describes me right down to a "T" everything listed I have. I don't have muscle aches often, but thats is not always present, just common. As far as them not knowing whats wrong with me, thats nothing new. They do want to throw a bunch of drugs at me, I dont want to take them though. Fibromyalgia has many things linked with it as symptoms like hormone disorders, adrenal disorders, etc. I fit the bill pretty well. Either way I may have it, but they admit they don't know whats wrong or how to treat me very well. This is one big nightmare I cant wake up from. I cant even work. I guess the only good thing with this diagnosis would be medical coverage,and disability granted to me. Since they don't know what's wrong with me, and they don't know what causes fibromyalgia, I guess it may as well be this I am diagnosed with rather than "it's all in your head"

Closed Thread