It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• recurring cervical dysplasia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
    swivelboo
    (female)

swivelboo HB User
    recurring cervical dysplasia

Hello I am a 22 year old female. I was diagnosed in July 2007 with mild-moderate dysplasia. My first pap after three months was normal and my most recent one just came back as mild dyplaysia again. They want to leave it alone and repeat the pap in 6 months. Has anyone else had this recurring dysplasia? Is it fairly common or rare? What causes it to reoccur? Is the wait and see method used commonly and does it work? Just wanted to hear other peoples stories for peace of mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
    mel816
    (female)

mel816 HB User
    Re: recurring cervical dysplasia

I know a lot of people who have had displaysia more than one time. What I don't like about your situation is that they are going to leave it and repeat in
    another 6 months. Sometimes it will go away on its own, they probably are going to see if that happens but I would request a 3 month checkup and ask them why they don't want to do any further testing at this time b/c you have had it before. I am slowly learning the more questions you ask your dr. the better and there are no stupid questions or over reactions when it comes to your health or peace of mind.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
    BE 123
    (female)

BE 123 HB User

Did you ever have a colposcopy and/or an hpv test? If not, I strongly suggest both, especially the hpv test. If that's negative, you can rest assured you're ok.

Based on your timeline I think it's more likely the second pap didn't pick up existing dysplasia. Regardless, you really want to know what grade it is right now.

It does recur though, if your immune system does not overcome the hpv, which is basically the only entity that causes the "normal" squamous or adeno bad paps. Search this board to find natural methods to control/clear the hpv if you're interested. I'm trying it right now, no idea if it's doing anything positive, but lots of girls have had success with it...

Old 01-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
    swivelboo
    (female)

swivelboo HB User

That is what I am concerned about is the six month waiting period. I mean in my mind I am thinking, I had it six months ago and they did a leep procudure to get it all out, at my three month pap after that it was gone and now three moths after that its back. I think that it is pretty quick to have it back and if it can come back within three months who's to say it can not progress in three months. When I asked why they did not want to repeat it they said that the new national reccomendation is six months instead of three which is what it used to be. I am wondering if I can jut say that I want a follow up pap in three months regardless of what any national reccomendation is. It just seems like last time I had this they were very agressive and this time they are not. Last time between diagnosis and the leep proceure it was two weeks. I am really concerned and dont understand why i should have to sit here and be concerned for six month. Any suggestions?

Closed Thread